The Official "I GOT THE JOB!!!:D:D" Thread (1 Viewer)

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I got the job at Greater Union Cinemas a couple of weeks ago. My first shift was yesterday, and it was really good. Awesome pay, too, considering I'm only sixteen.

I imagine getting a job at Hoyts would be like gettinga job at GU: had in your resume and application, and see what happens. I was called to do a group interview, and from the fifty or so people who were given interviews nine were given jobs. I'm lucky enough to be one of those people. haha but yeah, apparently it's really hard to get a job there. Is Hoyts the same?

breakout-09

Awesomeness
HSC
Jachie said:
I imagine getting a job at Hoyts would be like gettinga job at GU: had in your resume and application, and see what happens. I was called to do a group interview, and from the fifty or so people who were given interviews nine were given jobs. I'm lucky enough to be one of those people. haha but yeah, apparently it's really hard to get a job there. Is Hoyts the same?
It was pretty much the same.. hand in your resume, group interview, then they call you. No idea how many got the job - I've got orientation today! I'll fill you in later on. :)

NLAngel

HSC
Heehee I went to an interview at 6pm today, employed as a kitchenhand at Pizza hut! Yay, I got the job. :)

tiffanyV

HSC
yeah i got the job too, Working as cashier at coles and have really good pay too, so hope tat i wont get sacked soon

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i *almost* have the job (come on please lol) ... i've done a trial (for which, i am am pleasantly surprised to add, i am getting paid) the only thing left to sort out is what shifts... basically they want me to work evenings and i cant do it (transport issues) but we can work something out! :) *hopeful face*

Bendent

HSC
wuddie said:
guys, just a question, when you apply for a job online (from sites like mycareer or careerone), is it usual that they dont reply for over a week? or is it a bad sign? cheers
yes usually, sometimes more than one week. i think they are doing the screening during that week and interviews afterwards. could be a bad sign sometimes.

klh

HSC
I got a FT job, training starts in Feb and its paid. Its a call centre where i'll be taking bookings for a company. its didnt seem that crap whe ni went to the interview, just taking calls and stuff. thna after 3 wks of training, wiht its products, it system nad mentoring/buddy system, its 3 months probation..gah.
but woo, at least a job!

shsshs

HSC
Went to the city last wk and handed resumes to every shop possible.

and wtf.. only maccas Broadway called me back :( ffs thats like my last resort.

so i took the job - no interview. $12/hr

have training next week~ do i get paid for this?

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
shsshs said:
Went to the city last wk and handed resumes to every shop possible.

and wtf.. only maccas Broadway called me back :( ffs thats like my last resort.
As long as you gain some experience! =)

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Did anyone else get a ridiculous amount of waiting time for the coles online job apply? I applied back in early December, no reply so i applied for a job at priceline (the PHARMACY >_>), got the job today, and as i was driving home i got an SMS from coles online which said they have a job openning :p

Didn't take it of course, the other job is much closer, pays more and has more flexible hours...but tbh i never knew it was a cosmetics chain, the ad said pharmacy ;o

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
lol at least you guys are getting jobs. Im getting nothing and have resorted to doing volunteer work, with which i might still have to go through the interview process :bomb:

BlackDragon

HSC
Mike Ockisard said:
plus its usually not bad work anyway, not the stuff ive done (working at international cricket/swimming/rugby league events)
i wish i was one of those security guys who stand around the border at cricket matches. I mean, you GET PAID, for standing ON THE FIELD, at INTERNATIONAL matches.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
ive got an interview at Bi-Lo (branch of Coles Myer) 2morrow.

what sort of questions should i expect? .. this is my 1st ever interview

BlackDragon

HSC
Mike Ockisard said:
..with your back constantly turned so you're facing the opposite direction
still.. or a sports photographer (although that's a very tough profession to be successful in), or one of those officials who stand in the stands. its all good.

P

pLuvia

goony said:
Did anyone else get a ridiculous amount of waiting time for the coles online job apply? I applied back in early December, no reply so i applied for a job at priceline (the PHARMACY >_>), got the job today, and as i was driving home i got an SMS from coles online which said they have a job openning :p

Didn't take it of course, the other job is much closer, pays more and has more flexible hours...but tbh i never knew it was a cosmetics chain, the ad said pharmacy ;o
Coles' employment system is really ineffective, sometimes they hire you in a week or sometimes they hire you after a year. I got passed the group interview, and I was suppose to wait for a branch to call me to come in for a 1 on 1 interview but that never happened

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
i just got back from the 1-on-1 interview.. never had 2 go to group interview

interview went ok i thought.. he said i was 1st interview so far and still got 7 others.. so find out in a week.. fingers crossed.. and he said if i get the job it will take another month for me 2 actually start working lol wtf

P

pLuvia

Hmm, maybe Bi-Lo doesn't require a group interview. One month, you can spend that time finding another job and getting it before that month you start working at Bi-Lo lol.

BlackDragon

HSC
pLuvia said:
Coles' employment system is really ineffective, sometimes they hire you in a week or sometimes they hire you after a year. I got passed the group interview, and I was suppose to wait for a branch to call me to come in for a 1 on 1 interview but that never happened
I waited for 9 months from start to finish and they never called me for a group interview. Just 1 on 1 interview and then 'you start next week, Welcome to coles'

So yeah, it is ineffective and irregular. Instead of this online stuff i think in-store applications would be far more appropriate and efficient.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
yay i got the job. just finished the online training thing 2day.

do i ring them up or wait to be contacted now ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)