The Official Football Thread 2007/08 (1 Viewer)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Wow, that was the worst refereeing I've ever seen since Australia's WC game against Croatia. I never thought I'd see a player receive 2 yellows and not get sent off for a second time. And the cheating.. man.. you've gotta hand it to Mourinho. He really knows how to make his players cheat.

Gutted

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Benny_ said:
Wow, that was the worst refereeing I've ever seen since Australia's WC game against Croatia. I never thought I'd see a player receive 2 yellows and not get sent off for a second time. And the cheating.. man.. you've gotta hand it to Mourinho. He really knows how to make his players cheat.

Gutted
You talkin about the penalty? Cause that was one hell of a dodgy decision. But I did not remember anyone getting 2 yellows. Did you mix up Terry's yellow with Ben Haim?

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Nah it was Essien who got 2 yellows if i remember correctly, and i think the Ben Haim incident was a foul, but then Terry was booked for dissent after claiming the Liverpool player dived ...
Looked like the pool player ran straight into Ben Haim, thats not a foul :S

Terrible display by the ref though, disgusting, i wonder how much Roman paid for that penalty? ...

Dont even get me started on Lehmann, 2 in 2 games, could of easily lost us 4 points already, time for the peroxide aluminium to be given a chance to shine i reckon and calling Lehmann a lemon is just insulting to lemons ...

Plenty of niggle in the Rovers/Gunners game, good to see Fabregas give it to that Savage, cunt.
When the ref drops the ball between the 2 players, that was top stuff ... Arsenal played quite poorly again, Eduardo didnt really do much ...

Dunne and Richards were awesome in the Manc derby, and Utd looked alot like the Gunners in the final 3rd, good to watch, but then look lost and confused ...

mat2154

HSC
lehmann's miss wasn't as bad as tony warner for fulham, warner had a weaker shot and he kinda pushed the ball into his own goal.
with man u, they should probably give dong a start cause we're short of strikers but theres no need to panic yet

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
LMF^^ said:
You talkin about the penalty? Cause that was one hell of a dodgy decision. But I did not remember anyone getting 2 yellows. Did you mix up Terry's yellow with Ben Haim?
If you ever watch the footage again you'll find that the cunt Styles booked Essien a second time. He can claim all he likes that he didn't, but he did. And that penalty.. Malouda just jumped straight into Finnan. And then you have the Chelsea players (especially Drogba and Mikel) on their backs every couple of minutes feigning injury to waste time. Fucking disgusting.

Incredibly Mourinho had the gall to come out and say his team are 'pure and naive'.

Mourinho said:
'I have a naive team, they are naive because we do not have divers, we do not have violent people we do not have nasty tackles. We do not have people diving into swimming pools, Chelsea is a naive team. It is a pure team, that is my opinion.'
You don't have violent people? What about Essien, who damn well nearly broke one of your own current players' legs a couple of seasons past? You don't have divers? What about Drogba, who said himself that he 'sometimes dives and sometimes stands'. Disgraceful.

Chelsea FC

HSC
N/A
Manchester City 1 - Manchester United 0 - Oh dear...:rofl:

The pressure is on Manchester United to win - they have spent close to 60 million pounds on players.

Dont be surprised if they drop points against Spurs

65 STRAIGHT UNBEATEN GAMES HERE WE COME!!!:)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
A question for the rent boy: Do you feel any sense of shame for supporting the biggest pack of cheats in the country?

HSC
disgraceful game. styles u poof.

but liverpool looks the goods!!!! TORRES!!!!!!!

p.s-i think there was a mix up between the terry and essien yellow cards, or sum crap like that. styles looked like he was giving a card to essien, but it was actually to terry. (read it on soccernet somewhere...)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Chelsea FC said:
Manchester City 1 - Manchester United 0 - Oh dear...:rofl:

The pressure is on Manchester United to win - they have spent close to 60 million pounds on players.

Dont be surprised if they drop points against Spurs

65 STRAIGHT UNBEATEN GAMES HERE WE COME!!!:)
Are you Mourinho in disguise?

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
enjoy it while it lasts.

see who gets the last laugh in the end.

mat2154

HSC
just reading bbc.com

Tottenham boss Martin Jol's job remains under threat because he has lost the confidence of several top officials at the club, BBC Sport understands.

Sevilla coach Juande Ramos is in line to replace Jol, although the Spaniard's agent has denied links with Spurs.

how fickle are the board? two 5th places, almost made champions league but were foiled cause of dodgy pasta. hes created a good squad and its just injuries that have led to the poor results

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
No surprise there, apparently from what i've heard he told the chairman he wants to sell Berbatov ...

In addition Spurs have spent more on players then any other club bar Chelscum in the past few years ...

RandomTomGuy90

HSC
Hey lads. Another United fan joining the thread :)

Wow, what a shakey start, and with Rooney's 2 month injury the King's 3 match suspension the rest of the boys need to step up in attack, too much burden on Tevez' shoulders. Tevez was a vital signing because otherwise Fergie wouldnt have a striker to use right now, but even though Nani and Hargreaves are top class, i feel that they have spoilt the chemistry that the united midfield gained last season. I just don't see where he can fit all the pieces, Giggs, Scholes, Ronaldo, Hargraves, Nani, Fletcher, Park Ji Sung and lets not forget his other signing Anderson.

I think the back four are playing relativley well, we have the same flow and the same ability to maintain pressure and posession, but for some reason we just cannot convert into goals. Hence the defeat to City, who were played off the pitch.

I think the slow season may cost us in terms of catching our rivals, i know City and a few others have come out flying but i can't see them maintaining the squad and form, depth will determine the success of their season. I think Birmingham CIty, Derby County and Aston will go down, even though it's a bit early for predictions.

Also, the Asian cup was very disappointing and im disappointed that we lost Carney and Nick Carle, but good for them. At the same time it's good to see some Brasialians and former Socceroos come back (Poppa and Moore) it will boost the quality in the A-League. It will be a close contest this season, i can't see Sydney winning, nor Melbourne. I think it will be out of Adelaide, Roar of Perth, but if the Mariners keep Sasho and Mrdja uninjured they could be the attacking outfit of the leage. I think the NZ boys will serve as a wildcard, upseting teams in the wake of the finals but for me they won't win it.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I'm so relieved that we won that game, god those last few minutes were hard to endure. It's not often we count down the seconds at Old Trafford. We really are struggling in our ball movement and our ability to break down packed defences. We really needed something special to come from one of our players, and Nani was to one to provide it. It wasn't the cleanest of goals, and it was the deflection off Tevez that proved to be crucial. Oh well, here's hoping Saha is available next week.

Carrick was shite, Hargreaves again was class. Tevez playing as the lone striker just isn't effective against those kind of defences. He wasn't given much more room to move when he was at West Ham, but at United, none of the teams will allow that. I believe in the lad, he'll come good. He just needs to adapt to the situation.

And I've just got the new home jersey, with Ronaldo on the back. It's very nice, I'm starting to like it more and more by the day.

mat2154

HSC
Cant wait until sunderland vs man u on the weekend, keano vs fergie with andy cole and yorke upfront for sunderland. imagine if they could find even half the goal scoring form they had in 99' (think it was almost 60 goals)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
^^^

Yes. If they scored 30 goals against you lot, it'd be a bit embarrassing indeed :p Anyway Yorke hasn't played upfront for anyone for a long time now.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
No room for sentiments, we need points. Sorry Keano.

What a sad time it is in football, first was the retirement of a United legend, Ole Solskjaer, then is the news of the death of Antonio Puerta. Something must be done about this now. Vivian-Foe, Feher, and now Puerta, all died from heart-related illnesses while playing. This is tragic.

Watching some of the old Ole stuffs, makes me wanna cry even more.

mat2154

HSC
i just heard on the bbc that west ham are in talks with inter's adriano. even though hes not in great form and has been sspending a lot of time on the bench he would be a major coup for the club

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)