The Official NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Well even though the club were refusing to admit anything, I knew Smith wouldn't last the season.

Great job he did with signing elsewhere mid-season. Just another reason why it should be banned.

Hornby

Banned
HSC
anyone see the Raiders vs Dragons game..

geez that was a spiteful game
That was a top notch game of footy, Dragons slackened off for that 15 minute period mid way through the second half and that was all she wrote

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
Excellent match between the Broncos and the Titans.
yes, the team with more finals experience won in the end, but Titans showed that they are a force in the NRL. :blah:

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
I want to go out on the town tonight wearing my bulldogs shirt... but this being Newcastle i'd probably get in a fight.

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
I want to go out on the town tonight wearing my bulldogs shirt... but this being Newcastle i'd probably get in a fight.
don't worry cuz, i'll back you up with Moey from Bankstown

HSC
Thats BS!, bloody reffs. need to learn how to referee, all the penalties that went against Titans were so soft (omg, that lockyer penalty..), and unfortunatly they led to tries. but the major downside was the loss in momentum for the titans and all the extra tackles we had to make. But we could've won the game if we had done somethin productive with those final two kicks before the taylor intercept. However we have made it through to the second week luckily due to other results. Hopefuly, we can make it a win in our next game.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Eels pretty much hammered the Titans. Now hopefully the Broncos win against the Dragons.

Hornby

Banned
HSC
What a fucking shit performance, Way to choke on schedule.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Go ze Eels.
Eels vs Bulldogs this Fri. Hopefully, Bulldogs will get thrashed.

Last edited:

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
I've said it from about a month back, but i'm still tipping a storm vs eels final

Hayne vs Slater. Battle of the fullbacks. The grand finals rookie vs the 3-time grand finals veteran. NSW winger vs QLD fullback (well, they should've both been at fullback imo). It's on.

Roy9

HSC
Shit finals system... no way should the minor premiers have to travel away to the 6th place side in the 2nd week nor should the 3rd place side have to travel away to 8th. The AFL system is much, much better

(I'm a Raiders fan by the way)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Also the Broncos vs. Storm match is in Melbourne on the day of the AFL grand final. They should really plan the matches better.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
PIty Dave Taylor is moving to the rabbitohs. :(
yeh, exactly, as everyone describes him as the 'RUNNING TRUCK'.

far-out Brisbane always sell their top players, and yet they still challenge for Finals Football.

eg. Stagg, Hannant, Ennis (NOW Bulldogs..); Civoniceva (Panthers..); Hunt to AFL, the list goes on.

yer8899

HSC
yeh, exactly, as everyone describes him as the 'RUNNING TRUCK'.

far-out Brisbane always sell their top players, and yet they still challenge for Finals Football.

eg. Stagg, Hannant, Ennis (NOW Bulldogs..); Civoniceva (Panthers..); Hunt to AFL, the list goes on.

its because lockyer is a demigod

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Also the Broncos vs. Storm match is in Melbourne on the day of the AFL grand final. They should really plan the matches better.
i don't see how 'planning the matches better' could avoid that. the 3rd week of finals always overlaps with the AFL GF, and if the storm have a home final that weekend then that's the way the cookie crumbles. (it couldn't be played on the friday night because etihad stadium, which is the only stadium the NRL accepts for finals matches in melb, was already booked for some shitty lower-grade AFL final.)

anyhow, jesus christ the tickets are expensive for canterbury/parra this friday. apparently the NRL's seen a chance to cash in on a high-profile match.. i'm going to have to get seats way up in the lower stratosphere if i don't want to cut into my rent money. shame :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)