The Official Football Thread 2007/08 (1 Viewer)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE!!!!!

Oh I love it, what a welcomed twist to yet another boring Liverpool/Chelsea encounter. Absolutely brilliant stuff. Riise is god. Hahahahaha.

Oh and thanks to him I won my bet. Now I'm $300 richer. Thank you Mr. Riise! :D

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Nasonex said:
A fantastic substitution from Benitez there, I could tell Riise was going to score as soon as he came on the pitch. And didn't he finish with aplomb? No one can deny that Liverpool thoroughly deserved that second goal. Well done, and let's hope for more of the same in the second leg.
You really like to rub it in, don't you T_T ?

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Ronaldo misses penalty vs Barca.

Nice stuff Ronnie. He must of been feeling sorry for Riise.

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Chelsea 2 Manchester United 1, title is well and truly on now...

If Man U lose, it will go down as one of the biggest chokes in English football history

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Nasonex said:
Chelsea 2 Manchester United 1, title is well and truly on now...

If Man U lose, it will go down as one of the biggest chokes in English football history
Yup it would be, at least I'd feel that way.

Well it wasn't a good game to watch to be honest. Chelsea weren't that impressive, and we reverted back to defensive tactics again, which just doesn't work for us. We saw it against Barca, and we saw it against Chelsea. Anderson coming off was the turning point. Had he stayed on, we would've scored another, but we changed our approach and allowed Chelsea to get a lucky break. It was a dodgy penalty, but being at their own home, I can cop that.

Anyway it's disappointing to lose the game, but at least we're still on top of the league. Chelsea's next game is against Newcastle at St James'. That'll be a tough one. So I'll be hoping the Geordies to do us a favour, just for once.

If we lose against West Ham again, then we don't deserve the title. Champions should never lose 2 games in a row. If Chelsea win the league, Avram Grant will be installed as the long term manager. How exciting.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Ballack what a player.

Quite sure it was a handball too.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
blakegman said:
Ballack what a player.

Quite sure it was a handball too.
Ballack is a kunt. Good player, but a kunt nevertheless. That incident with Drogba pretty much shows it, but it was funny nevertheless.

Yeah the ball hit the hand, but it wasn't a penalty. What should've been a penalty was when Ballack was holding onto Ronaldo in the penalty box. But shit happens, and I'm not gonna whinge about that.

I'm still pretty sure we'll win it. Fergie knows it too, that's why he played that team, so we could be more prepared for Barca. Anyway, the title will go down to the wire, but we will come out on top at the end.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Well it wasn't a good game to watch to be honest.
Do you ever think any game is 'a good game to watch'? Reminds me of SBS commentators.. Just cause it wasn't a 4-3 result doesn't mean it wasn't an exciting match.

LMF^^ said:
Chelsea's next game is against Newcastle at St James'. That'll be a tough one. So I'll be hoping the Geordies to do us a favour, just for once.
You gotta be kidding me, Newcastle are rubbish. Played rubbish all season, still playing rubbish.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
seano77 said:
Do you ever think any game is 'a good game to watch'? Reminds me of SBS commentators.. Just cause it wasn't a 4-3 result doesn't mean it wasn't an exciting match.
Was it an exciting game? Well it wasn't really for me, even though there was quite a bit at stake. Just like the game midweek against Barca, that was piss poor from us. This reminds me of a few seasons ago when we tried to play the 4-3-3, absolutely atrocious.

You gotta be kidding me, Newcastle are rubbish. Played rubbish all season, still playing rubbish.
They've been a decent form recently. Not like Chelsea have been setting the football world alight anyway. They've been rubbish this season too. But somehow they manage to get points to keep challenging for the league. Still 2 games to go, still ours to lose. I'm not worried one bit.

seano77 said:
Somewhat contradictory.
The ball hitting the hand doesn't necessarily mean a penalty or a freekick, unless it prevents the ball from hitting the net or is a deliberate act, or miscontrol. Carrick's arm was low down, it wasn't raised. The ball wasn't going near any Chelsea player, but the linesman gave a penalty. It must be Roman's money doing the tricks again.

As for the Scousers, I still hope you guys lose to Chelsea in the second leg. We'll beat Barca, and have our revenge over Chelsea in Moscow. :)

4unitfreak

HSC
Man Jew will win it. There is no way they could possibly fuck it up.
I know. Sucks balls, doesn't it? Red devils; scum of the earth; disgusting.
Man City were holding up such a good fight earlier on in the season, but it's just going downhill... pulls on the heartstrings, it does. :uhoh:

seano77

Walk On
HSC
LMF^^ said:
Not like Chelsea have been setting the football world alight anyway. They've been rubbish this season too. But somehow they manage to get points to keep challenging for the league. Still 2 games to go, still ours to lose. I'm not worried one bit.
I agree, Chelsea haven't done much this season I don't know how they are still in with a chance to be honest.

LMF^^ said:
The ball hitting the hand doesn't necessarily mean a penalty or a freekick, unless it prevents the ball from hitting the net or is a deliberate act, or miscontrol. Carrick's arm was low down, it wasn't raised. The ball wasn't going near any Chelsea player, but the linesman gave a penalty. I
But how is it possible to get inside Carrick's mind to see whether it was 'intentional'? The ball was going in for a cross and by the ball hitting Carrick's arm, Man Utd gained an advantage as the cross was stopped. I think Carrick was far enough from the cross to pull his arm out of the way. Also, it doesn't matter where the ball is going. Whether its going in the net, to attackers or in the stands a handball is a foul.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
100% guarantee that if the teams and the desicison were reversed that Ferguson would be in an uproar that the penalty wasn't given. Pretty much all football managers and fans are hyprocrites, but Ferguson takes it to such an absurd level.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
They've been a decent form recently. Not like Chelsea have been setting the football world alight anyway. They've been rubbish this season too. But somehow they manage to get points to keep challenging for the league. Still 2 games to go, still ours to lose. I'm not worried one bit.
Chelsea have the same amount of points as Man u. In fact Man u have lost more games this season then chelsea. YOu sound like Craig foster when he wanks over arsenal style football. I don;t think it's fair to discount a teams form based on attractiveness, at the end of the day, they have as many points as manure.

Granted, it would have to be a major fuck up for Man Utd to lose it from here, with Chelsea having to beat Newcastle and Arsenal(?) and Man Utd having west ham and wigan

Also ill echo bazooka, ferguson is a hypocritcal cunt

blakegman

HSC
N/A
That's not so bad. Bolton should be fine, Newcastle at St.James will be tough
on newcastles current form.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
blakegman said:
Chelsea have the same amount of points as Man u. In fact Man u have lost more games this season then chelsea. YOu sound like Craig foster when he wanks over arsenal style football. I don;t think it's fair to discount a teams form based on attractiveness, at the end of the day, they have as many points as manure.

Granted, it would have to be a major fuck up for Man Utd to lose it from here, with Chelsea having to beat Newcastle and Arsenal(?) and Man Utd having west ham and wigan

Also ill echo bazooka, ferguson is a hypocritcal cunt
Well yeah, Man United are not Chelsea. We're not a club to play defensive football. We live by Sir Matt Busby's legacy, our fans demand attacking football, and that is the difference. That is why Sir Alex copped quite a bit of criticism over the last 2 games for his team selection and tactical approach to the matches. I am for one against that as well, it's not how we play. Chelsea fans have gotten used to boring football over the years so I won't blame them for embracing such styles. Oh and wasn't Grant suppose to make Chelsea play attractive football anyway?

Should Wigan secure Premier League status next week, they'll bend over for us on the final week. No worries that's for sure.

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
At the end of the day, it is about the results that counts, no matter how unattractive you play.

Take a look at Arsenal at the beggining of the season, with their so called "beautiful football". but look where they are now? No one will remember Arsenal for playing attacking football, they will only remember them for their results

Italy is also another example. They employ 'catanaccio' and results show they are 4x World Champions

AC Milan 7x European Champions

England 1 World cup, and nothing but utter failure, along with their promise of 'attacking football'

To conclude, no matter how badly you RESULTS matter, no one is going to remember how great you played.

They will only remember whether you won, drew or lost.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
. Oh and wasn't Grant suppose to make Chelsea play attractive football anyway?

Should Wigan secure Premier League status next week, they'll bend over for us on the final week. No worries that's for sure.
I think Grant has done what he can with his limited skills and lack of perperation. All things considered his results have been good. WIth such a large squad it would be tough to find the right personnel and give everyone a decent go.

Wigan are unbeaten at home in a fair while arent they ? or is it at old trafford.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)