the pill (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Born Dancer said:
how much is yaz?
errr like $20 a month or something?

Espensive, but doc recommended it for good skin and minimal side effects.

Haven't bothered picking up the script yet.

magchem07

Open Up!
HSC
guys I need help,

I've never been on the pill before and planning to start.Can any one tell me how long before sex do in need to take and start my pill to give me a protection?

thanks

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
magchem07 said:
guys I need help,

I've never been on the pill before and planning to start.Can any one tell me how long before sex do in need to take and start my pill to give me a protection?

thanks
Your doctor will explain it. But basically you need to use another form of contraception in addition to the pill for 2 weeks or so after you start (and if you really don't want to get pregnant you should probably be trying to do that all the time anyway). Don't forget to take the pills, and preferably at the same time every day or close to it. :)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
housah0lic said:
so i have a strange problem

i never took the white pills so i could skip my period. however, it came anyway. it stayed for 2 weeks. i continued taking the pill as per normal before deciding a couple of days ago i should stop taking the pill and see what happens.
today i got my period again, heavy flow.

was that breakthrough bleeding or fucking what cos it was like a normal, light period for 2 weeks straight.
Didn't see this, all ok now?
You only started just recently hey (wow that's really creepy that I remember that haha)? Because I'm just wondering if maybe your body needs to become more dependent on the pill before you start playing around with cycles. I didn't even think of skipping periods for like a year after I started and it was fine. Only once I bled (ridiculously lightly) for a week or so because apparently I was really stressed (and once i went on the white pills to let my body do it's thing, I was fine again).

*Buttercup*

HSC
housah0lic said:
so i have a strange problem

i never took the white pills so i could skip my period. however, it came anyway. it stayed for 2 weeks. i continued taking the pill as per normal before deciding a couple of days ago i should stop taking the pill and see what happens.
today i got my period again, heavy flow.

was that breakthrough bleeding or fucking what cos it was like a normal, light period for 2 weeks straight.
This happened the first time I used the pill to skip a period. I asked my doctor about it and he said it meant I needed a stronger pill.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
em_516 said:
Didn't see this, all ok now?
You only started just recently hey (wow that's really creepy that I remember that haha)? Because I'm just wondering if maybe your body needs to become more dependent on the pill before you start playing around with cycles. I didn't even think of skipping periods for like a year after I started and it was fine. Only once I bled (ridiculously lightly) for a week or so because apparently I was really stressed (and once i went on the white pills to let my body do it's thing, I was fine again).
ah yeh i stopped for a while
i just started on diane a few days ago

so i'll wait and see, i guess.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I took yasmin for a month and i had a period the whole time. besides that i didnt really have any other side effects though. my main concern is i dont want to put on weight. i just switched to levlen a week ago and i hate it. i dont have the constant period but i feel really depressed for no reason. i am snapping at the drop of a hat and i am starting to get pimples when my skin is normally fine. i swear i am more hungry as well. im going to stick with it for a few weeks to see if it goes away.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Started yaz today.

Fuck it was expensive. $31 for a MONTH pack.

BUTTT monofeme made me break out and become a raging PMS beast and I really don't want that so we'll see how we go with this one.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
yasmin was 31 a pack? goodness i paid like 32 for 4 months

i'm a bit worried to be on diane. apparently it's not very good in the long run, e.g. when you get off it acne hits back so much worse [and i don't even have acne!]

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah I knowww eh. Monofeme was $20 for 4 months.

But all my pimples are hormonal, so I'm paying for clear skin.

rozymisty

HSC
I may have endometrious... I went in for a colonscopy today coz the past 6wks ive been having abdo cramps adn stuff...totally not period pain.

The test showed that i have partial inflammation and the colorectal guy says i may have endo...god i hope not! howerver, I had a pelvic ultrasound and that was all normal so i have no idea whats going on

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Is anyone on Loette? I don't see it mentioned as much as the others, apparently it's a low dosage.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
how important is it to stick to the time when you take the pill? I want to change to an hour earlier in the evening cos i have started going to sleep earlier..will it be fine if i wait til this cycle finishes then change the time

i'm going travelling next month, i know i will always forget to take it then too.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Depends on the pill. Some have 12 hour windows, some have 3 hour windows. 1 hour shouldn't make a difference.

The info in the box usually tells you.

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
Can someone help me with this - they say that all the pills are the same (Dianne, Estelle, etc) and yet they (a) cost different amounts and (b) are recommended for different problems. But they're similar enough for pharmacists to allow you to buy one when the prescription says another.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Marmalade. said:
Can someone help me with this - they say that all the pills are the same (Dianne, Estelle, etc) and yet they (a) cost different amounts and (b) are recommended for different problems. But they're similar enough for pharmacists to allow you to buy one when the prescription says another.
who told you this?
Different pills have different amounts of active ingredient in them, some are 21 day, some are 28 day, they are not all the same...

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Marmalade. said:
Some pills like Diane also have a generic equivalent with a different name e.g. Juliet, Brenda, which are exactly the same thing but cheaper. If your doctor has prescribed a particular Pill the only way I'd imagine a pharmacist would give you a "different" one is if its the generic version, but idk, I've always been insistent on getting exactly what's on the slip.

All pills work as contraceptives regardless of their other functions. Most pills will also have broadly the same general common side effects such as - boobs growing, your skin may improve, bla bla bla, basically all the side effects that are listed in the box would be more or less the same no matter what Pill.

Some pills are prescribed especially for certain things e.g. skin (Diane and I think a couple others)...I'm not sure exactly what the deal is here, AFAIK most Pills have more or less the same ingredients but there are a few different hormone combinations you can get that I assume would do different things. Also there are different strengths/doses of hormones, some are low dosage (levlen etc), others a bit higher (diane) and so on

Hope that helps a bit, it's a bit confusing personally I just tell my doctor what's going on with my body and trust her to fix it, cbf working it out on my own

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah I might ask the doc if there's something cheaper I can go on that'll keep my skin pretty.

Because yaz is hideously expensive.

BOOO

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
scarybunny said:
Yeah I might ask the doc if there's something cheaper I can go on that'll keep my skin pretty.

Because yaz is hideously expensive.

BOOO
are yaz and yasmin the same thing?

because yasmin only costs ~ $60 - $70 for 3 months which is a still a little pricey but better than what you were paying and = awesome skin (so far)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)