The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I am delighted that Tevez and Mascherano have joined West Ham.

From a spectators point of view...we now have two more world-class players in the EPL to entertain us. West Ham will most certainly step up another level as a result of these signings...and this should generate further excitement, especially if they go on to challenge for a place in Europe or even the Champions League.

Players like Tevez and Mascherano wouldn't look out of place in any club side in Europe...even big clubs like Man United and Real Madrid. Regardless of any so-called "shady dealings" going on...I congratulate West Ham for being able to sign two players that are of the highest quality.

hachoo

HSC
LMF^^ said:
You should be delighted if they had joined United instead.
We don't need them. As good as they are, Saha Rooney Solksjaer are pretty great .... wouldn't want to ruin whats going very well this year.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
You should be delighted if they had joined United instead.
First and foremost I am a Man United supporter...so of course I would have been stoked if such quality players had chosen to join Man United. I was merely saying that I am delighted with the fact that I will at least now be able to witness their considerable talents on a regular basis now that they are playing in the EPL with West Ham. The EPL is certainly better for their arrival in my opinion...certainly in terms of entertainment value anyway.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
hachoo said:
We don't need them. As good as they are, Saha Rooney Solksjaer are pretty great .... wouldn't want to ruin whats going very well this year.
Well yes we don't need Tevez, but Mascherano is exactly what we need.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
France 3 -1 Italy, revenge of some sort of Les Bleus...

In other Euro2008 qualifiers, Germany hit 13 past San Marino, Crouch scores again for England and Northern Ireland upset Spain.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
yea i heard the aussies played shit, but it doesnt matter anyways, heat + lack of determination, were the causes, oh and did u see that miss by was it griffiths? geez i dont think a blind man could miss that..talk bout our lack of producing quality strikers.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha yeah i saw that strike
he couldnt be more than 1 metre and a half from goal, but he had to strike a fucking post
oh wells

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Craig Foster is sayin Arnold shouldn't be takin the senior coachin job, and I gotta agree wit him. He just ain't got what it takes for the international level just yet. Come Cup finals time, we won't have much a chance against the bigger nations wit Arnold in charge.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
yes they did, so did arsenal, and chelski needed a goal by their defender, wif a lampard penalty miss, to beat charlton, hardly the performance of the "best team in europe" pfft, united without scholesly and roon beat tottenham, 4 in a row..march on united

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Not good, not good at all, especially going into a united game at OT. Hoping for a strong European showing, then hold united to a draw. The latter's looking very unlikely :(

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
united 4 wins on the trot
arsenal, chelsea and liverpool not playing to their potential but they can still make up ground

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
i doubt arsenal can make up that ground, on current form, were going to have to perform against the big teams, were currently in a relegation battle :p what a shit start to the season ...

liverpool were rubbish against everton, johnson looks a great buy, the bloke just has "it" that instinct ... he knows how to find the back of the net ...

friedal saved blackburn saving 2 penalties, what a champion ...

Everton Liverpool 3 - 0
Arsenal Middlesbrough 1 - 1
Newcastle Fulham 1 - 2 (surprise)
Sheff Utd Blackburn 0 - 0
Chelsea Charlton 2 - 1
Bolton Watford 1 - 0
Portsmouth Wigan 1 - 0
Man. United Tottenham 1 - 0

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Led-Zep said:
yes they did, so did arsenal, and chelski needed a goal by their defender, wif a lampard penalty miss, to beat charlton, hardly the performance of the "best team in europe" pfft, united without scholesly and roon beat tottenham, 4 in a row..march on united
Who declared Chelsea the best team in Europe? If it was Mourinho it's hardly a credible source. And you can't say much for United's performance last night, it wasn't great at all. If it wasn't for Van der Sar, Spurs could easily have gotten an equaliser or even taken the lead. Saha had a horrible match, missed two clear chances towards the end.
Although saying all that, United's midfield was superb and Giggs is coming back into amazing form. And hooray for Bolton, a penalty in the 95th minute to win the match :D

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
No we weren't convincin at all, but Tottenham aren't the crappiest of opponents in the league so it was a pretty good result considerin we've got Celtic in midweek then Arse next week. I'll take two 1-0 wins like that against em any day.

Ballack and Lampard have both been utter shit so far this season, so they can suck on it the Cunts. They'll burn in Europe if that continues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)