• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

Raginsheep

HSC
I guess I should start cheering for Valencia then?

Also good for Reyes, now hopefully we can get someone who agrees with Wenger's valuation of him.

Real Madrid

HSC
Lets reconcile with some thoughts and for the fact my username consolidates this.

REAL MADRID OWNS ALL OF YOUR ASSES

REYES!

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
I can't believe Milan steals Suazo like thatt

damn I hate Milan so much LOL

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
dhampoet said:
I can't believe Milan steals Suazo like thatt

damn I hate Milan so much LOL
Gee man, this is Milan stealing a transfer straight out of the hands of Inter. It's fuckin big news. I wouldn't take this lightly if I was an Inter fan.

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
Yes,it's crazy since Moratti and the president of Cagliari have already agreed with the transfer and Suazo did medical checkup in Inter last week

But they buy him for 14 million while Inter had the agreement just for 6 million
I hope it will give a clear way for Tevez to come

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Meh, just found out that Inter stole him from Roma anyway.

Inter loves spending eh, can they defend their title...? Hm, it'll be interesting to see. I can't see Juve winning it just yet, but Milan will be strong contenders.

mat2154

HSC
england u21 vs holland 21 was one of the best matches of the year!! holland won 13-12 on penalties. holland scored with a bicycle kick in the 89th minute, england played most of extra time with pretty much 9 men, onuoha was taken off, taylor had to play on, limping around the field, ferdinand hit the crossbar.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
yea that was a pretty good game, thought that england couldve had it if they had more players left on the field! but holland kept pressing last 15mins, and that penalty shoot out, i have never seen that b4, 12-13! insane. im surprised england scored that many considering their past record at penalties, then again they did lose last nite.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Both England and Holland are crap at penalties. But last night's match was amazing. I have never watched such a long shootout before too.

England showed determination, but in major tournaments that is never enough. They did well enough to reach the semis. The player development system in Holland is much better than England, as the Dutch league is comprised of mostly young players, so they get to play week in week out.

I took notice of this guy called Royston Drenthe, he is a monster. He never stopped running for 120mins, and he still had a lot left in his legs in the shootout, his shots were just unstoppable. That guy is gonna be something. Apparently West Ham are going to sign him, I don't know if that's true but he will be a gem.

Raginsheep

HSC
What happens when you run of out onfield players in a shootout? Do the reserves take shots too?

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
raginsheep, u just go back to the original lineup, that is the first 5 penalty takers, it restarts itself, like it did last nite.

lmf, yea royston looks awesome, like a younger davids, ,very similar to him except he seems to have greater speed and dribbling ability, whoever signs him they will get a mad player. im hearing chelsea lookin at him too, unfortunate as i rekon he would suit more of an attacking team with wide fullbacks or as an attacking midfielder, eg gunners, barca, pool etc. united dont need him, tho would be awesome, as we have like 4 left backs/midfielders.

babel doesnt really do it for me, he is to hyped imo, his first touch is poor. that righters (sp?) the one that took the winning penalty, looks like he has potential.

ive been watching the u21 tournament every game and ive noticed some real gems. portugal- moutinho, helmeida, of course nani and veloso
belgium-van den borre
so some good young talent that will make its mark in next 5 years.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
^The guy who took the winning penalty was Gianni Zuiverloon, not Rigters, he was the goal scorer, and looks like a meaner version of Kieron Dyer.

Last night's game was the first game I've watched in the tournament, I just wanted to see some of the Dutch players and how crappy England can be. To my surprise, England did quite well, but as soon as that goal went in for The Netherlands there can only be one winner.

If you noticed, only 10 Dutch players took penalties. This is because England only had 10 players left on the field so the penalty round restarts after 10 players from each side had taken kicks.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
oops sorry ur right, that guy who took it reminded me of a younger pires look alike. the one i was reffering to was wide right at the first half, he lacked composure, but had good pace, skills and passing. its so facinating to note that those under 21 teams would smash every single a league team here. the talent they produce in, spain, holland, france, portugal and now belgium and serbia is remarkable. and englands u21 was pretty good imo.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Thanks Thierry for giving us your best years, thanks for all the goals, but don't let the door hit you on the way out. The worst behaved captain I've seen for us on the pitch and off the pitch, he had to go.

16m - possibly rising to 20. Not a good price, but it puts an end to all this bullshit.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Arsenal should be demanding at least 25-30m for a player of Henry's quality. It is sad to see such an exciting and talented player on the verge of leaving the EPL and Arsenal will certainly miss him.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Well Ruud only went to Real for 11m, so 16m for a 30 year old striker who's been increasingly injury prone and had his worst season on record just recently is decent.

Milan offered more money but rather than taking 20m staggered over 4 years we took 16m up front from Barca. Etoo was originally part of the deal but he wanted a guarantee from Wenger that he'll signa new contract and once he couldn't get that Sammy didn't want anything to do with the move.

Only behind Zidane as far being the most exciting player of our time, but we got his best years out of him and with the way he's acted it was the right time to go. Maybe now I can look forward to who we're signing rather than selling. If we don't sign anyone of note up front and out wide, it'd be pure negligence.

Raginsheep

HSC
I can deal with Henry leaving but selling him for 16m is a fuking joke. You can't even buy Bent for 16m.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
is this a done deal? i saw it on soccernet, but is it a definite? wow i have to say even tho i thought it was going to happen im still surprised. he was a genius and if i couldve had any gunners player it would be him, true legend and we will see how he goes in spain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)