The Official Football Thread 2007/08 (1 Viewer)

Charizard

HSC
Bainesy said:
Ronaldo is an idiot. Man U are stupid if they keep him. He doesnt want to play for manu anymore and is injured and had just come of a great season, one that he will never top. his price will only go down. and why keep a player that has 0 loyalty?

same reason why Ade and Hleb from arsenal should be sold ASAP

And Chelsea are crap too. What kind of club is that anyway? dumb*** at the top of the chain who can buy anyplayer he wants too but what is the result? crapness.
"You mean 2 league titles, 1 FA cup and 2 league cups" -charizard
to win the league cup with bags of money on hand is a joke. just look at the kind of clubs that have made it to the final in the past. 3 titles worth the millions that have been spent? i dont think so. Manu did better than Chel last season and who did they buy? barely anyone.

stop defending theses two laughable teams. (Inter and Real Madrid are the other 2 but lets not go there now ;))

Pick a better club and start again. How about Hull eh?

Are you a fucking idiot ?

You think buying Nani, Hargreaves, Anderson and Tevez doesn't constitute buying players. That's like 50 million pounds worth at least.

Last season Man utd spent more then Chelsea in the transfer window.

Idiot. You've also discounted the fact that chelsea where one penalty away from a champions league trophy, after getting to the semi finals 2 years in a row before it. Pretty successful if you ask me.

Last edited:

u-borat

Banned
HSC
Charizard said:
Better then Leeds.

I bet your a Man Utd supporter.

Man Utd can also be used interchangeably with bandwagon supporter.

Nobody respects you either.
i swear you've asked me this before, and as i told you, im a liverpool fan.

and lol@ previous poster. . nani, anderson and gargreaves was 50 million, tevez is another 20+ when his loan deal finishes.

btw, liverpool preseason games starting in 10 minutes. pumped!

word on the road barry to liverpool finally done; 15 million pounds+finnan.
this poster is not happy.

Last edited:

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Charizard said:
You've also discounted the fact that chelsea where one penalty away from a champions league trophy, after getting to the semi finals 2 years in a row before it. Pretty successful if you ask me.
But not successful enough for Mr Abramovich. Hence the reason why Avram Grant was sacked.

Yes, we spent more money on transfers last season than Chelsea did. But so what, modern football is all about that nowadays, especially with the amount of money the Premier League clubs are getting with this new TV deal they have. Every club made big purchases. Man City paid 20million pounds for Jo, how inflated can this get? With all the filthy rich owners of football clubs nowadays there's really no regard for economics, there's just glory hunting.

With the Ronaldo issue, he shouldn't play for us any more unless he comes out and asks for forgiveness. Otherwise it's better for all of us to just sell him and use the sizeable amount of funds to invest in other players. There's no point taking sides with Blatter, that man has no clue anyway and this will only make him look even more like a bitch.

Bainesy

HSC
no one remembers people that get to the semis Charizard. When was the last time you heard

"And here we have a great team. Won the league in 98, FA cup in 95, 99 and 01 and Yes they made it to the UCL semis. Thats right. the semis." semis is no achievement, and tbh, some pretty average teams have made it pretty close. I mean, Fenerbahçe came close to knocking out chelsea in the 1/4s."

chelsea: anelka, alex, belletti, ben haim, malouda, pizarro
manu: anderson, nani, hargreaves, tevez

i think you can clearly see the difference. chelsea have bought a number of very well known and experienced players while anderson and nani were unknown to anyone outside of portugal. and really, tevez is the only really good buy. hargreaves is a bit iffy, nani and anderson are ok but still young.

cmon charizard! think!

u-borat

Banned
HSC
hey gimp, the fact is YOU OUTSPENT CHELSEA LAST SUMMER SIGNIFICANTLY.

oh, and you can add ivanovic to the chelsea list for 9 million pounds.

who you ask?

rotting in the reserves. lmao.

Charizard

HSC
Bainesy said:
no one remembers people that get to the semis Charizard. When was the last time you heard

"And here we have a great team. Won the league in 98, FA cup in 95, 99 and 01 and Yes they made it to the UCL semis. Thats right. the semis." semis is no achievement, and tbh, some pretty average teams have made it pretty close. I mean, Fenerbahçe came close to knocking out chelsea in the 1/4s."

chelsea: anelka, alex, belletti, ben haim, malouda, pizarro
manu: anderson, nani, hargreaves, tevez

i think you can clearly see the difference. chelsea have bought a number of very well known and experienced players while anderson and nani were unknown to anyone outside of portugal. and really, tevez is the only really good buy. hargreaves is a bit iffy, nani and anderson are ok but still young.

cmon charizard! think!
Alex was not a signing dude. We have owned him for like the past 3 years. Ben haim was a free agent, as was pizzaro. When you add anelka, malouda and belletti its probably 25 million pounds spent. Hargreaves alone cost something like 15 million. Nani and Anderson were als internationals playing ta sporting lisbon, hardly unknown hence te huge transfer fee.

Unknown players dont cost 15 million or whatever it was.

Charizard

HSC
u-borat said:
hey gimp, the fact is YOU OUTSPENT CHELSEA LAST SUMMER SIGNIFICANTLY.

oh, and you can add ivanovic to the chelsea list for 9 million pounds.

who you ask?

rotting in the reserves. lmao.
Ivanavic wasn't fit last season or something apparantly. He's playing at the olympics coming up and is expected to challenge for a spot this season. The media also reported that juventus wanted to sign ivanovic from us for more then we payed, so he cant be too shit.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
i was semi-joking, and juventus aren't the best in the transfer market...i mean...10 million pounds for momo sissoko? i rest my case.

big news, sergio aguero reveals that a big english club has made an offer for him and that he's kinda interested...and said it wasn't chelsea. xD

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
u-borat said:
big news, sergio aguero reveals that a big english club has made an offer for him and that he's kinda interested...and said it wasn't chelsea. xD
So it's one of Liverpool, Arsenal or United?

And here we go again, all the press are linking it to us more than anyone else because we've got money to spend every season.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Heard you offered 20 million for Berbatov. Would be a good signing for man utd tbh. Think he would do well there.

Dont really see why you guys are always linked to benzema, seems to play much like rooney to me.

Berbatov reminds me of van nistlerooy

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
blakegman said:
Heard you offered 20 million for Berbatov. Would be a good signing for man utd tbh. Think he would do well there.

Dont really see why you guys are always linked to benzema, seems to play much like rooney to me.

Berbatov reminds me of van nistlerooy
Sir Alex has tracked Berbatov before he even moved to Spurs, it was him who rejected the chance to join us in the first place anyway. But it seems that Spurs are not willing to part with him for less than 30million. The Robbie Keane matter with Liverpool is also complicating matters.

Personally I'd prefer Huntelaar. I just think he'll look better in a United shirt than Berbatov (yes I'm basing this purely on aesthetics). But if either one signs for us I'll be pleased.

And the Aguero crap is pure bullshit. His agent claimed that the club expressed an interest and asked the AGENT to approach the club with an offer. I don't think a BIG CLUB would deal with a player's agent before dealing with the club. This is either our strategy to gain bargaining power with Spurs or a bargaining tool for Aguero in his new contract negotiation at Atletico.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
this has nothing to do with manunited, because if fergie is retarded enough to get a THIRD STRIKER WHO PLAYS EXACTLY LIKE TEVEZ AND ROONEY, he's gone senile.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
a simple question, why does man u want to keep ronaldo when he clearly doesn't want to play for them any more? he will either just gets benched every game or deliberately play so crap he gets benched the next game. all the while man u cold have sold him for millions and buy some other players.

it doesn't make sense to me.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
they don't want to give signs that they are a selling club and not as big as real.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
wuddie said:
a simple question, why does man u want to keep ronaldo when he clearly doesn't want to play for them any more? he will either just gets benched every game or deliberately play so crap he gets benched the next game. all the while man u cold have sold him for millions and buy some other players.

I think if you break it down it comes to, If you had the best player in the world at any sport, why would you want to sell him ?

That said. imo they should have sold him weeks ago for the record fee and bought a few other players.

3 great players is usually better then 1 brilliant player. For the fee they would have got they could have probably bought Huntelaar, Sergio Ramos and silva or some other mad winger.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
wuddie said:

Because he's only 1 year into his contract which expires in 2012.

Because we're not a feeder club of Real Madrid.

Because Fergie will not let the little kunt fuck him over.

It's still not certain about whether we will sell him or not. There's still more than a month to go before the transfer window closes. We don't need the money, but it'll certainly be nice to have such a big war chest to go out and buy a few decent players.

The way that Ronaldo has conducted himself ever since that great night in Moscow has been nothing short of disgraceful. He's shown the club no respect whatsoever. He thinks that Manchester United is all about Cristiano Ronaldo. When things were going bad, the club and the fans have been behind him. Now that he's European Champion he just turns his back on us like we're nobody. He can rot in the reserves until he opts to buy-out his contract for all I care.

Either way, I'm not bothered about whether we have Ronaldo in our squad any more. If he goes, then fine. We can live without him. If he stays, then that's fine also, just as long as he performs on the pitch. Until the day he apologises for his action or until the day he pledges his allegiance to Mancunia then there's no chance in hell that he'll ever be adored by us fans like we did during the last 2 seasons.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
i can see the honour and pride side of the reasoning behind man u and ferguson. but logically, doesn't matter how good the player is, if he doesn't want to play for the team, then he will just keep playing crap and force man u to sell him because he will become a liability, rather than an asset.

i always have the belief that a player, regardless of the sport, will only be as good as he is loyal to the team. the bottom line is, ronaldo can play shithouse if he wants to, and there is nothing man u can do to make him play to his potential.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
It's in his interests to play good because who pants to pay record high wages to someone who plays rubbish every week.

And just because he wants a transfer doesn't necessarily means he will try to sabotage the team. Great players usually cant help but being great.

It's not like NRL , where a player can hide on the pitch.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
wuddie said:
i can see the honour and pride side of the reasoning behind man u and ferguson. but logically, doesn't matter how good the player is, if he doesn't want to play for the team, then he will just keep playing crap and force man u to sell him because he will become a liability, rather than an asset.

i always have the belief that a player, regardless of the sport, will only be as good as he is loyal to the team. the bottom line is, ronaldo can play shithouse if he wants to, and there is nothing man u can do to make him play to his potential.
For the record, he never said he didn't want to play for us. He just intends to join Madrid. But if that doesn't materialise this season then there's no other option for him other than play for us. I believe he will still perform relatively well given the case.

But the reality is that many people will compare his performances to those of last season, which were nothing short of remarkable, and unlikely to be matched again. He may not have such a prolific season again, and when Calderon gets the boot Madrid might actually become more sensible and woo Ronaldo any more.

Even to date, Real Madrid have not tabled an offer yet. All they've done is create tension between the club and the player. Major kunts they are.

kuytbird

HSC
utd are keeping ronaldo because hes a game winner - when they need a player to step up and score goals, or when there down and they need some inspiration they look to him.
think about how many games he won/changed single-handedly last year.
i think utd would be stupid to sell him.

rhonaldinho to AC milan...ehhhhhh i cant see him getting the form that he had when he was at his best, but its certainly not beyond him.
giovani to tottenham...saw him in the youth world cup a few years ago and he was amazing. interested to see how he goes.
Deco....interesting to see how he slides into the squad. Not a huge fan, but he is fun to watch.
Steve Sidwells finally got out from chelsea, i hope that he does well.
Arsenal have brought in both Nasri and Ramsey. I reckon that Nasri will do well. :)
Massive offer for Kaka, hope he doesnt go...
Lampard maybe to inter....i cant see him going and i think hed hate it if he did go.

early predictions, anyone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)