The Official Football Thread 2006/2007 (1 Viewer)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Sorry Benny, was too busy laughing at this:

Some Sunday rag said:
Torres Stuns Scouse Cunts With £31.2m Contract Demand

Fernando Torres is reportedly demanding a six year contract worth a massive £31.2million, on the back of Inter Milan's willingness to meet that.

Just when it seemed like Scouse Cunts had seen off the last of the obstacles, a new one seems to have appeared.

A deal with Atletico Madrid has been agreed, and Luis Garcia's move to El Calderon is also all but done, but Fernando Torres, the man who matters, is proving to be the new road-block in his own move to Scouse Cunts.

The Sun report that the striker has asked for a bumper £100,000 a week salary, and a six year contract, which totals to £31.2million.

It is worth noting that Scouse Cunts had decided to dish out his transfer fee - which is much lower than this - only after much deliberation.

Though this amount will be amortized over six seasons, it is a contract that supposedly only five Premiership players - Shevchenko, Ballack, Cuntarrd, and Ronaldo and Henry - have ever topped.

With even Cuntski deciding that Fat Deflectotronic Cunt and skipper Despicable glass-jawed racist patchy haired cunt will not be offered £100,000 a week or over, it would be an understatement to say that Torres' demand has stunned Scouse Cunts.

There seems to be an offer from Inter Milan that has caused the problems. The report insists that Torres' agents, Bahia International, are keen to use the Nerazzurri's offer to land him a bumper contract.

Sources from the agency have been quoted as saying: "He’ll only leave Atletico if the club, and the offer, is absolutely right for him."

It is unclear whether Scouse Cunts will meet this demand. They will want to baulk at it, but will know that losing the player over wage demands after all the hard work they have put in, will be a very sorry situation to be in.
Sorry about the swears, a guy on another forum took a bit of creative licence with the article.

Heh, vastly overrated and wants more money than Stevie G gets. It's got flop written all over it, you guys should spunk it on Tevez or Huntelaar instead.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Heh, we haven't been rumoured to this guy once and we get him. Love it Arsene.

Seen him play twice, once was against us at the Grove and once against England. Scored in both of those games, so I got good vibes watching him play. Other than that I know his nickname is Dudu, hes scored 73/100 for Zagreb, and 7/12 for Croatia.

I love Wenger signings, hope this one turns out good. I'm sure we'll bring in more too. Can't wait.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
£31.2 m over 6 years is £100,000 a year, which is less than what Stevie G gets. Anyway it's The Sun, so I wouldn't read too much into it. I'd have preferred Tevez, and to be honest I don't expect Torres to settle right away, but I think he'll be a genuine world class player after a while. Looks like he'll be here for a while. anyway.

In other news.. rofl

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_2462821,00.html

Last edited:

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Arsene, love your work!

Word is we spent 16m on him :S ... that would be all of the Henry money, but that was quoted from someone in Zagreb, anyway 16m seams a bit much ...

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Seems like this Eduardo Da Silva guy costed more than Henry, £16.25million, according to the Dinamo president.

As for Torres, you guys can have him. Although I'm not too pleased that he has joined Liverpool, I still didn't want him at United. I'd rather keep what we have right now than have him barge into our squad.

Why do Inter always want to buy so many forwards...? They already have good strikers in Crespo, Ibrahimovic, and the much underrated Cruz. Adriano seems like a lost course, but when fit and on form he's a scary guy too. They wanna become Real Madrid no.2 or something.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yes.. for all you Torres critics, Wenger's probably the best spotter of talent in Europe, but this guy is 24 and has only played in Croatia. Fantastic record there of course, and he looks the business on youtube, but surely 16.25 m is surely a bigger risk than 27m for Torres. Mind you he's probably on a much smaller contract. LFC are saying Torres is on 90,000 per week, which is a bit less than the Sun (or the S*n as scouse fans prefer) reported.

LMF^^ said:
Why do Inter always want to buy so many forwards...? They already have good strikers in Crespo, Ibrahimovic, and the much underrated Cruz. Adriano seems like a lost course, but when fit and on form he's a scary guy too. They wanna become Real Madrid no.2 or something.
- Inter collects strikers- Crespo, Ibrahimovic, Suazo, Cruz, Adriano.. they were after Torres too apparently. I think the situation there is that they might let both Adriano and Cruz go by the end of the season. Suazo and Zlatan can be their top 2 , Crespo could be the reliable older player willing to play a few less games. That'd leave them hunting for one more forward if Adriano doesn't get going. I don't know why they don't rate Cruz higher, maybe they have a bit of the galactico fever now that they're champs.

Then again.. Rafa over here is collecting CMs. Gerrard, Xabi, Momo, Masch and now Lucas. I guess what this means is that he doesn't intend on using Gerrard in the centre too often.

Last edited:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
He didn't cost 16mill. He cost 8 mill according to Arsenal, the Dinamo guy said they got the money from the 16m sale of Henry to Barca, but the tabloids took their own interpretation of it, and decided to equate it.

Even if it did cost 16m, it's probably an indication of how highly this guy is rated by us. Looking forward to seeing more of him, the two games I have seen of him he looks like the type of guy who gets into good positions and doesn't fuck around in front of goal. He'll have plenty of chances to bulge the net for us, of that I'm certain.

Torres is a good talent, but he blows hot and cold from what I've seen. Apparently he has something like a 8 shots to 1 goal ratio as well, so hardly the prolific or clinical striker you were hoping for. Bit of a lazy fuck too, but the step up could be what's needed to catalyze his game. We'll see in time.

reddevils

HSC
Hargreaves (£17million)

Anderson (£18million)

Nani (£17.1 million)

We're set to dominate Europe next season!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
See that's the thing though. The fans are crying out for a fox in the box ala Huntelaar, but after all this time I still don't think that's what Rafa's been looking for, at all. He's never played with a player like that, and I guess he wasn't about to change his mind here. You might be wrong about his work rate though, I've only heard good things about it. Anyway, Rafa has a way of bringing out the best in players so I'm cautiously optimistic.

8m would make more sense for Eduardo. His record is Henry-esque in Croatia. Wenger would certainly be the toast of Europe again if he proves to be 1/2 the success Henry was at that price.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
He's got the talent, the things holding him back are his maturity and work rate. The fact that he'll get far less space and face a lot more physicality in the Premiership is going to really push this guy.

He can absolutely blow teams away when he's in the mood, but there's a lot of variables with signing Torres. But, I think a lot of his laziness was due to him maybe stagnating a bit at Atletico, a move to a top tier team is what he's needed for a while to really up his game. I'm 50/50 about Torres, he could be anything.

reddevils said:
Hargreaves (£17million)

Anderson (£18million)

Nani (£17.1 million)

We're set to dominate Europe next season!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heh, the English Flamini, the guy who played so shit for Brazil they got Baptista to replace him, and a twig. 50m well spent there.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Hargreaves is the only one that I can see making any real impact next season. Anderson has a tonne of potential but is still too young. Nani on the other hand.. I've talked to a few Portuguese fans.. the same fans who praised Anderson to the heavens, who think United have been genuinely ripped off on Nani. Apparently he's a bit less skillful than Ronaldo when he first left Sporting, and a lot less intelligent. Having said that, he's at one of the best places possible to fix those problems I guess. Anyway I think I'll put my neck on the block here and say he's not going to be rocking anyone's world for a couple of years at least.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Heh, the English Flamini, the guy who played so shit for Brazil they got Baptista to replace him, and a twig. 50m well spent there.
Heh, no need to serious when responding to that type of post right? :)

Anderson played shit, he was lazy off the ball, and yup, gettin replaced by Baptista just shows this wasn't the best performance in the world. But you can't judge a player in just that one game, and Gilberto Silva was completely shite in the first game against Mexico too. Anderson needs to improve on his work rate, I'm sure Fergie will straighten him up right for the Premiership.

Flamini was a good player, too bad Wenger lost faith in him. I reckon Arsenal could've got 3rd place if he was playing more often. Of course, he'll pop up and score against Chelsea in that game at the Emirates too.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Jebus, I can't have a bit of fun with our new red on the forum?

A couple of more signings and we can do well this season, there isn't much wrong with the team just a couple of issues with the balance that need to be sorted. One down, a winger and another forward should go a long way.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Looks like Modric wanted to come at the same time, but that move was blocked untill January at least.

Hey Benny looks like El Nino is done as well. 24 + Garcia, better hope G&H have left a bit for a wide man or two. Don't be touching Luka though.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Guillem Balague on Sky Sports says £20m + Garcia.. which'd make it easier on all the Garcia fans out there. He was hugely underrated outside LFC before. I'm sure every Pool fan wishes him every success at Atletico.

Anyway, I'm sure Rafa would not have spent the whole kitty on one striker, not really his style. Fairly confident we'll be bringing Simao or Mancini to the Anfield sometime soon as well. Haven't been linked with Modric, so you can have him. Would prefer Quaresma anyway.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Fernando Torres is a complete striker and I think that he will be a successful signing for Liverpool. His success will depend on how he adapts to the English game.

I have to admit that I am a little surprised by Wenger's signing of Eduardo...especially at such a high price. I thought that they would go after someone a little more high profile like Obafemi Martins. No one can directly replace a player of Henry's calibre but Eduardo does look to have plenty of skill and finishing ability so he may prove to be a very useful signing indeed. @ Hectic- I'm not sure that he will be able to outscore Torres though. In any case, Rooney will outscore the both of them :p

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I wouldn't be surprised if Eduardo outscores Torres to be honest. He's clearly not an out and out goal scorer, more a striker equipped with an all round set of skills. I think, particularly earlier on, what we'll get out of him will be the key to opening tightly packed defences rather than an avalanche of goals. I think he'll adapt well to the English game though, he's quick, strong and hard working, all good traits to have in the Premiership. I think the most exciting thing about this signing is that for the first time since the golden days of Fowler-Collymore and to a lesser extent Owen we'll have a quick, technical and especially intelligent striker up front.. which as Rafa loves to say, will give us many possibilities. In particular I hope, and think, that it will mean a more expansive game from us, particularly if we get Mancini or Simao. 5 mins till the press conference to confirm his signing.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Torres eh, I'll look forward to Vidic owning him again, just like he did during the World Cup qualifiers.

A lot might be expected of Da Silva, but I still believe the main source of goals for Arsenal will come from Van Persie. This guy is the real deal and he would need to carry the team in terms of scoring goals.

Gee I hope Richardson leaves us soon, it seems there are a few clubs fighting for him, which is good, so we can get more money out of him. Silvestre needs to go too, we need a spot for Pique.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)