The Pay Thread (1 Viewer)

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
17, Maccas, $12.50 per hour

Would like another job as well, so I only have to work at that...(word here) place one day a week.

joshhunt

HSC
how odd. As a 17 yo, I got $12.75 and hour. I just turned 18, so I don't know what my rate is now...

oh-em-gee

HSC
There has been a recent increase in Maccas wages... although it's not much, it's now above the minimum wage. I encourage you all to spend the five buck or so to join the union, you get heaps of benefits and it will only help your wage in the long run.

Hypermelon

HSC
There has been a recent increase in Maccas wages... although it's not much, it's now above the minimum wage. I encourage you all to spend the five buck or so to join the union, you get heaps of benefits and it will only help your wage in the long run.
Less than $1?

frauelize

HSC
^^^ congrats!! I work at the uni, they pay me $28 ph. Only work on holidays though... not so much during the semester. should get a second job :S

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
The SDA is the most toothless union I've ever come across. That being said, I'm looking into becoming a member.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
$15 an hour in piece of shit retail. was supposed to get a pay rise for turning 18 but for some reason i'm not. I'm actually getting payed about 20 cents below the award minimum, but because of some bullshit collective agreement they conned us into signing, they're allowed to do it. I also love it how senior employees do the EXACT same work as me but get payed more.

So from now on if i'm gonna get pro-rata pay rates, i'm going to put in pro-rata effort and do a pro-rata amount of work.

greyworld

HSC
hey guys, i'm 16 and i'm wondering who would pay more, maccas or hungry jacks? also around how much do coles and safeway pay? thanks! :)

xMaNx

HSC
imo coles/safeway would pay more, not sure about how much tho

niloony

HSC
Getting $14 per hour at swimart i'm 18. Get paid 8 hours no matter what but normally work 9 especially if my boss insists on going through every purchase individually if the till doesn't balance -.-.

Ah well OH&S is more of an issue than pay there. Had a bit of plastic hit me hard just above my eye when fixing a cleaner (Boss told me to toughen up when i asked for goggles) a coworker got a chest infection from a dirty filter and i get far too much chlorine on myself...

Chloe238

HSC
even though no one has posted since 2010... hahaha

for everyone talking about how wage is based on age. I completely agree that it is unfair, and so do all the unions as well considering its the exact same work, but the only reason no one has tried to fight it because if everyone was given the same basic wage, no teenages would get hired. One of the reason we get so many casual work is because we are cheaper to pay then the 35 yr old mother going back to work who has already had more experience within the workforce.

ClassOf2013

HSC
How much does KFC pay for a 16 year old? Just applied there. I know it's a sh!t place to work, but it seems there are literally no jobs anywhere else in my area.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Getting paid $8 and i'm 15... haha that's so shit.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Getting paid $8 and i'm 15... haha that's so shit.
You may think that's quite low (it is) but in the long-run, the experience you build up after working from a young age will do you well when looking for more lucrative jobs. You will most likely find that a lot of your fellow classmates (who are not working) will be making less than you as new entrants in the labour market.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)