The Official NBA thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Season kicks off in a few weeks. Spurs again? Or will the Heat challenge? Will Bogut take the nba by storm?

btw Does anyone play or want to play yahoo nba fantasy?

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Well, once again I'm supporting the sonics and looking forward to a good season. I know we wont have a season like last year, im predicting we probably wont make the playoffs, but i think they'll be massive improvements in Luke Ridnour. :D

As for who will win... well, IMO i think it will be the Spurs again because they bought extremely well in the off season and know how to keep god team chemistry going. I predict Heat will be runner ups this year, I dont think Detroit can do that again (they'll still be good though, and Tayshaun Prince will be awesomely improved!). I think the heat have to much talent and will have to many stars and not enough play time....therefore, I dont know if they'll pull it together, especially with someone like Antoine Walker on the team... always seems to start drama imo.

And lastly Bogut. Well, so far things are looking ok. It doesnt look like he'll be the next Shaq, but it does look like he's got some good potential. Today he pulled down 6 rebounds, 2 assists and scored 9 points (4-7 fg, 1-4 ft) so hes doing ok... but his free throws have been absolutely shocking. I think he'll improve over the season, but in the long run, I dont think he'll be the all star we want him to be. He'll be solid.

Go Sonics! I hope we can repeat last season, we have started the same this year, losing pre-season games and being played down by the press so maybe we can do it.... we'll just have to wait and see. That being said, I hope Nate Macmillan fails at Portland, and i hope AD has a great season at Washington... and Jerome James, well, he sucked last year (not including Sacramento playoff series) so im sure he'll suck this year.

nuffsaid

BOS Founder
HSC
hi copious (howie?)

i believe bogut will average around 10 ppg 7-8rpg 2apg at the most
just a solid contribution to the team

in regards to the yahoo nba fantasy, im currently playing with my uni friends and ive gots zee awesome team

dirk, pierce, artest, pau, emeka, magliore, troy murphy, paul, jaric, damon stoudamire, nenad krstic... somethin liek taht

05/06 finals: spurs v heat (spurs in 6)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Yeah its me. matt? nfi lol

My team in my keeper ROTO league is:

B Davis, Carter, Lebron, Bibby, Jamison, Iguodola, Ming, Prazjilba (or whatever), Q Rich, Boozer, Deng , Murphy, Ridnour

Random_87

HSC
N/A
copious said:
My team in my keeper ROTO league is:

B Davis, Carter, Lebron, Bibby, Jamison, Iguodola, Ming, Prazjilba (or whatever), Q Rich, Boozer, Deng , Murphy, Ridnour
I LIKE THAT! He's going awesome in the preseason. I hope he keeps it up. He's the next J Kidd or John Stockton... i hope :)

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Im fairly confident he wont be a very good player unless he is given a little time. He needs a few years to learn the ropes. However, I do expect him to have some good games this year, i just dont think hell be consistently good. All in all, this year I'd say he'll be average, and he'll only get better.

... I hope...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
i expect him to be a 10-8 player at max, all depends how and where he is played.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
I Dont think Bogut should play anywhere other than Centre. Maybe a few minutes at PF, but try to keep him at centre IMO. He needs to learn how to muscle up against bigger opponents who can push him around. That is one of his major weaknessess. When he's being out musceled he seems to get frustrated and then he just gives away fouls. Not good.

nuffsaid

BOS Founder
HSC
13 pts (6-9 FG), 9 rebs, 3 blocks in 37 mins

what an animal!

came up big in overtime with 5 pts and a couple of boards

Last edited:

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I saw that. Very solid game. Hope he can post those kind of numbers regularly.

And I cant believe that Milwaukee traded Mason for Magloire. Magloire is over hyped and fairly shit IMO. Mason's developed a jump shot, can get assists, can rebound and score. Magloire can score, but I dont think he mixes with the milwaukee squad. he had 9 rebs, with 6 TO and 4 pts. Not so good.... Maybe im just one eyed on this situation because I've always liked Mason, but i think it was a stupid move.

nuffsaid

BOS Founder
HSC
milwaukee needed another big man to complement bogut
i believe starting magloire at C and bogut at PF will be far more effective

and the reason why they traded away mason is to make way for bobby simmons who scored about 20 pts and grabbed 10 rebounds today

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Yeah, when they got Bobby Simmons I got a feeling they would dump Mason. And to make things worse for Mason, he only played 16 minutes today and scored 1 pt and went 0-4 from the field. I dont know if the New Orleans guys are gonna give Desmond much time because of J R Smith and the rest of the young guns they want to blood.

Ohh, and Sacramento got Skooled.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
I wonder, would BOS NBAers like to meet up and ball together sometime in the upcoming post-hsc period? :D

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Hahaha, I love ballin, but I aint to good at it. I always get put as centre or PF cos im tall. But to add to that, im leaving for a gap year early in january so i got a hectic schedule and i dont know if i;d be able to. And the fact im sure i'd get skooled.

I love bball, i just aint that good at it despite all the practice i do... I guess it comes from the fact ive only been into bball for the last 4-5 years, before that i hated it. Now its probably my favourite sport.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
I doubt anyone is still good after the hell that is the HSC year. :p

But I would love to meet up with some of you guys and just play some ball anyway. Before you leave for your round the world trip of course! :)

nicksta_40

HSC
Bogut 17 boards, 10pts, quite remarkable in only his 2nd game, r we going to expect big things from this guy? I think at his peak, he'll be a similiar player to Zydrunas Ilgauskas, but he mite make a combination with Redd to rival that of Shaq-Kobe, Stockton- Mailman, Shaq-Wade, who knows....I'd love AUS to get some recognition in the NBA, perhaps they'd even move it to free-to-air tv? Perhaps just the Buck's games

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Mason will be in the starting lineup in no time, Nachbar has nothing on him and Im assuming Mason is on the bench until he figures out all the plays , roles/strengths/weaknesses of the team.

As for Bogut, he's been solid but it is early days yet cause its a damn long season with back to back games all the time. He's pulled down a shitload of boards but Nets and 76ers are not reknown for their boards these days. As for big things, I think he will be an all star in a couple of years but to compare him to Shaq/Kobe/Wade , Stock/Mailman is ridiculous lol.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Carter-Jefferson-Kidd is going to pwn so hard. They remind me of a fighter jet, a pilot in the middle with twin missiles on the side. =)

And Phoenix seems to be surviving well without the stud-amire.

And man i can't believe minnesota lost to clippers. They don't seem to be boucing back from last year's disaster...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)