The Official VB One Day Tri-Series Thread (1 Viewer)

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
matt#1 said:
Last night Michael Clarke won the Allan Border Medal, with Symonds named one-day player of the year and Martyn named Test player of the year.

I'm really happy for Clarke and recognise that he has been in brilliant form both in the one-day and test sides, but I think Damien Martyn would have been a more worthy recipient this year. Not only has he scored 6 test centuries this year, but he has also played brilliantly in the one-day games and scored more test runs than any other Australian this year. He has also turned his career around this year after nearly being dropped for his dismal performances in the previous year.

No it was Justin Langer who scored the most runs in the year - the most in the world! (some 1400)
As for Marto, yeh he was a touch unlucky considering he hasn't much time left in his career (compared to MC), but I suppose a lot of his runs came in games where other players scored the runs as well. Eg, scoring 105 when the team scores 580.
I used to hate marto cause he always used to score runs when you didn't need him to - when the team is winning and not in those pressure situations. He has showed since (the India series) then to be a very classy and mentally tough batsman, worthy of the test player of the year.
But in both forms, over the year, Clarke was the better player - with the bat, with the ball, and in the field.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
excuse the ignorance, but the allan border medal is based on what, one days, tests or both?

i strongly believe australia did not reallly want towin teh game a few nights ago, theyd rather have pakis in the final than windies(ESPECIALLY after that pak v windies game in adelaide where lara was on fire), but i think the pakis and windies r sort of level now

pakis vs windies today looks like a descent shaping up rite now, pakis r consolidating...

IamaFloorMat

HSC
N/A
omfg

Pakistan made so many mistakes in the field and they still won....

And we had so many chances to run them out ..

and now im watching WI VS PAK

and its the same bloody story haha ... Pakistan have scored 307 because of so many missed run-out opportunities

amazing..... inconsistency to the max.. i mean its not that Pakistan are a bad side, its just they have so many individual performers and they dont seem to amalgamate as a team...

Last edited:

firehose

HSC
yea and lack of commitment.... damn so dissapointed that shoaib akhtar had to go home early... but i luv shahid afridi's sixes though, man that guy hits it far!

windies have real chance of winning tonite but theyve lost lara

Pace Setter

Never bet for the favourite in an (relatively)inconsequential match...when Pakistan's involved.

ishq

brown?
HSC
hmmmm...
Pak vs Aus
I wonder who will win?

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
i hope the aus selecters drop hayden for the match, hes batting so bdly right now, with only Hogg and McGrath having worse averages for the series in the side, thats pretty bad. I know hes a great batsen whenin form, but hes not, and coming out and playing crap everytime is not gonna help[ him ge any better

firehose

HSC
the other one gettin bad publicity is andrew symonds...

i suppose the most closest finals result will be 2-1... Pakistan winning even one match would be a suprise to all despite their previous two victories. i reckon pakistan players have a habit of falling off their perch right when they've reach the top.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
angelduck said:
i hope the aus selecters drop hayden for the match, hes batting so bdly right now, with only Hogg and McGrath having worse averages for the series in the side, thats pretty bad. I know hes a great batsen whenin form, but hes not, and coming out and playing crap everytime is not gonna help[ him ge any better
You could also argue Gilchrist (ave = 19.25) and Symonds (14.80) need to go though if you only consider averages

matt#1

HSC
N/A
acmilan said:
You could also argue Gilchrist (ave = 19.25) and Symonds (14.80) need to go though if you only consider averages
surely you don't think they should go? Gilchrist's average of 19.25 is not that bad for the one-day game...and often these runs are valuable because they are scored very quickly. Gilchrist also undertakes the wicket-keeping duties and is therefore an integral part of the team.

Symonds is admittedly having a bad time at the moment, but you only have to go back as far as his one-day player of the year awrd the other night to see that he is also an integral part of the team when on top of his game.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
not to mention he is insane in the field.
he also has an exceptional batting strike rate and can bowl useful spin or medium pace deliveries. In my opinion, he is the complete one-day player.

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
acmilan said:

Gilchrist also keeps.
Symonds also bowls.
Hayden doesn't do either, and of late, doesnt bat either.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Tell ya what

Watching the final right now , we are lucky not to be 2 down, that lbw against Gilchrist ( i think) looked plum to me...

but LoL the overthrow afterwards was gold!! :D

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Australia is 3 down...and things aren't looking too good at the moment. Hopefully Symonds has a big innings today.

ishq

brown?
HSC
Aussies pulled through.
Again.
Surprise Surprise.

Nice first spell for Lee...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)