The Official NBA thread 2005/2006 (1 Viewer)

taki999

HSC
Yeah...im getting sick of Kobe, 81 points..he such a hog of the ball. If it's someone who's to get the MVP i think it should be Wade or Nash.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Taki are you retarded? Getting sick of Kobe? Kobe deserves the MVP award. Im not a Kobe lover at all I love my Sonics but I recognise that Kobe is an outstanding player and is having a great season. To average 35 points a game means you will be hogging the ball but have you seen the Lakers roster? Who the hell else is gonna play? All they have is Kobe and LO. Mihm can have a good game as with Smush but the rest of the team is nothing without Kobe.

I hate it when people say how shit players like Kobe and AI are because they are ball hogs. To be honest, I dont lie either of the two players but they are both worthy of MVP honours this year. You all remember the greatest player to ever shoot a basketball, right? Micheal Jordan? Well if any one has actually ever watched him you will notice he is the greatest hog of all time. But what makes him so amazing is that he actually could carry a team to the playoffs with a very good Win % and win big playoff games.

So please, people, don't give me the bull shit about Kobe being a ball hog, he has to be on that team and when you have the skills he has, in all fairness, you should hog the ball a little. And in case you havent watched the Lakers this year, nobody brings a game home like Kobe. He is the best game closer in the league at the moment even wih all the focus on him he can make the big baskets.

As for Kobe's 81? Man, if you got a player with a hot hand you give them the ball, right? You say "Hey man keep shooting." Its what any team does, when someone is on fire you ride the hothand and thats what the lakers did. I dont know who your teams are but if your Star player scored 81 you would be pretty happy I'm sure.

I'm not trying to preach I just hate that the Kobe haters hate Kobe because he's a good player. Why don't people hate Jordan? He was the biggest hog of all time, more so than AI and Kobe so why does he get some much love? And please people don't think i'm trying to bag Jordan becasue he is my basketball icon, im just using him as an example.

Oh, and one last thing; Go Super Sonics. This season is over but i hope we lose all our games and get a good pick in the lottery. And the lottery 3 years from now will have a guy called OJ Mayo, don't know if anyone knows him but he is amazing and is the next 'MJ' or 'LBJ' apparently, but ive seen tape and the kid has amazing skills.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
They don't hate Jordan because they've never actually seen him play. They hear from people about his abilities etc, and you couldn't be more correct that Jordan hogs the ball just as much as Kobe if not more.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
One thing that Jordan did was make the players around him better players. Pippen, Longley, BJ Armstrong, Steve Kerr , Kukoc, they excelled with Jordan.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Kobe makes the players around him better too. But, just because the players around him arent scoring big numbers doesnt mean their not playing well. Points don't tell the whole story. You can be incredibally solid on offense and throwing the ball around etc. but you dont have to score 20+ points. Plus, the main reason Jordan could get the players around him so much better is because he had good leadership and alot of respect from his fellow bulls players. And that is something Kobe does have, but not to the same extent. Plus the fact that Jordan was continuously double and triple teamed (as Kobe is in 4th Q's) and that will always leave people with open J's

- L1n -

HSC
Yeh Kobe deserves MVP hands down, his outstanding these season. And regarding the Jordan makes everyone around hin better is only true to a certain extent, Scotty Pippen had the talent to be in the 50 greatest player of all time, with or without jordan as he proved in the 2 seasons jordan went off to play bball. Jordan was a ball hog at times. Kobe is pretty much ur modern day jordan, weather his equal or better in terms of BBall skills is debateble, everyone has their opinions. But one thing for sure, no Kobe = no Lakers simple as that.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Once LBJ develops his clutch game, it's over. he will be unstoppable.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Airness said:
LBJ > Kobe.
Like Copious said only IF LBJ can learn to shoot better from all ranges and down town. Until then LBJ is not better than Kobe. You cannot be the best (SG, SF) if you cant shoot a jumper consistently IMO.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
But LBJ does have a consistent jumper...=/ And he can shoot from all ranges and his 3 pointers have really improved...

Not to mention LBJ is averaging something like 30 7 7.

And he didn't rape anyone.

:eek:

- L1n -

HSC
LBJ has alot of seasons to go before he is better than kobe. Kobe is the modern day Michael Jordan. Rape has nothin to do with what he does on the courts. Leave personal life for the tabloids. (but damn kobe is a lostcase he cheated on his goddess wife?? nutcake)

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Many seasons?

But his stats and his team record is already better than kobes...

=O

taki999

HSC
Yeah...i so agree with airness, is james? The first time i saw LBJ shot a 3 i was like wa....*drops jaws* *scratchs head* so yeah...if only Lebron can improve his shooting outside the key. Airness that guy just loves Kobe..forget it..

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Airness said:
KG actually.
KG is a reals mans player. He is brilliant and I like him much more than LBJ and Kobe. As people I think Kobe seems like an ass and I think Lebron will be one of the same in time (I hope he can prove me wrong in that). But KG! He is a great guy and brings energy to the court. I just feel sorry for him because he is surrounded by below par role players who cant get it together so that KG can get that ring.

And despite Minnesotta saying they will never trade KG anyone think they might actually do it? KG says he doesnt want to leave but I wouldnt blame him if he did. But I think he's got to much heart to leave the T-Wolves.

And to Taki. I already covered the fact I dont like Kobe. I was just defending a good player when everyone would bash him. I don't doubt LBJ will be better than him in time its just my opinion that he's not better than him at this moment. And better numbers don't always tell the story. Like Rebounds? LBJ is bigger than Kobe and Kobe plays Way more guard time than LBJ so its harder to get rebounds at guard.

Anyway, I dont really think LBJ or Kobe are the two best players in the league at the moment. I'm afraid its got to be Desmond Mason!...... I wish

- L1n -

HSC
lol Desmond Mason, i remeber that dude i thought he will turn out to be a fairly good player, turns out he sucks but dunking.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
KG recently put up 28 ( think) points, 16 rebounds, 7 assists, 7 blocks.

What a beast.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Only 2 players in the league that can do that is KG and AK47, they are animals!

anyway LBJ just dropped another triple double. I dont even think he's turned 21 :s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)