The Pay Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
how much should an 18-year-old in retail working 23 or so hours a week earn per hour?

rooeys2

i like to laugh =)
HSC
does anyone know whats the casual pay rate at big w for a 19year old? im currently on probation, so would there be an increase after probationary period? iv looked at the stores agreement but it confused me alittle bit so i thought id clarify. thanks!

HSC
does anyone know whats the casual pay rate at big w for a 19year old? im currently on probation, so would there be an increase after probationary period? iv looked at the stores agreement but it confused me alittle bit so i thought id clarify. thanks!
Yeah there is, its only small though, about 50c or something.

rooeys2

i like to laugh =)
HSC
Yeah there is, its only small though, about 50c or something.
oh ok thanks, but whats the actual casual payrate for 19 year old? im getting about 13.10/hr but il be turning 19 next week

kirbflare

HSC
18 yo non probabtion casual is 13.67
19 yo non probation casual is 16.20
19 yo non prob pt is 13.50

i never got the probation pay :/ they made a big deal about it at induction and all but i always got the standard pay hmm strange

rooeys2

i like to laugh =)
HSC
18 yo non probabtion casual is 13.67
19 yo non probation casual is 16.20
19 yo non prob pt is 13.50

i never got the probation pay :/ they made a big deal about it at induction and all but i always got the standard pay hmm strange
oh really? they didnt tell us about probational payrate at induction, maybe there isnt one? hm il have a look next time when i get pay slip

Tragesty

HSC
Hey guys,

I worked on Sunday evening (4-9) and wrote down my shifts on the paper for my department as I'm still new, so no finger scanner for me just yet. Problem is, I remember talking to a new guy there and probably got distracted and not sure if I wrote the right hours. I remember signing it, and writing hours, not sure if I actually wrote the correct hours though.

Does this mean they legally don't have to pay me? I'm aware if I don't sign in they don't but if I accidently wrote the wrong hours, can they not pay me?

HSC
Hey guys,

I worked on Sunday evening (4-9) and wrote down my shifts on the paper for my department as I'm still new, so no finger scanner for me just yet. Problem is, I remember talking to a new guy there and probably got distracted and not sure if I wrote the right hours. I remember signing it, and writing hours, not sure if I actually wrote the correct hours though.

Does this mean they legally don't have to pay me? I'm aware if I don't sign in they don't but if I accidently wrote the wrong hours, can they not pay me?
They will correct it on adjustments.

Tragesty

HSC
Would the adjustment and thus the pay Im owed be given to me when it's adjusted, or the following weeks' pay? As in, if they fix the problem on a Monday, would the pay come through on Monday, or on the day I get payed weekly (Wednesday?). Thanks for the help :)

HSC
Would the adjustment and thus the pay Im owed be given to me when it's adjusted, or the following weeks' pay? As in, if they fix the problem on a Monday, would the pay come through on Monday, or on the day I get payed weekly (Wednesday?). Thanks for the help :)
adjustments occur the next day, so you will typically be paid in the correct pay period.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
i KNOW that im getting paid below minimum for the award for my occupation
and theres nothing i can do about it because a few months ago our workplace voted for a new agreement which we THOUGHT was going to benefit all us employees
but instead we got new pay rates which are actually less than the award
but because we voted for it, it overrides the award so yeah

pretty unfair imo... we were told we would be getting paid more. but apparently not :mad:

HSC
i KNOW that im getting paid below minimum for the award for my occupation
and theres nothing i can do about it because a few months ago our workplace voted for a new agreement which we THOUGHT was going to benefit all us employees
but instead we got new pay rates which are actually less than the award
but because we voted for it, it overrides the award so yeah

pretty unfair imo... we were told we would be getting paid more. but apparently not :mad:
Can you make a complaint based on the fact that you weren't given accurate information before you were required to vote? I would ring the Workplace Ombudsman or something like that to get an idea.

And, now $14.95 at woolies. I now earn more than double what I did when I started there :jaw:

Virelai

HSC
16, Target, $10.26 p/h

Better than a lot of my friends who work at KFC, Bakers Delight etc. Plus I get time and a half on Sundays but I don't think I'll be getting many of those shifts considering I just started.

MissMadiD

HSC
18 year old working at safeway, anyone know what the pay would be like?
I have an interview there on Monday

I'm currently at safeway and earning about $13/hour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)