The Official Football Thread 2007/08 (1 Viewer)

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Raginsheep said:
Better play for Australia.

But my bet is he'll get caught up in it all and end up a washed up 17yr old ;)
maybe, but he does have some amazing talent. If he ends up being a bust he can always move back to Australia and be the Roars marquee player :p

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Setanta Sports is coming to Fox in September. Their lineup includes:

Euro 2008 Qualifiers
Scottish Premier League
Scottish League Cup
Scottish FA Cup
Bundesliga
Portuguese Liga
Serie A
Setanta Cup
UEFA Cup
Rangers TV
Celtic TV
MUTV
Chelsea TV

Also on the verge of adding Ligue 1 next season.

OMFG.................

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Gilbert1 said:
United snare nine-year-old Aussie

The only problem is if he does end up as good as Roone or Ronaldo he'll probably play for England haing spent most of his life there :(
Valencia signed a 15yo Aussie kid during the week as well. 9 is ridiculous, you have no idea how he'll develop before he's ready to make his high school team. Stupid hype.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Valencia signed a 15yo Aussie kid during the week as well. 9 is ridiculous, you have no idea how he'll develop before he's ready to make his high school team. Stupid hype.
Yes, it's just news. Whether he becomes good or not will still have to wait like 10years, and nobody will remain interested til then. I heard this news a while ago and it's nothing exciting. The talented kids all look amazing in videos because they play against ordinary kids. Once he ages, the difference in the ability gap will reduce.

Of course, I hope he becomes a legend not just for the sake of United, but for Australia too.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
hectic,

u telling me fox sports is gettin rights for all of that? holy shit if thats right, where will it be broadcast, on fox sports 3? or are they having a new channel exclusively? linky

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
so basically this is going to be a new channel on either foxtel or austar? or is it a whole new pay tv setup that is required. i went on www.setanta.com.au, and its seperate from fox sports. so how would u get this at home? u said its coming to fox sports in september, why no news on austar or foxtel...i may track this stuff down, with the amount of footy far out!

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
I emailed Setanta and:

A reply from Setanta

Hello HeCtic,

Yes - we are anticipating a launch with Foxtel/Austar in late September but right now, there is no agreed official launch date between Foxtel and Setanta as yet.

Thus I would recommend holding out a bit longer as we will be making an official announcement in the coming weeks.

Yours in Sport

Setanta Sports Australia
10/50 Stanley St
Darlinghurst NSW 2010
T// 1300 SETANTA (738268)
F// +61 2 9357 5211
E// setantaoz@setanta.com
W// www.setanta.com.au

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Alan Smith has joined Newcastle. It seems odd that a player looking for first team football would join a club which already boasts strikers like Owen, Martins and Viduka but I have no doubt that he has the ability to make a positive impact for his new club. He didn't have the best of times at United but when he did play his level of effort and commitment could not be questioned. Best of luck Smudge!

Also...Carlos Tevez has been given the all-clear to join United after West Ham confirmed that they have reached a settlement with the player's representatives. I'm just relieved that the saga is finally over. He is a supremely talented player and I have high hopes that he will forge an awesome partnership upfront with Rooney.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
im guessing sir alex believes in his younger strikers to step up IF he needed them. there's eagles and DONG. as well as solskjaer and saha. i personally don't rate dong. i think he's there just to make the asian fans happy or something. and i think if rooney or tevez gets injured, anderson can probably slot in and they could use a 4-4-1-1 formation.

with all the midfielders we have though, we can use a 0-10-0 formation and still win. :p still sad to see them go.. hope we got good money for smith. at 26, he's probably peaking sooner or later. :p and i really hope we do get rossi back. if there indeed is a clause.. it'd be good if we got him for the same price..if they didn't pay much for him that is.

Last edited:

mat2154

HSC
smith and rossi probably had to go if he wanted to play more first team football, but that leaves us short of backup. leeds are pretty screwed they have to start with a 15 pt deduction. on heinze if he doesn't understand the rivalry between liverpool and man utd, if he stays he won't play well cause hes got a lot of stuff on his mind, if he leaves he will be booed more than ronaldo

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
What the fuck are Newcastle doing with so many forwards? Granted Owen is seriously injury prone, but why pay the cunt 120k per week. Allardyce may make them a more durable team, but they are still brittle at the back I don't understand the need for so many strikers. They won't go anywhere near the Champions League places.

Heinze's move is pretty meh in the grand scheme of things, players move to rivals all the time in Italy and Spain and now England is catching up. He's behaving nowhere near as horribly as Cuntley and Gallas were last season anyway. Evra's probably usurped him for his spot anyway. Best move would be to sell the mercenary cunt and get on with the season.

CL- Draw see us get Sparta Prague, Scouse Cunts get Toulouse and Celtic hilariously getting an in season Spartak Moscow. From all accounts Sparta have been rubbish for a while now so we should go through without too many issues.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Heinze's move is pretty meh in the grand scheme of things, players move to rivals all the time in Italy and Spain and now England is catching up. He's behaving nowhere near as horribly as Cuntley and Gallas were last season anyway. Evra's probably usurped him for his spot anyway. Best move would be to sell the mercenary cunt and get on with the season.
Because Heinze hasn't come out and said anything publicly yet, that's why we still think he would stay with us. Manchester United does not deal with Liverpool, and that's that. They can sell Gerrard to Chelsea, but they won't sell him to us. Same thing here, but the stance from us is more firm as we won't even do business with the big clubs in England. I don't care if we get rid of him to foreign clubs, but Liverpool is just out of the question.

Our season is set, Tevez is arriving. I can't wait. Hope the Community Shield is a good game, I don't care if we don't win it. Usually the winner of the Community Shield don't end up pretty by the end of the season.

And WTF, Bresciano to Shitey? It's not good news to see a good Aussie there. Tiatto was one of the Aussie players I hated when he played there, but in general he's a cunt anyway.

Last edited:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Selling Heinze to Pool isn't going to really weaken you or significantly strengthen them either. If he's acting the cunt I'd just let him go, the joke would be on the Scousers anyway.

I can so see tonight's game being a replay of the last two snoozefests you put on against each other. It's just good to see some proper football after this ridiculously long break.

Also has anyone seen this . All Cuntski's africans mocking little Lassana. Poor bloke, no wonder he wants to go.

Last edited:

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
frigging. community shield. 1-1 at half time.

it was so clear that the chelsea defender had pushed rooney onto the floor. i mean yes, he didn't have to land on cech, but i don't really think that should've been a yellow...

:) think man utd will still win...

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
result is meaningless, only things to take away from the game is sharpness, they all seem pretty sharp with the passes and tackles especially, uniteds defence looks a little shaky at times but that should be fine with neville coming back soon hopefully. speed of the game has surprised me its at a very good pace from both teams, which shows they are ready for next week. and as long as no injuries then we could lose 10-0 and it be good. would love to see nani given a run out, hoping that happens soon!

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
haha. wow. nani did get a run..

and well. you're sorta right. as long as no one gets injured.. but its always good to beat these chelskissss.

how awesome was van der sar.. although i must admit the shots weren't that great.. too centred i suppose.. (that being said i wouldn't have saved it.)

but i think chelsea look like they're out of puff. they were feigning heaps of injuries.. probably tired and needed a breather.

i hope we're as strong in penalties as we were today... bodes well in case we take another one in future.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
How good is Fox going to be?

EPL viewers to choose which match they want to watch
FOX Sports is allowing EPL viewers to be able to choose which match they want to watch, which will mean the choice of 4 or 5 matches when the competition commences this weekend, Knowfirst has been told.
I've been informed this afternoon that the interactive team is working towards this weekend for the first launch of the 4 way selection.

It will be the same interactive application as the Viewers Choice, but reskinned for 4-way game selection.

Unless there are some last minute issues with getting feeds from UK, then it's Knowfirst's understanding that this will be ready to roll (with no local integration) from this weekend.

Therefore, GREAT news for Spurs fans like myself.... now if we could only win a few games.......
Holy fuck....

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HeCtic said:
Also has anyone seen this . All Cuntski's africans mocking little Lassana. Poor bloke, no wonder he wants to go.
That's a very gay video, but I'm sure there was no malice in it. But nevertheless, GAY.

I'm happy with the penalty win, it sets our season off. Hopefully we can defy recent history and go on to win more trophies after winning the Community Shield. Can't wait for the proper start.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
matt#1 said:
Alan Smith has joined Newcastle. It seems odd that a player looking for first team football would join a club which already boasts strikers like Owen, Martins and Viduka but I have no doubt that he has the ability to make a positive impact for his new club. He didn't have the best of times at United but when he did play his level of effort and commitment could not be questioned. Best of luck Smudge!

Also...Carlos Tevez has been given the all-clear to join United after West Ham confirmed that they have reached a settlement with the player's representatives. I'm just relieved that the saga is finally over. He is a supremely talented player and I have high hopes that he will forge an awesome partnership upfront with Rooney.
Alan Smith will be used as an attacking midfielder for Newcastle. They'll mostly play a 4-4-3, with Owens and Martins running behind Viduka/Carroll/Amoebi. If Owens/Martins is subbed, Smith will move up and the midfield will be reshuffled.

And what about Newcastle, it's been transfer central. They announced 4 signings in one day, have landed Geremi, Viduka, Barton, Jose, Rozehnal, Smith and maybe Drago all in quick time. We finally look to have a defence, we have one of the best strike forces in the premiership (Owen, Martins, Amoebi, Viduka, Carrol, Smith) and if we possibly land another midfielder (assuming Dyer moves to West Ham/Portsmouth despite the current debacles) and another quality defender then we'll definitely be challenging for Europe this year.

What a fresh start, Allardyce in charge, no more Freddy Sheppard, some quality well thought out and bought players, a new owner and a huge breath of fresh air.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)