The Official "Opening Ceremony" & "Day One and Two" Thread. (3 Viewers)

mz_rxy

hey guys, does ne1 know when tennis is on...newayz what sports will uz be bothered to watch over the next two weeks

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Tommy_Lamp said:
oh, and i love DJ Tiesto so I was stoked :D
is he greek?

i'll be watching the swimming religiously, a bit of the athletics and then whatever else is on at the times when i don't feel like doing work

Mike iE

HSC
Tommy_Lamp said:
when marion jones and tim montgomery (suspiciously) came 5th and 7th respectively in their previously world record breaking event, the 100m
Montgomery - fair enough he's on the roids, but Marion Jones was coming back from a baby and the US Trials are so cutthroat i dont think she is on the juice.

Kenteris is finally gone now they have a Human Growth Hormone test, hes been dodgy for years - never competing outside of Greece and have a history of avoiding tests.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
didnt he win gold lol...wasnt the story he was gonna light the flame? must have been some fast shoe shuffle at the end to change the order and stuff...

Mike iE

HSC
Tommy - i know he competed in sydney, he only turns up to the Worlds and Olympics, never the Grand Prix and Golden Leagues - i hope he isn't on drugs, because i dont want to see the sport disgraced, but all signs point to him being on something. The motorbike story sounds like the worst case scenario plan to go to when they have to dodge it..
I was in the stadium when he won gold in 2000, i had no idea who he was

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
ok, i get ya, i thought u meant that he never swam outside greece :D

yer he does look a bit shady
ooh and that motorbike story seems to have gone out the window, they checked out the bike he reportedly crashed was in perfect condition :p

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
Tommy_Lamp said:
ok, i get ya, i thought u meant that he never swam outside greece :D
did he ever swim in greece?

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Awesome Opening Ceremony

I was thinking "hmm, maybe this IS better than our games" - but with a meh lighting of the cauldron, I thought otherwise.

Awesome Touches:

*Two Lovers :D

*Historic Timeline Piece

*Video Presentations

*The Opening Drums bit fricken ROCKED my effing world! Especially when the guy steps into the water...WOW!

*Bjork - weird. Was it English? She cant speek greek...and it wouldnt have been Icelandic....just, weird. But hey, i got so excited when i saw her :D Too bad she was the ONLY music performer, compared to the plethora Australia had...but the Greek Organisers DID say that.

*DJ!!!

*How awesome was the man running through the track "1896...Athens...1900.....and then the dramatic stop...World. War. One"

*Iraq getting the second biggest roar from the crowd (behind el la greeca) - that was weird.

*The things in the air..YAY!

That. Is. All.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Silverstone said:
*How awesome was the man running through the track "1896...Athens...1900.....and then the dramatic stop...World. War. One"
The first thing I thought was "Aha, he just made an ass of himself", but then they said "WW1" and I thought wow, that's so appropriate. and true. the whole falling down thing so wonderfully symbolic.

chepas

HSC
Silverstone said:
23:00 The Dream with Roy and H.G.
Roy and H.G. Nelson, direct from the front deck of home base in Athens Central, peer behind the facade of sport and probe the miracle that is Greece.
Ah yes. Can't wait for Roy and HG to start again :D

LONG LIVE FATSO!!!!

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Lundy said:
The first thing I thought was "Aha, he just made an ass of himself", but then they said "WW1" and I thought wow, that's so appropriate. and true. the whole falling down thing so wonderfully symbolic.

And the second time...with the flag - such respect. :(

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
is the fat arsed wombat back?!?!

petria, i hope, is heading for a gold
thorpe swam a bit slow in the heats, maybe he wasn't tiring himself out for the big one tonight?

but did anyone realise that while thorpe looked like he was swimming a training session, calmly, the others next to him were thrashing around!

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
yeah, thats how thorpe usually looks. he just glides through the water, making it look so easy. klim, on the otherhand, has the sloppiest stroke.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
ezzy85 said:
yeah, thats how thorpe usually looks. he just glides through the water, making it look so easy. klim, on the otherhand, has the sloppiest stroke.
yeo, i haven't noticed klim, i'll look out for that, thorpe always amazes me, 4.5 hrs left...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)