• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Anythin is possible in this game, and of course, I'll be gunning for a United win. In a game like this, any win is a good win.

It won't be a fiery encounter like the days of Keane and Vieira, and it'll be an open game. Just can't wait.

Oh and for once I'll be cheering for the Scousers, please don't embarrass yoselves again at home.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
On another note, I just wanted to mention the retirement of Sebastian Deisler at the age of 28. It's truly sad to see him end his career that way, he was one of the most talented players to come out of Germany in a long long time. I'm no Bayern fan, but I must feel for him. His was destined for big things, but there goes another star whose potential was not realised.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
yea deisler was a fantastic set piece taker, he was fantastic and deserved more of a career. will be missed, as much as i hate bayern he was a gem.

In other news, ronaldo may move to ac milan asap..i wouldve loved to have seen him at united, a true legend, wouldve been the greatest imo had it not been for injuries, i mean 32 goals in 34 for barca, and 25 goals in first season at serie a...brilliant..

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Centrebet offering even money on United looks good with Gilberto out, should be a very interesting match.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Led-Zep said:
thats cool i wouldnt mind, might make u gunners sleep easier knowing that u wont win the title yet again...awww...
Meh, your drought has been longer than ours and our team is the most promising football side I've ever seen. People think our kids are good now but our best young players Bendtner and Vela are coming back next season and provided we sign well, it'll be 2 seasons tops before we win a title.

its ok arsene knows best...
People wrote Slur Alex off and he came back pretty well. This guy on a pretty inferior budget pretty much single-handedly gave you the only sustained challenge in the Premiership before Abramovich came along, and you write him off like that? Like I said before, typical United arrogance.

Don't take winning the Premiership for granted either. There's always a bit of a blip on the horizon and six points is nothing at this stage of the season.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I don't think anyone would be taking the title for granted yet. It's only January and we all know we got 4 months of competition left to play, with plenty of tough games left to be taken care of.

Meanwhile Lucas Neill joins West Ham, is it really a better option than Blackburn...? Or did he just do a Beckham and joined them for the money.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Dunno why Neill joined West Ham for. They're in the bottom three, and they have a good chance of getting relegated

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
Wow 3 years and its considered a drought..its ok its been what how long since uve won a european cup? oh wait, uve never won it?

HeCtic said:
our team is the most promising football side I've ever seen.
united arrogance? talk bout gooner arrogance right there..gee i forgot arsenal have the best players in every single position..now thats gunners arrogance..

and me for one is not taking our position for granted in the slightest, ppl on this thread now that by now, but the facts remain, we are on top, a nice lead, and on course to challenge for the title, the way we are playing y cant we win it? so many ppl wrote united of at the start sayin oh itll be chelsea,liverpool and arsenal, united wil have to settle for a uefa cup place..well those ppl are biting themselves now..

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Led-Zep said:
Wow 3 years and its considered a drought..its ok its been what how long since uve won a european cup? oh wait, uve never won it?
I still don't understand this hard-on United fans get about us and the Champions League. We realise we haven't won it and that we may never win it, but I don't see the relevance of this to your 3 years without the Premiership? You lot are no better than scousers as far as living in the past is, it's hypocrisy to the max.

united arrogance? talk bout gooner arrogance right there..gee i forgot arsenal have the best players in every single position..now thats gunners arrogance..
But it is the most promising side I've ever seen. Where and when have you seen so many very good young players, in so many varied positions all looking like they might break through at the same time.

I understand the problem with having such a young team and it's been pretty obvious to us this season whereby our younger guys havent found the necessary know how to pull through in tough games against little teams, but we've improved and they are learning.

Should we sign smartly, we'll win a title pretty soon, I have no doubt about it, and if there's one guy who can pull through in the transfer market it's Wenger.

and me for one is not taking our position for granted in the slightest, ppl on this thread now that by now, but the facts remain, we are on top, a nice lead, and on course to challenge for the title, the way we are playing y cant we win it? so many ppl wrote united of at the start sayin oh itll be chelsea,liverpool and arsenal, united wil have to settle for a uefa cup place..well those ppl are biting themselves now..
This quote made me question your sense of perspective on winning championships:

might make u gunners sleep easier knowing that u wont win the title yet again...awww...its ok
Considering we've won it more recently than you have and you guys are in no way guaranteed to win it this year, I just found it ironic you'd choose a taunt of that nature to use.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
You're all knobs. Newcastle all the way. 1-5 against Birmingham just shows that we're made for Europe!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Raiks said:
You're all knobs. Newcastle all the way. 1-5 against Birmingham just shows that we're made for Europe!
Lmfao.

News have said Lucas Neill has denided moving to West Ham

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Neill's West Ham move still haven't been confirmed yet, so maybe there's still a twist in the tale.

I do have to admit that Arsenal have a very good squad, one that I rate the best in quite a long time. However it'll take time for them to gel together. Whether it comes on Sunday will be another story. After seeing such displays such as against West Ham and Sheffield United you do wonder a little which Arsenal side will show up. But it's a big game and I'm sure they'll be up for it.

I was sad that Hectic couldn't be here for last season's European final, we could've had some fun. :)

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
First there was Cashley, now we've got Lucash...

If Neill does join W Ham this window and the Hammers end up gettin relegated, with the relegation release clause in his contract, he'll be lookin for another new club in 6mths time.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Raiks said:
Yep, our three loanees are getting Brum promoted this season. Bendtner is the one to watch but Larsson and Muamba are good too. I'm so excited about Bendtner and Vela, they'll be sooooooo huge in the future.

LMF^^ said:
I do have to admit that Arsenal have a very good squad, one that I rate the best in quite a long time. However it'll take time for them to gel together. Whether it comes on Sunday will be another story. After seeing such displays such as against West Ham and Sheffield United you do wonder a little which Arsenal side will show up. But it's a big game and I'm sure they'll be up for it.

I was sad that Hectic couldn't be here for last season's European final, we could've had some fun.

Yeah, the story of our season has been struggles against shite teams, but performing to our potential against bigger teams. It's the thing that has me convinced about our quality, when we can pass it around good teams for a whole 90 like we've done a few times this season and in Europe last season. If we can get another top genuine winger and a hard cunt of a midfielder in we'll burn it up in the league next season.

If I was here for the CL final you might've had some fun, but nowhere near the fun I had with you and matt in particular after the Cup final. :rofl:

AcStyle* said:
heh

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Yeah Carlos Vela is something to watch out for, but then again we have our Rossi too who's a gem. Man Utd have also signed Dong Fangzhuo permanently, so he's eligible to play for us now. To be honest, nothing good has come out of Chinese football in recent times but he is technically the best player to come out of the country in quite a while. Shame that the Chinese national coach doesn't really know how to use him and left him on the bench for most games in the Asian qualifiers, quite frustrating to watch.

That FA Cup final, was one of the worst experiences I have ever had. What made it worse was that Vieira fucked off from Arsenal with a trophy in his hands. Not good at all. But if we manage to win against you kunts in a Cup final again this season it'll more then make up for that disappointment. I'm hopefuly of another treble season, but those can only come once in a lifetime.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Yeah Carlos Vela is something to watch out for, but then again we have our Rossi too who's a gem. Man Utd have also signed Dong Fangzhuo permanently, so he's eligible to play for us now. To be honest, nothing good has come out of Chinese football in recent times but he is technically the best player to come out of the country in quite a while. Shame that the Chinese national coach doesn't really know how to use him and left him on the bench for most games in the Asian qualifiers, quite frustrating to watch.

That FA Cup final, was one of the worst experiences I have ever had. What made it worse was that Vieira fucked off from Arsenal with a trophy in his hands. Not good at all. But if we manage to win against you kunts in a Cup final again this season it'll more then make up for that disappointment. I'm hopefuly of another treble season, but those can only come once in a lifetime.
I like Rossi, but sending him to Newcastle was a mistake for you guys. You should've sent him to the Championship or Scotland like we did, he'd get a lot of game time playing under quite an immense amount of pressure and getting the shit kicked out of him. It worked for us with Bendtner, Lupoli,Stokes,Vela, Muamba, Larsson and Gilbert, they're all making names for themselves.

I hear Pique is doing well in Spain though. Might be good for you one day.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Rossi's gone back to Parma on loan, hopefully it won't be the same as his Tooncastle experience. Pique is going good at Zaragoza, I think they're in a pretty good position in the league atm. But with Vidic at the back, Rio is looking like a world class player again. It's amazing what just one player can bring to the team.

I don't think a player like Lupoli will make it at Arsenal, I heard stories before about Arsenal selling him. Justin Hoyte also spent some time at Championship sides too didn't he...? But what is surprising is that Aliadere is still stuck in the reserves, he looks like he'll never make it at the big time at Arsenal.

^___^
HSC
i heard great things about Denilson too..

hmm, can't wait to see Dong playing in the premier league..he looks pretty built, should be a great variation to the rooney-saha attack

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)