The Official Football Thread 2007/08 (1 Viewer)

jannny

HSC
Re: Man utd + UEFA cup

goo celtic :D

curl bends or whateva you call it are so entertaining to watch

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
aMUSEd1977 said:
DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE IN THIS THREAD!

tigerian DOES NOT APPROVE.
Do not go around internet pretending to be king shit.

Anyway regarding Leverkusen in 2002, they were up against Madrid in the final, which of course had Zidane in his peak, so I wouldn't say they were favourites. However they did crumble at the end of the season, and came 2nd in all those competitions. They did lead the league for quite a while, but Dortmund ultimately beat them to it. It would've been an unbelievable story had they won the treble though, with such a small squad.

Maybe Ballack can use that experience to help the team? It could also be on the back of his mind, just like how Cuper never got to taste much success wherever he was coaching.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Hopefully Ballack and Drogba don't have a punch up on the field.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Nasonex said:
Chelsea were the moral winners

Chelsea vs Manchester United is the moral final, The 2 best English or European teams to fight it out for European glory, cannot wait...
What the hell are you talking about? Moral? If you call a team that dives all over the place excessively moral, then thats a distorted interpretation of that word.

walrusbear said:
at least chelsea get results
Liverpool are the most successful team in England. Ever. 18 League titles and 5 European Cups. So I would argue that since Chelsea have only won about 3 leagues and no Euro's, then its liverpool that actually get the results. But thats just me.

aMUSEd1977 said:
DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE IN THIS THREAD!
Why? Champions League is football, no? And this is the official football thread.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Oh get off your fucking high horse, Gerrard dives constantly in important games even though he's one of the players who most advocates more discipline against divers

blakegman

HSC
N/A
seano77 said:
What the hell are you talking about? Moral? If you call a team that dives all over the place excessively moral, then thats a distorted interpretation of that word.

Liverpool are the most successful team in England. Ever. 18 League titles and 5 European Cups. So I would argue that since Chelsea have only won about 3 leagues and no Euro's, then its liverpool that actually get the results. But thats just me.

Why? Champions League is football, no? And this is the official football thread.
You're fucked. Chelsea divers ? no more then any other team, and probably less then fucking liverpool.

'chelsea get results' was obviously referring to this season you idiot, not the last 100 fucking years.

I'm beginning to realise that fucking scousers are far worse then mancs. At least mancs know what they are talking about.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A

WIGAN!!! Now that they're safe from relegation I'm sure they'll bend over for us now.

CAMPIONE!!!

Well before that hopefully we can get some help from the Toon Army. Won't that be great.

Seems like Flamini has signed for Milan. That's a blow to Arsenal, he's been great for them this season.

blakegman

HSC
N/A

Wigan have only lost at home 5 times this year.

Prefer Man utd to be playing them then any other bottom half team.

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A

LMF^^ said:
Seems like Flamini has signed for Milan. That's a blow to Arsenal, he's been great for them this season.
He has one good season and when he finally has a definite place in the first team he decides to f*** off.

AC Milan's season hasn't been too hot either, derby win notwithstanding.

Yung Capone

Banned
HSC

gouge.away said:
He has one good season and when he finally has a definite place in the first team he decides to f*** off.

Luv u

blakegman

HSC
N/A

gouge.away said:

Why play for the gunners if you can play for AC Milan, better chance at trophy imo. Plus wenger is a tight cunt so he prob wasnt on huge money. And arsenal is full of wanker players.

Imagine having to hang out with Adebayor or Bendtner

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A

blakegman said:
Why play for the gunners if you can play for AC Milan, better chance at trophy imo. Plus wenger is a tight cunt so he prob wasnt on huge money. And arsenal is full of wanker players.

Flamini was one of my favourites, so I'm entitled to be pissed off.

Arsenal knocked AC Milan out of the Champions League in a rather nice fashion, if I do remember correctly. And Milan are 4th in Serie A and Arsenal are 3rd in PL. So trophy chances are pretty even either way. As for money, Sagna and Eduardo weren't exactly big money when they came in, but before injury they were fucking awesome and Flamini was a free transfer. And every team has its share of fucktards. I'd hang out with Ade or Bendtner rather than Drogba or C.Ronaldo.

So who do you support? It's only fair for you to rip on my team if I can rip on yours.

Last edited:

Yung Capone

Banned
HSC

blakegman said:

Im a gunner myself and we do need players. rite now wenger is thinking of signing Hatem Ben Arfa but wtf is it with him and getting inexperienced young players. Jst 3-4 years ago we had players like Viera, Henry, Lauren, Campbell, Pires, Cole, Ljunberg, Bergkamp etc but atm there is no1 who can lead the team effectively. As for Wenger being a tite-ass is an overstatement considering the amount of money hes paid for players over the years. He bought Sylvain Wiltord for 12.8 Million, a player whos contract only extended over 2 years. We got quality players but unlike other teams we lack on-field leadership. Adebayor is good, but he has got to be one of the most inconsistent players in the premiership atm. We need him to be performing every match week in week out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)