The Official "I GOT THE JOB!!!:D:D" Thread (1 Viewer)

BlackDragon

HSC
I GOT THE JOB!! Had an interview for coles today and he was really impressed!! :D He told me straight on that I got the job and told me about all the things that would happen now.

Tips for the interview:

1. Dress in smart casuals.
2. Be available for any shift, any time, any day.
3. Really show you're enthusiasm.

YAY!! I begin later this week! :D:D

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
BlackDragon said:
2. Be available for any shift, any time, any day.
just a question: people tell me when i'm filling out application forms, to say that i am available 24/7...but i feel dishonest doing this because i know full well that until i get my p's i cant work weekends (and that'll be a while away let me tell u)...so i would feel bad when they say 'so, ready to start saturday' and i have to be like 'no...'
How would you get around that? Its probably a stupid thing to ask but getting my last job was ridiculously easy and it never became an issue until now when i'm looking for a new job.

BlackDragon

HSC
well i wouldn't tell them i'm available every hour of every day if i'm not. but i'd put down as many hours as possible for each day, even if you stretch it a bit. and then just really show how enthusiastic you are to work as much as possible and as much as you can. because even if you aren't available much for two days a week, if they can see you're really really enthusiastic and willing to make this work as much as possible in any time of the day then they'll probably hire you.

gna

HSC
Well, i left my job @ NAB after 9 months, now have offers from CBA, Optus and Westpac, not sure which 1 to take, probably CBA or Optus as it's closer to where i live so i can go to my night job at Star City...

Yes, i work a lot, but i need the money, trying to put a deposit down on a house before im 21..

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Why would you be happy about working at Coles? It's a piece of shit.

BlackDragon

HSC
Opinion mate. Opinion. Don't try to tell me how to think, you don't even know where i live anyway...:) :)

J

jhakka

sunjet said:
Why would you be happy about working at Coles? It's a piece of shit.
Shit money is better than no money.

I don't work at Coles. As if I'd lower myself to that level. :p

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
guys, just a question, when you apply for a job online (from sites like mycareer or careerone), is it usual that they dont reply for over a week? or is it a bad sign? cheers

BlackDragon

HSC
i didn't get a reply for over 8 months. but i still got the job. soon you should do the online test and then its the long wait till they recruit in your area. so, a couple of weeks max to the online test, after that i'd be worried. but once you do the test, you will probably wait months and months and months. most people do.

dodgyfilokid

HSC
I went in for a group interview for City Beach at Seven Hills 2weeks ago. We were told to dress in our best surf, skate or street gear so I did..cut the long story short I got a call last Monday asking me to do a trial for them at Parramatta. I rocked up to the trial (2-5pm which was paid btw) and then after the trial my boss says to me you got the job..im like woo i finally secured my dream job (well durin teen years) and so I start nxt week. That puts me in a scenario wherein I have two jobs (one at Kmart Bondi which Ive held since last yr and now this one)...One question....how much do you have to earn on your second job before you start gettin taxed coz i cant claim d tax free threshold since dats already on my first job...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
wuddie said:
guys, just a question, when you apply for a job online (from sites like mycareer or careerone), is it usual that they dont reply for over a week? or is it a bad sign? cheers
I applied to a lot of places over seek and coles myer online, got three calls within 2 weeks and now I've got a follow up 1on1 interview from the group one I did at Harris Technology this morning. :D

Teddy Lee

HSC
i did the whole colesmyer online thing as well and it was really quick for me but some people have to wait months so i guess its ok either way. the group interview was ok, the online test was fun and the one-on-one interview (with kmart) was weird because it was held in this tiny storeroom and the interview itself was strange because they only asked me about shift times so it was like they'd all ready decided to hire me.

but dont get ur hopes up... kmart was so dull and the pay only average... hopefully things are better for you at coles.

absent

on so many levels
HSC
dodgyfilokid said:
One question....how much do you have to earn on your second job before you start gettin taxed coz i cant claim d tax free threshold since dats already on my first job...
From what I understand and have been told, you get taxed on every dollar you make on your second job. And you get taxed hard.

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
If you make over $6000/yr then you get taxed, I don't really know about first and second jobs though.

P.S. I got my first job today!!! Weeeeeee...I've never felt so wanted lol, wanna hug everyone in the street, almost hugged my boss lol. It's newsagency stuff - reminds me of my old English bookroom duties at school lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)