The Official VB One Day Tri-Series Thread (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
umm they did get hammed batting wise.... australia got hammered too, but they got hammered more.
215 or whatever it was they ended up on... really isn't that much.

ishq

brown?
HSC
Hey!...someone bowled the Aussies out!
I think the Pakis deserve a pat on the back for that....

Pace Setter

Compared with modern-day ODI scoring rates, yes. The point I raised originally, was that, compared to India last year (who were hammered on the overall scorecard), and England the year before, Pakistan made a decent game of it-they were in with some sort of chance for the most part. The contrast here with scorecards of the last two years at the ground (in the final) is (a bit) startling.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Pace Setter said:
Compared with modern-day ODI scoring rates, yes. The point I raised originally, was that, compared to India last year (who were hammered on the overall scorecard), and England the year before, Pakistan made a decent game of it-they were in with some sort of chance for the most part. The contrast here with scorecards of the last two years at the ground (in the final) is (a bit) startling.
It is a bit startling, but it is also good for the game in my opinion. There is nothing wrong with a bit of healthy competition once in a while.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
New Zealand should come here again, they r a great ODI side and i regret not watching them...pakistan did well and theyve improved heaps,..after Inzy got out i knew it was gonna b downill from there

IamaFloorMat

HSC
N/A
lol , well that was Pakistan's opportunity

237 is nothing really these days...

they seem to have a big problem with surviving teh first 15 overs

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
yeh top order is shit thats y...salman hasnt performed of late

slip

HSC
NZ were just here. Is the chapell-hadlee series an annual thing?

next world cup is 2007 i think australia is gonna be in trouble. gilly will be 35 no offence to haddin but he is not nearly as good as gilly. McGrath is getting old now except for clarke i think the team will all be between 31-36, and i dont think there are that many obvious replacements coming through

ishq

brown?
HSC
How old will Sachin and Lara be by then?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Supra said:
New Zealand should come here again, they r a great ODI side and i regret not watching them...pakistan did well and theyve improved heaps,..after Inzy got out i knew it was gonna b downill from there
If you have cable tv you will see Aus vs New Zealand this month, i think England may be coming down too. The first ever Twenty20 international match will be played between NZ and Aus also! I cant wait.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
yeh i dont have foxtel i used to but parents took it off coz no one watched it, and the india aus series in india back in 2001 had just finished at that time...my friend has foxtel and i think most bars and shit wud have foxtel so it wudnt b bad watching it ova there

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
slip said:
NZ were just here. Is the chapell-hadlee series an annual thing?

next world cup is 2007 i think australia is gonna be in trouble. gilly will be 35 no offence to haddin but he is not nearly as good as gilly. McGrath is getting old now except for clarke i think the team will all be between 31-36, and i dont think there are that many obvious replacements coming through

Expect an exodus-type retirement run AFTER the 2007 WC. The cup should still be ours. Most players are setting the cup as their goal.
I just hope the next generation are ready to be thrusted into the side, cause there'll be quite a few.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
ishq said:
How old will Sachin and Lara be by then?
Theyd probably be around the same age but would probably last longer as they dont have the extra body stress of bowling or wicket keeping that players like Gilchrist and McGrath have

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Lol pakistan is gone

Afridi's wicket looked a bit suss to me and to tell u the truth i thought the benefit of the doubt always goes to the batsman in situations like this????

think that was a bit of a bad call...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)