The Official Football Thread 2007/08 (1 Viewer)

blakegman

HSC
N/A
powerdrive said:
for sure man

reckon theyll relegated?

I really doubt it, but that said they are only 3 points outside relegation. If it did happen i would be lollin so hard for days. would be interesting to see how such a big club would handle championship.

anyone see champions league today/yesterday

Chelsea 3-0 Olympiakos
Real M 1-2 Roma
Porto 1-0 Schalke (schalke 4-1 penalties)

Pretty interesting.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
blakegman said:
I really doubt it, but that said they are only 3 points outside relegation. If it did happen i would be lollin so hard for days. would be interesting to see how such a big club would handle championship.
Newcastle is viewed as a big club only because it's large fan base, since it's the only team in the city of Newcastle. A club that hasn't won anything for decades shouldn't be considered a big club. Notts Forrest was a bigger club, Leeds scums were a bigger club, but they both ended up in League One, albeit due to off-field reasons.

Well played Arsenal, well played Roma. Both teams did tremendously well to win away from home. I'm kinda glad that Arsenal went through, as I can see their squad being further stretched so they might drop more points in the league. I just hope we don't get you guys in the quarters, because that would be plain crap.

I really hope Inter can come back and knock the Scousers out, 4 English teams in the last 8 is a bit too much for me.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Agreed 4 clubs is a bit overkill. Almost like the FA cup

Hopefully Chelsea draw Schalke or Fenerbahce. Though to be honest the only team i wouldn't want us playing is Manchester United. Any of the rest i think i could handle, given we had arguably the easiest of the last 16 ties.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Inter play like shit in big tournaments.

Torres has been best signing for this season for any team imo.

kuytbird

HSC
pool were a bit luky really
2 legs 2 send offs. Butttttt thats football :)
and torres is a freak :)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Ibrahimovic really should've done better. Before the sending off of Burdisso, he had a chance to square the ball to the unmarked Cruz, but went for glory and missed. That guy's arrogance really does tip off ppl at times.

Inter have again failed. Just a month ago they were amongst the best, now they are no longer.

Sad to see Mancini leave, but I guess Moratti gives him too much pressure. Even if he didn't resign Moratti would've given him the boot anyway. Such is life.

jcurry

HSC
LMF^^ said:
Newcastle is viewed as a big club only because it's large fan base, since it's the only team in the city of Newcastle. A club that hasn't won anything for decades shouldn't be considered a big club. Notts Forrest was a bigger club, Leeds scums were a bigger club, but they both ended up in League One, albeit due to off-field reasons.

Well played Arsenal, well played Roma. Both teams did tremendously well to win away from home. I'm kinda glad that Arsenal went through, as I can see their squad being further stretched so they might drop more points in the league. I just hope we don't get you guys in the quarters, because that would be plain crap.

I really hope Inter can come back and knock the Scousers out, 4 English teams in the last 8 is a bit too much for me.
haha i happen to love liverpool

blakegman

HSC
N/A
jcurry said:
haha i happen to love liverpool
lol so ? hes a Man Utd fan, of course he will resent your team.

As a Liverpool fan you wouldn't want Chelsea to progress either would you ?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Mate, I hate Liverpool with all my heart. It was painful for me to watch Inter play like shite, it really was. At times I thought to myself, why bother waking up early in the morning to watch Liverpool win? Oh well, if we get you bitters in the quarters then bring it on.

Seems like Mancini decided to stay afterall. I guess there's probably too much in this team for him to let go? But if they don't do well in the CL next season he'll get the boot that's for sure.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Anyone know predict Jose Mourinho will end up ?

Man i loved that guy.

What a character.

nagledogg

HSC
liverpool's form will drop like it did at the start of the season

jcurry

HSC
nagledogg said:
liverpool's form will drop like it did at the start of the season
maybe, they're t gonna win the premier league but they're good at playing in the champions league and with torres this year who knows, i hope they win

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Champions league draw announced

Liverpool v Arsenal
Man Utd V Roma
Schalke V Barcelona
Chelsea v Fenerbahce

jcurry

HSC
blakegman said:
Champions league draw announced

Liverpool v Arsenal
Man Utd V Roma
Schalke V Barcelona
Chelsea v Fenerbahce
damn liverpools got a hard one
man u. barca and chelsea shouldwin theirs easily though

el gwapo

HSC
didn't chelsea face fenerbache in the group stage? Man U and Roma as well iirc.

Barcelona are lucky, Schalke are probably the weakest out of them.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Chelsea's group had rosenborg, Schalke and Valencia. So nah they didnt play fenerbache.

But yeah, Chelsea and Barca got it easy

powerdrive

HSC
that draw's rigged, man utd play roma again (that's 6 times in the last yr), and once again chelsea get it easy again.

arsenal play liverpool 3 times in a week...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)