• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

bng

HSC
HeCtic said:
OMG, a Liverpool fan turns up. Where were all of you a couple of weeks ago?
Still trying to figure how to work this thing
Arnt LFC ahead of Arsenal in the EPL? Isnt LFC the most succesful team in England?
Go the 'pool. Both our goals were awesome against the Hammers.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
havnt liverpool not won a league title since 1990?

and a good win, albeit an expected one for united, lets keep it goin with a win at spurs. ashley cole may be out for a fair while for chelski too, not that he'll b missed anyway

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
All Pool supporters live in the past, how they won so many titles back in the 70s and 80s. Well, time to get a reality check and see what's happening in the 21st century.

Good win for us yes, a bit slow in the first half then it all kicked in after the second goal. Larsson's and Rooney's goals were brilliant, both had wonderful build-ups. Considering that we rested quite a few of our first team players, we'll be more than ready for the trip to North London this weekend.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
bng said:
Still trying to figure how to work this thing
Arnt LFC ahead of Arsenal in the EPL? Isnt LFC the most succesful team in England?
Go the 'pool. Both our goals were awesome against the Hammers.
Haha, you seem like such a stereotype Pool fan. If we win our games in hand we're 1 point behind you and we play you again too. Don't tell me us pumping 12 in 3 games against you doesn't worry you a little for when we come back to town?

Raginsheep said:
I'd be happy to win it considering the players we've used to get there.
He's just jealous he doesn't have Denilson. Him and Diaby were seriously fucken excellent. Diaby is a clone of Vieira and Denilson looks like Cesc with a harder shot on him.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
All Pool supporters live in the past, how they won so many titles back in the 70s and 80s. Well, time to get a reality check and see what's happening in the 21st century.
haha, that is so true.

This forum really is lacking Pool supporters at the moment...so welcome to the thread bng :).

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Gee, more trouble in Italy. The league is now suspended indefinitely due to the death of a police officer. This is very very sad indeed, to have someone killed in the midst of such behaviour is just disgusting. I really feel sorry for that guy, and the rest of the true football supporters.

Not as bad as Hillsborough or Heysel, but still it's pretty bad. I wonder how this will affect the Champions League.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
:( ! what the hell is wrong with italy.

they're so "passionate" about the game... (like sif kill people!)

it's just a game... :( poor police officer.

=/ anyway, socceroos have quite a few injury doubts for the clash against denmark.

wilkshire,schwarzer,neill,moore and viduka all have doubts. :( damnnnitttt.

^___^
HSC
we don't need viduka, and i prefer to see someone in between the sticks than schwarzer this time.
neill + moore will be missed, and i hope we blood more a-league players in the international arena

mat2154

HSC
italy is pretty screwed, violence, match fixing and racism. The EPL is definetly the best league in the world.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
hmmmm - UEFA will beg to differ with you there - La Liga is rated #1 at the moment.

Still, EPL > La Liga > Serie A.

Bundesliga is cool though - HERTHA BSC!!

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
and where does french league come in? (although well, i don't even know wtf is going on there... :p )

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
i dunno for overall quality football not kick chase that about 15-16 epl teams play, la liga is best, even tho i love epl for excitement factor, plus fave team..but yea it looks as tho seri a is suspended for a while, i dont see y the suspended whole league when it was 2 teams involved? if u were gonna suspend leage for anythin it would be matchfixing surely...anyway united need a win tonite

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
The thing in Italy is that a football official also died earlier in the week due to unnatural circumstances. And crowd trouble has been a problem in Italy for quite a while now, Milan derby in the quarters of Champions League a few seasons back, Rome derby a few years back also which was suspended when the crowd invaded the pitch. The suspension of the league right now is harsh for fans, but I believe it is necessary. Hopefully things can get sorted out and the league will resume asap.

Anyway, yes United will win tonight, we've got good results at Tottenham lately, maximum points in our last 5 or 6 visits. Should be a close game, but we'll win 2-0.

Chelsea can only manage a 1-0 win at rock bottom Charlton, not the most impressive of performances I must say, and Liverpool and Arsenal both drew. Thoughts that they'll still win the title...?

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Chelsea can only manage a 1-0 win at rock bottom Charlton, not the most impressive of performances I must say, and Liverpool and Arsenal both drew. Thoughts that they'll still win the title...?

Arsenal and Liverpool were out of the title race a long time ago. We've been focussed on Europe and blooding these youngsters for the past couple of seasons and unfortunately and we're in a transition period when we could've avoided it.

Don't worry we're going to win big silverware sooner rather than later.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Arsenal and Liverpool were out of the title race a long time ago. We've been focussed on Europe and blooding these youngsters for the past couple of seasons and unfortunately and we're in a transition period when we could've avoided it.

Don't worry we're going to win big silverware sooner rather than later.
Well Fabregas still reckoned they could win the title after beating us last week.

I'm sure you guys will win something big very soon, the Mickey Mouse Cup final is only 2 weeks away. :)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Well Fabregas still reckoned they could win the title after beating us last week.

I'm sure you guys will win something big very soon, the Mickey Mouse Cup final is only 2 weeks away. :)
I don't understand the bitter digs about the Carling Cup. We played our kids and got to the final, you guys played yours and they proved inadequate, simple as that.

Patience is the key here. Our team will be animal next season.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
Man Utd 25 60
Chelsea 26 57

:( i don't like thissss. the gap looks so small!! :( . cross my fingers and hope we winnnn.

looked tight first half... good 4-0 win in the end. :)

should look like this now aye? :)

Man Utd 26 63
Chelsea 26 57

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Don't be a pussy mate, there's nothing to worry about. That's what real title races are about.

Wow, what a win. 4-0, there was some really impressive play there in the second half. Shame about the injury to VDS, hope it's nothing too serious. Maybe he can wear a mask and that'll solve the problem. O'Shea played very well in there as keeper too, beat Robbie Keane 1 on 1. This guy can play just about anywhere...!

6 point gap and another 3 goals better off, and another tough game over and done with, this is looking pretty good.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
What an impressive win indeed!:) Chelsea is still somehow only 6 points behind us depite being scratchy all season...but we will surely go on to win the title if we can maintain this kind of form.

sk1001

HSC
LMF^^ said:
The thing in Italy is that a football official also died earlier in the week due to unnatural circumstances. And crowd trouble has been a problem in Italy for quite a while now, Milan derby in the quarters of Champions League a few seasons back, Rome derby a few years back also which was suspended when the crowd invaded the pitch. The suspension of the league right now is harsh for fans, but I believe it is necessary. Hopefully things can get sorted out and the league will resume asap.

Anyway, yes United will win tonight, we've got good results at Tottenham lately, maximum points in our last 5 or 6 visits. Should be a close game, but we'll win 2-0.

Italian domestic football is a shambles. It's no longer safe for families to attend and that's being reflected in attendance. With average crowds of 8000, the A-League does better. Scrap the Serie A and revamp the whole bloody thing. They can start by having some decent, civilised all-seater stadiums ffs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)