The Official Football Thread 2007/08 (1 Viewer)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Dive of the century by Dida!

Wow, shocks galore in the Champions League. Lyon 0-3 Rangers, Liverpool 0-1 Marseille, and not so surprisingly, at least not for me anyway, Celtic defeated Milan 2-1.

It's been a good day, with Liverpool losing. But Chelsea may look like they may not be dead just yet, can't believe Valencia blew that one.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
i bet on marseille, rangers and celtic this week. im rich

chelsea will be a force in weeks to come. you only have to look at the quality of their players to realise that they can beat any team on any day. they just need to get a consistent starting lineup, with carvalho back, and joe cole in form, theyll be right. semi finals of champions league i would think.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
put your money where your mouth is

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Hopefully they overlook Celtic in the case of how embarrassing it was for Dida with his theatrics.

Man U wins 4-0 over Wigan, but Wigan had Titus Bramble so the score is to be expected.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
On to the football and Carlos Tevez has taunted Arsenal, according to the Mirror, saying that United are favourites for the title. Honestly, if I looked like I’d been half-eaten by a bear then inserted in monster’s vagina and squeezed out so fast I landed face first in a field of cactii and broken bottles before being dragged along the ground on my face for 10 miles I don’t think I’d be doing a lot of taunting.

Quoted from Arseblog, genious ...

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
^Pfft, our Carlitos is charming in his own way. If you cunts wanna win beauty contests, then go ahead, since Arsenal has always been riding on your high horses. We'll focus on winning real trophies instead.

Arsenal may be on top right now, but the season still has a long way to go. As soon as the fixtures start to pack we'll see how you guys can manage, nevermind injuries. We've got our injury worries, yet we're still winning, so the good times are still ahead of us. Can't wait for Nov 3, it'll be a great game. Hopefully we'll have our injured players back by then. Gary is on the come back trail this week, playing against the Scouser Reserves. When he gets back, our defence will become even meaner.

Hopefully the situation with Vidic is not too bad. I always have a bad feeling with injuries, our luck hasn't been the best in this department recently.

EDIT: And this is how Rafa's rotation policy works. :D

Last edited:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Meh, already this season we've had Gallas, Gilberto, Rosicky, Hleb, Jens and Eduardo injured at the same time. We missed Adebayor for a few games at the start too. Our squad is fine, we've got a production line of talented and versatile players ready to come in and prove ourselves. Wihtout Le Ego we're playing with so much more flair and confidence as well.

People also keep saying that the only reason we're on such a good run is because of a soft start, but these are the types of games where we dropped points by the bucketload last season. We've already travelled to Blackburn and had two London derbies and done well in all of those games.

The main problems we had last season were our use of width and our profligacy in front of goal and we've seemed to come on in leaps and bounds on both of those fronts. We've still got Gallas to come back and Djourou will be back in January, so hopefully that'll sort out our backline for the next few months.

Not saying we'll win the league or in Europe, I thought those were already handed out after Liverpool smashed those cracking sides Derby and Toulouse, but we'll go alright this season.

This could help us too:

Manchester City defender Micah Richards has revealed his desire to play for Arsenal one day, saying he would take the opportunity to sign for the club should it come his way. (Daily Mirror)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Newcastle beat Tottenham and make it 13 points out of 15 at home. Milner picks up another quality goal. I must admit when he does score it's usually a pearl, and Cacapa is showing he is top draw class and a world class in a barcode is a rare sight indeed.

I think we're a good chance for 5th this year. And apparently Berbatov has done a Micah Richards and revealed his desire to play for another club, that being NUFC, which would provide an adequate replacement if we are to lose Owen to the east.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Spurs were extremely poor. I remember Jenas being the worst player on the pitch.

Aren't we loving the way the Scousers are atm? :p

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Chelsea are really flying under the rader and are really picking up form and becoming a huge threat.

I definitely like how Grant, Ten Cate and Clarke have reshaped the team.

Well done Avram

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
For all the talk of how badly we'll be hit by the African Cup of Nations, we're only losing Kolo and Eboue.

Cuntski lose Essien, Dogbag, Kalou and Mikel. If only Terry reinjures himself, three out of their 4 key players will be gone for a 4-6 week period.

Tonight is such a huge game. I have a bad feeling Liverpool will pull out their match of the season against us.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Well, losing Toure will be a big enough loss in itself.

I too have a strange feeling that Liverpool will pull something out of their arse tonight to snatch victory, but obviously I don't want that to happen. I'd prefer a draw , but Arsenal winning this one won't be so bad either.

We're shaping ourselves up quite well for the big one next week. Now that will be some match!

EDIT: And here's Nani's goal from last night, definitely a contender for goal of the season.

Last edited:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Great performance lads. Hit the post twice, missed two open goals, handicapped by a cunt referee but the scousers were the ones relieved to hear the final whistle.

Arsenal have to be taken seriously. Liverpool are the Spanish Bolton. They won't be anywhere near the top by season's end. Arsenal-United-Chelsea should be an exciting title race.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Good game, good result for all concerned I guess. Obviously we are the biggest beneficiaries since both teams dropped points. Arsenal on top only on more goals scored. The game next week will be awesome.

Arsenal's young players seem to have the hunger to win trophies this season. I guess every team is taking them seriously right now. Arsenal and United are definitely the best 2 teams in the league right now, playing scintillating stuff. I just can't wait for it.

My only concern atm is the fitness of Evra. If he's fit then we're all good to go. O'Shea doesn't look comfortable at LB, and if he goes up against the pacy Arsenal wingers we're all done for. Interesting to see whether Anderson will still be playing in the middle, he really has impressed me with his displays. Anderson vs Cesc? Sounds like a good match.

It's good to see the flourishing partnership between Rooney and Tevez. This is for all the doubters out there, especially our local Torres-loving friend Led-Zep.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
whether arsenal can beat chelsea and man utd in coming weeks will be the real test to see just where there at. liverpool are too inconsistent at the moment to use them as much of a gauge. but thats not to say arsenal arent playing brilliant football

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Such a big game, so little build up talk in here. This board really is going down.

Anyway, I've made an interesting observation.

1. We've scored 4 goals in our past 4 games.
2. Last time we beat Arsenal away we also scored 4 goals.
3. Almunia was in goal for Arsenal that day, due to some Lehmann blunders.
4. Almunia will be in goal tomorrow.

Our magic 4 goals will strike again. 4-2 United. :D

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
What a game. What a fucking game. No way we deserved to lose. Almunia's brain explosion cost us big time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)