The Official French Continuers & Extension Speaking Exams 2005 Thread - POST IN HERE! (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Elizabeth rocks said:
but srah rocker is regular? as in,
je rocke
tu rockes
il rocke
nous rockons
vous rockez
ils rockent
or not?

onyer however, is completely irregular - whatever we want it to be at the time.

this girl in our class and i had a kind of long discussion once about whether rocker should take etre or avoir in the perfect tense. is it a verb of movement? that is the question..
J'aime le verb "Rocker" mais je pense qu'il porter "Avoir" parce-que it is really a state of being is it??? Its not to rock as in to "dance" thus should like J'ai eu mal I had been sick actually now that I think of it if u used the "rocker" in the past tense would you use the imparfait??? Je rockais , "I used to rock"

chepas

HSC
Yes it would take 'avoir' for the passé composé, because no state of movement, just a state of being.

Je rockais a` l'époque (ben enfin, l'imparfait!), mais je ne rocke plus.
Tu as rocké dans le show hier soir! C'était formidable!

It wouldn't work as a verb of motion. No sense of motion from A to B.

Elizabeth_rocks said:
HOWEVER i also looked at the syllabus and the hurricane doesn't fit under ANY of the set topics, except "current issues" which is receptive only. but i mean, better safe than sorry, especially since one of my "qu'est-ce que tu aimes lire?" answers is "j'aime lire le journal".p
Bingo :).

Last edited:

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
In the event of a Katrina question-

Bien que l'actualité le dise, il est impossible de croire que les pillards ont tiré sur les véhicules de sauvetage. Il y a des gens qui ont besoin de nourriture et d'eau - d'accord. Aucun problème s'ils doivent les voler. Mais détourner les ambulances ? Tirer sur les sauveteurs ? Rendre impossibles les opérations de sauvetage ? C'est la folie, et c'est dégueulasse.

Mais, je suppose que c'est le resultat de la capitalisme americain. La societe americain neglige les pauvres et maintenant, avec l'anarchie de'ouragan katrina, les pauvres deviennent fous et ils decident attaquer la societe, pas aider.

(je n'ai pas ecrire le paragraph premiere, je l'ai voler d'about.french mais le paragraph deuxieme et a moi, hence grammar errors. Should sound alright though.)

belleree98

melsc said:
There was another chick who had continuers French & Ital on the same day
I have Italian one week after French :)
Je suis l'autre fille!!!

Good to see I'm so easily forgettable!! :p

I probably saw some of you today (whoever was at Ravenswood this morning? 9.00 session?)

As for the complication - it turned out I had Italian and French continuers on the same day (je suis la seulement fille qui fait tous les deux) and get this - board of studies STUFFED IT UP. They put me at 9.00 French at Ravenswood and then Italian at 9.00 at Parramatta. Yes. Because it's so easy to be in two places at once and everything.

Anyway french is over and it's sad!! I wanna do it again it was so much fun! She asked awesome questions. It was almost exactly the same as my trial lol

Next week I'm doing Italian continuers and french ext at Newtown! Yikes. Italian's a breeze but ext is a bit scary. Ca me fait peur :s

belleree98

Forgot to mention - I have laryingitis (sp?) and I lost my voice last night! lol I was croaking all the way but c'est pas grave parce que j'ai applique pour "misadventure"

It's kinda funny though. Of all the illnesses to get before an ORAL EXAMINATION.

Rant over

:D

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I had mine around 9.50 is...I was abt 36th I think
It was fine they asked me abiut family, friends, sport, musique, school and what I was going to do when I finished the exam :) Just be confident and it will be fine...I stumbled a lil but c'est la vie

belleree98

melsc said:
I had mine around 9.50 is...I was abt 36th I think
It was fine they asked me abiut family, friends, sport, musique, school and what I was going to do when I finished the exam :) Just be confident and it will be fine...I stumbled a lil but c'est la vie
Were you at Ravenswood?

Skip

Everything went to plan for me. There weren't any curly questions, the examiner said I went really well, I hope the markers think I did really well too. I was out of the exam room by 9:10 (was first of the 5 students there).

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
we'll never know how we went will we???
I think everything was fine except one or two of the questions I stumbled a lil at the beginning, but if everything else went well I shouldn't be penalised too much should I?

Now I just have Italian Beginners next week

Sugar

HSC
I thought I did okay, but I've been thinking about and I'm so mad at myself!! I made a couple of mistakes, like, I started talking about the differences between France and Australia and I said 'je ne porte pas l'uniforme', when I should have said 'les etudiants ne portent pas l'uniforme en France' ARGH. :S

How much is the speaking component worth?

belleree98

Sugar said:
I thought I did okay, but I've been thinking about and I'm so mad at myself!! I made a couple of mistakes, like, I started talking about the differences between France and Australia and I said 'je ne porte pas l'uniforme', when I should have said 'les etudiants ne portent pas l'uniforme en France' ARGH. :S

How much is the speaking component worth?
20%

don't worry too much I'm sure they get the idea.

Skip

Everyone makes mistakes. I was just listening to the 2002 standards package and the exemplar conversation response had a few mistakes.

rebemol

HSC
Youpi~! It's over! I had mine this morning. I must say.. the waiting part was the most nerve racking! Yeh- my examiner was quite nice - tho I got asked a few random questions..

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
From memory mine started with
"Are you sporty"
I said no but went on about how I think its important to keep fit, eat good food etc, which led to "What is 'healthy food'?" I was like ahhhhh "les legumes, l'eau et les fuits" - crap answer
then she asked about my family, I went on about all the members of my family and she picked up on that I said my dad speaks greek so she asked me "what languages I speak at home" I said that I only speak english but I also speak French and Italian at skool, she said "I asked what you spoke at home" she must not have heard me but meh it will be on the tape.

Then she asked about my friends, and asked if I wanted to go on holidays with them after the HSC.

Then she asked about skool and what subjects I study and which was my favorite, *I didnt get to do my after the HSC spiel*

Then I got asked about music and I got to use my "lady killer idiom :)' and I said that I was going to a concert tomorrow night which led to questions about where it was...

Then she asked me if I played a musical instrument, I stuffed up a bit because I had a mental block of how to form the imparfait, coz I wanted to say "I used to play guitar" I also said I love to sing in orchestras opps :(

Then she asked about my house and pet, pets i stumbled a lil

somewhere she asked me if I had already travelled in aus. which I said I hadnt but would like to travel in aus and overseas which led to questions about why....grrr

It went so fast...all of a sudden she said it was the last question and I am sitting there going "huh did she says dernier"..it seemed to be the "question of the day" , it was something like what do you want to do after this exam???

I hope it all went well but I guess I'll never know will I???

Last edited:
HSC
ahh that was fun
I swear to G-d those 10 minutes just outside the exam room are the longest 10 minutes of your friggin life!
I wonder what it'll be like next week for Extension....
Anyway so we started with
'Do u like sport'
then there was some other stuff, girly questions 'what are the qualities needed for a strong friendship?'
I did my little 'oo i got attacked by racists in America' spiel, which the examiner seemed to like.
I think it was pretty good...apologies to the girl who was right after me, dying to know 'is she nice?', I was kinda excited so I fairly yelled 'She's fine!!'

Insouciance

HSC
I had this awful question about whether I think cars are expensive to run - I panicked and just lost it right there; it was one of the last questions, thank fully, but I was so annoyed at myself. The rest of the questions were quite good.

The most frustrating part was waiting an hour and a half to be examined; I arrived at noon, and the first of our seven-person french class had gone in. I emerged from my exam at 1:37pm. I was kind of pissy; mostly relieved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)