The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

hachoo

HSC
The Danish guy was a fan. Sweden should have won anyway. How undisciplined is that! Punching a guy in the final stages of the match. Right up there with Zidane's Headbutt

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
what do u guys make of united being linked to saviola and anelka? personally, even if saviola is cheaper, free, i dont think he is what we need plus we would have 3 similar players in size in rooney,saviola and rossi. we need a pacey, target man, and as much as anelka is a dick, i would like to see what he is capable of with this united team. he is still quick, is a proven finisher, and it seems as if his attitude is in check now, plus i dont think he would mess about with fergie, who is totally different in regards to wenger with his daily player sprays. if we dont get a torres type player, id get anelka for at least 3 years, he is only just 28 i think and doenst really suffer from saha style injuries, and he is proven in epl.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
well id rather have someone that can do the job than rely on our strikers again. i mean apart from rooney, there is no other prolific striker in the sqaud, that can stay fully fit. saha is only a 4mth man, solksjaer can only do it in 15mins per game, smith isnt a goalscorer and never was, rossi is to simliar to rooney and unproven in epl. I mean, look at end of this season when we had to play rooney on his own, he isnt great in that position, and works flawlessly with saha. the problem is saha isnt fit all the time, so another version of him in anelka would be perfect, plus he is a proven goalscorer in the epl, fast which is wat fergie wants, and links up well within the counter attack which is how united play i mean imagine an attack of ronaldo, rooney, giggs(nani), and anelka charging up the field.

id rather have him than no striker coming in, and id rather not take huntelaar, seems like RVN version 2. the only other cheaper options could be darren bent, but id rather we stay clear of him. tevez will be expensive, etoo (would be perfect but way to pricey), torres again pricey, kinda limits our options.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Anelka is a decent striker but I wouldn't like to see him in a United shirt. I'd prefer to get Saviola on a free. The most likely target is still Huntelaar in my opinion but in any case... I don't think that we really need to purchase another striker until one leaves.

Last edited:

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
so you would have us get in an unproven, lightweight, similar to rossi in terms of physique, striker, than a much faster, stronger, can play as a target man and less injured but proven epl striker? as much as i would not want anelka to play for united, i think we gotta think of what he will bring and that is exactly what fergie wants, pace, goals and link up play. perfect for our set up, now we may not get anelka, but at a price of probably under 10 million, he is a gamble we can take than splash the cash on huntelaar who is another, yet slower, version of RVN.

and the case for a striker leaving makes sense, but it wont be smith, so it still could be saha meaning we definetly need a striker, however i feel that if we sign anelka it wouldnt necessarily mean saha will leave, as both would know eachother fairly well it could be good for the team. In regards to cost for a player, anelka is the best buy, saviola is the financial buy, and anyother is a long term buy.

hachoo

HSC
Would like to see Huntelaar at United. Anelka is too old and i wouldn't want him at United. If Saha leaves, we will need another striker like him.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Led-Zep said:
as much as i would not want anelka to play for united, i think we gotta think of what he will bring and that is exactly what fergie wants, pace, goals and link up play.
You make it sound like Anelka is the only option available. If being proven in the premiership is your main criteria then I would rather see us purchase Dimitar Berbatov or Benni McCarthy.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
for the price and probably what united have left in regards to funds he is the best option. berbatov is at least a minimum of 15million and i dont see him leaving just yet, and benni mccarthy, who i would actually like if he was under 5 million, is 30 now. the most important things we have to consider is one epl expereince and champions league experience, anelka has both. there are no other strikers at the moment who are under 10million, under 30, with that experience. Obviously i would prefer someone younger, better an with a better attitude, but who else is available?

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
I doubt Anelka will cost less than 10 mill. But I agree with Led-Zep in that you've already spunked 50 mill on three players who may or may not be able to get it done in England, so a guy proven in the Premiership is your best bet.

Saviola would spend half his game standing offside. Good finisher, but an absolute headless chicken of a player.

Worry about who you're letting go for now, because unless Mal has guaranteed money for another splurge that's where your next major activity will be.

Last edited:

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
i dont think the transfer will happen as apparently bolton asked gill if united were going to approach anelka and he said no, so that most likely means its over for now, and the transfer business in regards to players in is over for this season. however, if it is still a possibilty, united can get anelka for 6million, if liverpool give cisse to bolton for half his price. so it could happen. doubtful though.

hectic, who are gunners looking at? the ribery deal seems like its bye bye as he is in talks with bayern, is anyone coming in at all? i saw something about an austrian keeper? bit quiet you lot are, with the exception of the henry/barca rumours again. wonder if he will actually go, fabregas said that he will go back to barca for sure, doesnt know when tho, but he definietly said he wants to play with henry.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
To be honest I'm not really sure. Most Arsenal sites seem to think Malouda is a done deal, and every Dutch source says Babel and Arsenal is guaranteed as well. I'd be happy if we got them, but other than that getting rid of Reyes, Freddie and Hleb is a job in itself.

Untill we sell we won't really know what our budget is. I think for us it's all about staying top 3/4 untill 2009, when we'll really be in the cash. Henry and Cesc aren't going anywhere for a few years.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
malouda would be great for arsenal, he would fit in real well, i think if u get babel he would have to bulk up, he would be ready in the next season or so and would do well. Personally i would like you guys to get rid of hleb and freddie, but i think u should hang on to reyes, i always liked him.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
HeCtic said:
Henry and Cesc aren't going anywhere for a few years.
Henry being linked to everyone at the moment, Barca's there again as is AC Milan and....Liverpool

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I don't understand all this Henry speculation again, is it really true this time...? Arsenal haven't come out and denied anything, which is a worrying sign, just like our Gabby.

Gettin one Malouda wouldn't be enough, and I think Arsenal will let Reyes go, just like Chelsea lettin Crespo go.

Raginsheep

HSC
bazookajoe said:
Henry being linked to everyone at the moment, Barca's there again as is AC Milan and....Liverpool
That happens every year though.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Adebayor talks about Eboue said:
"He's funnier than the funniest comedians on TV," said Adebayor.
"Sometimes when he eats he puts food up his nose and when he met the Queen at Buckingham Palace he was on the floor playing with her corgis.
"At our Christmas party at Gilberto's house it wasn't fancy dress, but there was Eboue dressed as a tiger - with a tail and everything - waiting for me behind the door.
"When I arrived he made a noise like a tiger roaring.
"For a moment I was in a big panic, but then I saw him and I though, 'Oh, its only him!'."
Hahaha. So the next time he does his world famous dive n' roll routine, remember he's just pulling a funny.

Real Madrid

HSC
I got told to troll here.

TROLL THIS TROLL THAT...-_-

Well anyways; A-league and football FTW and every other rip-off code IS RIUBBISH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)