The Official Football Thread 2007/08 (1 Viewer)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
It always feels shitty to concede so late in the game, especially a game of this importance. But oh well, I guess it's a fair result and credit to both teams for putting out such a good game.

I don't think you can really fault Almunia there. Evra was in a lot of space. Even if he didn't come out we still would've had enough bodies in the box to put the ball away.

Arsenal really like to chase games don't they? Every time it's like that. But I guess this is not a bad result. Drawing away at Arsenal is certainly better than drawing at home. Oh well, we'll get you guys back at Old Trafford.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
hey torres does look good when he plays! i never said anythin about tevez slating him as a player i just think we need a target man for certain games, eg when saha came on it definitely changed our attack, roon and tevez where playing too similarly and against a good technical defence like gallas and toure u need a big man to come in there and saha did that held up the ball made it difficult. torres would have done that too and he is very quick also. a torres in united would be a different torres in pool.

hoping we can get someone either a RB were linked to sagnol, or a CF target man at least when we need to push forward and attack, and change it around a bit. at times rooney and tevez seemed dropped back to much, and giggs wasnt goint to push on.

but great game, draw is a fair result, to be honest arsenal played good however, we showed that united can play as good as them, and at times dominated the game in periods which never happens against a good possesion team like gunners. also to note if we did a 4-5-1 to begin with it be all, negative united, however we came to play football and did that. its good to have the 2 best teams at the top and it will be a good title race. still think united will win due to experience and the fact that we have more home games to come, plus gunners have playd most games in epl at home..lol at liverpool.."their year"!

blakegman

HSC
N/A
you sure you man utd fans dont wanna buy shevchenko. my club chelsea will sell you him for 30 mill, bargain, i swear. 60 million and well throw in ballack

milanista

HSC
Juventus and Inter took a share of the spoils this morning in the Derby d'Italia.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
milanista said:
Juventus and Inter took a share of the spoils this morning in the Derby d'Italia.
Inter had numerous chances to put the game away in the second half. Ibrahimovic couldn't break away from the shackles, Suazo missed chances, Buffon was brilliant as usual, he's the only man keeping Juve from falling off the rails atm.

Juve is kinda struggling, but are still picking up points from the big games. They somehow find ways to grab a goal out of nowhere to snatch a draw all the time. At Roma, and now against Inter. Oh well, at least they're doing better than Milan, drawing blank at home against Torino.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Poor intelligencia double inhaled on his crack pipe.

blakegman said:
you sure you man utd fans dont wanna buy shevchenko. my club chelsea will sell you him for 30 mill, bargain, i swear. 60 million and well throw in ballack
You'll be needing them in january. Dogbreath, Kalou, Mikel and Essien all off to Africa. Hahahaha.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Newcastle are trounced by Portsmouth who absolutely tore us to pieces in the first 10 minutes. It actually reminded me of late last season when Newcastle played Liverpool and Bellamy ripped us to shreds but just couldn't put the ball away.

I have no idea what Allardyce was thinking switching Milner to the left and Zogs to the Right of midfield, those two have been solid as with Zogs dominating the left side of midfield when he's been given free reign to move upfield. If we can pick up Urby Emmanuelson or that polish left back from Real Madrid, then we should be sorted for the short term, but unless we add some quality in midfield so that Emre and Butt are our second string, then I can't see us making the top 6, especially with the lack of width we're playing with.

jcroldan89

HSC
Waiting for Spurs to get their act together, eh!

e: Hah done well against gunners in carling cup. defoe should've made it 2-1. stupid nigra.

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Geez the football thread on this forum has really died down hasn't it? It's a bit of a shame really but I'll do my best to get it started again.

I'm loving the EPL this season! In United, Arse and the Chelscum we have 3 real contenders for the title. Arsenal and Man United have obviously looked the best so far this season and currently occupy the top 2 spots but Chelsea are only 4 points behind and very consistent under Grant. That being said, I think Man United will go on to win the title again. They have the best defence in the league, have solved their central midfield problems with the additions of Hargreaves and Anderson and have, arguably, the most exciting attacking players in the world in Rooney, Tevez, Ronaldo, etc.

The battle for 4th spot is also an interesting one! Liverpool are still my bet to claim the last Champions League spot (the quality of their key players like Gerrard and Torres should be enough for them to achieve this)...but it appears as though teams like Man City, Portsmouth, Aston Villa and Everton will push them all the way.

I'm still undecided as to exactly who will be relegated but Derby is a certainty and Fulham also look like going down. Its hard to pick the third team but I am tipping Bolton because I am concerned by the fact that they relied so heavily on goals from Anelka and yet didnt sign a quality replacement.

Also...the form and goal-scoring feats of Cristiano Ronaldo this season have been absolutely amazing! 25 goals already this season and we are only at the half-way point! He IS the best player on the planet on current form and is surely already favourite to win player of the year. What do you guys reckon? Surely all of the other players can only hope to finish runner-up. That being said, other players in the EPL that have impressed me greatly this season include Torres, Tevez, Adebayor, Fabregas, Berbatov and Elano.

Last edited:

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Arsenal will slip to third. Chelsea and ManU will battle for top as always.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Elano's form has dropped off in recent times, maybe he's still recovering his form after coming back from injury.

This season has been very interesting indeed, Arsenal and United are by far the best teams in England right now. Chelsea is somewhat a distant third, even though they are only 4 points behind. They haven't changed much, really. Since Mourinho left Grant the puppet hasn't played the kind of attacking football that Roman wanted, instead it's the same old boring Chelsea winning ugly (eg. Birmingham, Everton recently). Can't see them fighting til the end, not with Avram Grant.

This season has been great, watching the Scousers being so shite is such a joy. Inter will tear them to shreds.

There has been 4 outstanding teams in the Europe this season. Real Madrid, Inter, Man Utd and Arsenal. If these teams meet in the latter stages of the Champions League, it'll be one hell of a tie.

Can't wait for the FA Cup tie against Arsenal too. What a cracker that'll be. Kinda sick of Chelsea and Liverpool getting the easy teams, it's just ridiculous.

Nice to see you back Matt. :) Hope this thread can live on.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Chelsea's season depends heavily on injuries. If they get all their players back from the african nations cup healthy, then i can imagine them challenging. they've played surprisingly well considering theyve been missing lampard,drogba,ballack,terry, sometimes carvalho.

malouda has been playing brilliantly lately too.

jcroldan89

HSC
Absolutely gutted with Spurs against ManU. We had that in a bag but yet again shoot ourselves in the foot deep in stoppage time.

Ah well.. at least we played brilliant football and if we keep it up we're sure to move up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)