The Official Football Thread 2007/08 (1 Viewer)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Yeah, probably the right time for this. Community Shield a week away.

-Arsenal-PSG & Inter-Valencia tonight
-Arsenal-Inter, PSG-Valencia tomorrow
-Amsterdam tournie next week

Should be good. No predictions for the season from me, I still think Chelsea are favourites but every team has a few question marks over current players and new signings so it's too hard to predict.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Watched United's final tour match, and was impressed by Lee Martin. This guy has certain similarities to Ronaldo. He scored a cracking 3rd goal too. Nani played quite well too. Competition for the wing positions will be fierce this season.

I'm really disappointed with the way Heinze has behaved. It seems he wants to do everything he can to join the Scousers. Fucking disgusting. Whether it's his agents or his own will, it's just not right. I hope Fergie can get him straight, because if he goes to Liverpool, I will never forgive him, no matter how good a player is.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
I'm really disappointed with the way Heinze has behaved. It seems he wants to do everything he can to join the Scousers. Fucking disgusting.
I agree. Heinze is an awesome player but I can't believe how disloyal he is being. Yes, Evra pretty much replaced Heinze as first choice left back last season but he has more than enough talent to stay and fight for his place. I would be cut to see him leave for any team but he will certainly not be forgiven if he leaves for Liverpool. In any case I just want this and the Tevez affair to be sorted out before the start of the new season.

As for predictions for the upcoming season...I'll predict that Man United will win the title again this season. We have bought well over the summer and should be even stronger. I see Chelsea as the biggest threat but Liverpool should also put up a decent fight for the title. As for Arsenal...i'm not sure. They have plenty of young, talented players but I don't think that they will finish in the top 3. Tottenham will push Arsenal all the way for a spot in the top 4 and I also expect to see considerable improvement from Newcastle and West Ham.

Chelsea FC

HSC
N/A
CHELSEA AND MAN UTD HEAD TO HEAD THIS YEAR

THE OTHERS HAVE NO HOPE

LIVERPOOL ARE RUBBISH - THEY ONLY WIN GAMES BY FLUKES AND FRANKLY THEY LOSE GAMES WHEN THEY SUPPOSE TO WIN AND VICE VERSA.

THE DAYS OF LIVERPOOL CHALLENGING FOR THE ENGLISH TITLE IS OVER. 17YRS *cough* *cough*

ARSENAL - oh dear....:rofl:

CHELSEA ALL DA WAY !!! - THIS SEASON WINNING THE PREMIERSHIP WILL BE MORE IMPORTANT THAN TRYING TO WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.

dutchie07

HSC
N/A
Chelsea is the strongest team as they have improved their team greatly with a higher number of quality players in their side necessary to compete in several competitions. Man-U's new signing Nani has dissapointed (practically invisible) during the Euro under-21(which holland won AGAIN!!) Furthermore players such as scholes and Giggs which played great last season are getting older. Liverpool has strengthened their front line greatly where Arsenal again has lost an important player.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Apart from Malouda who are these high quality players Chelsea have bought. Rafa has spunked a fuckload on players who are either erratic or mediocre, so i'd describe their business as pretty meh so far. Hargreaves and Tevez will be good, Nani and Anderson are unknown quantities.

For all this talk of Arsenal being left behind, I can't see how the others have necessarily pulled themselves that far ahead. Window is open for another month so plenty of time for us to strengthen.

dutchie07

HSC
N/A
Yes I suppose ultimately you are correct HeCtic. Being from a European background I come from a country that whilst some players excel, most (namely those wooo are between 17 and 21 or are pensioners such as myself) know little of the sport and you should see us take dives --- world class stuff

GO ARSENAL

BOOO teams from the Netherlands

GO AUSTRALIA!!

Last edited:

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
lads, havnt posted in a while, relaxing holidays u see.

this season looks like a great one, im hoping for a top 4 fight that lasts longer than october, with all teams buying players it will be interesting to see how they all do. united got a great dm with owen and will hopefully sign tevez soon which i am very excited about, and nani has done fantastic preseason (high hopes for him) and shall see how anderson adapts. i expect a good season with a strong defence of the epl and hopefully a cup win.

pool, have done well with their signings, babel, torres (who i wanted at united) should make for an interesting side.

chelski have surprised me with no real huge signings except for malouda, pizzaro is the only one of note. i rekon they will struggle during jan with the african cup on, as will arsenal. im not to sure how they will do, yes ballack and sheva have 1 season under their belts, but the combination didnt work last season.

gunners, lost henry, got eduardo and sagna. it will be interesting how they do, rvp is the main player up front and cesc in the middle. no injuries and arsenal can push for the title, but if rvp, cesc or toure get injured the team may just collapse. the afc will affect them too.

all in all its an exciting season thats coming up, im going for a great season by united hopefuly we continue the attacking style of last. im really tipping rooney to shine,finally has a good solid preseason and i rekon he will be firing.

Raginsheep

HSC
Reyes sold. I'm happy. Somewhat ironically to Atletico rather than to the club he won the league for. He could've been great at Arsenal if he had some balls and some brains.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
I agree. Heinze is an awesome player but I can't believe how disloyal he is being. Yes, Evra pretty much replaced Heinze as first choice left back last season but he has more than enough talent to stay and fight for his place. I would be cut to see him leave for any team but he will certainly not be forgiven if he leaves for Liverpool. In any case I just want this and the Tevez affair to be sorted out before the start of the new season.
It's hard enough for us fans when a player whinges to leave the club, but what makes this worse is that he's whingeing to join LIVERPOOL. Now that's just too much. Fergie needs to straighten him out, badly.

I love Gaby, still more so than Evra, since he was the one who fucked up against Kaka and let him scored that second goal at OT. But still, no player should show such disloyalty and piss the fans off like that. I really hope he decides to stay, just to help ease our nerves.

The thing about Tevez is that the court case is between MSI and West Ham, and United have nothing to do with it. Once they have sorted their stuff out, it'll be all clear for Carlitos to join. Can't wait.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
don't court cases normally drag out heaps long. =/.

inter vs man utd tomorrow. shall be interesting.

i don't see nani as the next 'c ronaldo' ... frankly. he hasn't impressed me much... (like all i've seen is him taking it. running . stopping and passing it back). nothing too spectacular. solid i guess.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Noooooooo!!! Why let Rossi go!!! I want him in the team damn it! Noooooooo! :(

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
lmf, im sad to see him go, but he really wanted first team footy and he wont develop unless he did. check on manutd.com, theres a clause that says we can buy him back if we desire, fergie put that in there. to be honest if, when, we get tevez it wouldve been to similar in rooney,tevez and rossi in regards to height, play etc. i think its good he is going for his development, but im a bit worried about letting him and smith go. shouldve kept one of them as saha wont go all season, ole cant play 30mins, and rooney or tevez could get injured. still very optimistic this season.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Led-Zep said:
shouldve kept one of them as saha wont go all season, ole cant play 30mins, and rooney or tevez could get injured. still very optimistic this season.
Nice too see a more optimistic Led-Zep this time around. Makes for a nice change. I, too am cut that Rossi is leaving. I agree that Smith is probably at a stage in his career where he needs first team football but we should be holding onto such a young talent like Rossi. Man Utd lost 3-2 to Inter in the friendly overnight.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
United snare nine-year-old Aussie

Manchester United scouts have hailed a nine-year-old Australian boy who recently signed with the English Premier League club as the next Wayne Rooney or Cristiano Ronaldo.

One of the world's most famous soccer clubs invited Rhain Davis to join their academy after the youngster's grandfather sent them DVD footage of him playing for an under-10s team in Brisbane.

"This lad has simply phenomenal talent," an unnamed source told The Sun newspaper in Britain.

"The scouts who watched him play for just a few minutes said he could be a new Rooney or Ronaldo.

"He has created a huge buzz and people are raving about him all over the world."

Nearly three million people had watched the young midfielder's skills on internet site YouTube, the paper said.

Rhain, who holds a British passport, moved to Cheshire, near the youth academy at United's Carrington training base, with his father Mark last month.

They will soon be joined by the boy's siblings Emerson and Reeve and mother Leah, who recently told Brisbane's Courier Mail the prodigy "won't be back".

Rhain is the talk of Britain, with Sky News picking up the story and running the footage of him in action on their breakfast bulletins.

He told the Courier Mail last month he had enjoyed meeting a lot of Manchester United stars, like Rooney.

"Being here has been brilliant," he was quoted as saying.

The United academy starts at under-9s, with the club deciding by the under-12 stage whether to offer players a full-time scholarship.

The only problem is if he does end up as good as Roone or Ronaldo he'll probably play for England haing spent most of his life there :(

Raginsheep

HSC
Better play for Australia.

But my bet is he'll get caught up in it all and end up a washed up 17yr old ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)