The Official NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Predictions from Storm vs Eagles and Eels vs Cowboys?

Storm by 2.
Cowboys by 6.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Manly look goooooone this match (possibly this season eh).

They've lost their flair in attack, and with origin around the corner i don't see an easy path to recovery this season.

blue_chameleon

HSC
Manly look goooooone this match (possibly this season eh).

They've lost their flair in attack, and with origin around the corner i don't see an easy path to recovery this season.
With Manly just having 5 consecutive sets with the ball deep in the Melbourne half and not scoring, I think the evidence there is obvious.

That said, there is always time for them to improve it, but they'd be playing catch up for a while.

Probably hurting them more confidence wise than on the ladder though.

Roy9

HSC
Are they even televising the Raiders vs Panthers game on Fox?.... The viewer's choice option isn't up for me.

EDIT: Oh lol, the game's on at 7.30..... Could've sworn I read somewhere it was at 5.30

Last edited:

bheck7

Don't shoot the messenger
HSC
ohmygosh blackout at the game last night. I got SOAKED.

blue_chameleon

HSC
So what does everyone make of Matthew Johns being brought back into the headlights?

Personally, if he said he was sorry shortly after the event, which happened 7 years ago, then I don't see the issue. Of course, the other players have never been mentioned, and so he is the 'scapegoat' given his position and status in the NRL with commentary and coaching/consulting roles.

the act itself is definitely 'indefensible' as Gallop has stated, although I think it's a bit rich to drag Johns through the media over this again, when the girl involved hadn't made noise over it for so long after.

Thoughts?

brades

HSC
So what does everyone make of Matthew Johns being brought back into the headlights?

Personally, if he said he was sorry shortly after the event, which happened 7 years ago, then I don't see the issue. Of course, the other players have never been mentioned, and so he is the 'scapegoat' given his position and status in the NRL with commentary and coaching/consulting roles.

the act itself is definitely 'indefensible' as Gallop has stated, although I think it's a bit rich to drag Johns through the media over this again, when the girl involved hadn't made noise over it for so long after.

Thoughts?
i agree.. it seems stupid that all this has come out now, especially when matt johns is so famous compared to all the other people involved, who she does "not remember". Was she payed for the four corners interview?

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
Soo, Sharks put up a decent fight in the first half, then pitter away and eventually crumble towards the end, in no doubt one of their most important games ever. What happens now? Are they already too far in the red, or can they make a resurgence?

Hornby

Banned
HSC
^Simple Answer: They're completely fucked

Here's my Top 8 come finals time since we're nearing the half way mark. The bold are who I think will be playing for grand final spots.

Bulldogs
Dragons
Knights
Broncos

Penrith
Melbourne
Tigers
Titans

Mozza91

HSC
The Knights were fuckin useless today we took them lightly and they made us pay big time

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Brian Smith's off to the Roosters next year. Bye-bye Freddie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)