the pill (1 Viewer)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Yeah I'm on yaz which is like $70 for 3 months (from chemist warehouse, which is the cheapest place I've found them).

So skipping sugar pills gets pricey.

I do like what yaz has done for my skin, but if seasonique has similar effects I wouldn't mind 4 periods a year.
i was on yasmin, and i just skipped my period until the end of every box. i am on yaz now and taking it normally with the four weeks of active tablets but it screwed up my body so that i had this massive withdrawal bleed and my skin turned terrible.

i could never quite work out the price difference but i don't want to keep swapping. yasmin is $20 a month and yaz is even more like you mentioned.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
i've been on Norimin for about nine months and whilst it's controlling my periods and preventing me from falling pregnant, my mood swings are exceptionally erratic and i get terrible cramps to the point where i feel like someone is carving out my uterus with a small spoon and that i might vomit. my moods swings are that bad even my boyfriend has noticed that they get worse and worse each time.

so, as soon as i can, i plan on changing my dosage or completely changing the brand. i'm sick of the side effects!
wow. that's why i'm on the pill. to stop that.

go to your doctor and change!!!!!!

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Maybe when my script runs out I'll ask for a cheaper one eh. See what they can do for me.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Girls, does Yasmin fuck with a womens sex drive?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Girls, does Yasmin fuck with a womens sex drive?
Entirely possible. The pill in general flattens out hormone production, so you don't get the manic spikes of increased hormones (i.e. temporarily increased sex drive).

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Sounds like Resperidal.

The GF is not going to like that.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
yasmin has 3mg Drospirenone and 30µg Ethinyloestradiol, so i'm assuming that the Drospirenone is what makes it more expensive.
Drospirenone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yeahh i'm surprised too that there isn't a generic brand. oh well, i'm on it for medical reasons so mum pays for it =]].
Your assumption is wrong, Yasmin is still patent protected in Australia.

Edit: Infact depending on the composition of the pill, from what I can tell, Yasmin expires in 2025 and Yaz in 2029. So yeah...

Last edited:

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Your assumption is wrong, Yasmin is still patent protected in Australia.

Edit: Infact depending on the composition of the pill, from what I can tell, Yasmin expires in 2025 and Yaz in 2029. So yeah...
yeah i guessed that that was why there wasn't a generic brand.

then what makes yasmin so much more expensive than the other 'brand' pills?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
What melsc said, and since it is patent protected Bayer can charge more since they don't have to compete with other pills with the same active compounds.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
What melsc said, and since it is patent protected Bayer can charge more since they don't have to compete with other pills with the same active compounds.
ahh i get what you're trying to say.

i think i need a new one if it's not getting any cheaper until 2025(ish) haha, thanks :).

SairsyFairy

HSC
Well I'm on the Implanon, and its fantastic.

Cost me $30 for 3 years, and I've had no side effects, and I no longer get cramps or my period.

Fun xD

dior1

HSC
N/A
is this correct..
I'm going on the pill next week, my period is actually overdue as it is so who knows when it will come. But i want to have sex in about 2 weeks.
If i start taking the pill first thing next week when I'm NOT on my period, do i just have to take it for 7 days straight before it is effective for contraception??

Also, will taking it straight away prolong my period until i get to the sugar tablets?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
is this correct..
I'm going on the pill next week, my period is actually overdue as it is so who knows when it will come. But i want to have sex in about 2 weeks.
If i start taking the pill first thing next week when I'm NOT on my period, do i just have to take it for 7 days straight before it is effective for contraception??

Also, will taking it straight away prolong my period until i get to the sugar tablets?
The answer to both questions is to read the booklet that came with your pill packet. If you're still in any doubt, make sure you use a condom, better safe than pregnant.

I would venture to say that your period would be postponed, yes, but I haven't got my booklet handy so don't take my word for it

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
The answer to both questions is to read the booklet that came with your pill packet. If you're still in any doubt, make sure you use a condom, better safe than pregnant.

I would venture to say that your period would be postponed, yes, but I haven't got my booklet handy so don't take my word for it
+ 1.

Personally, when I first started I waited a month before relying on it on its own. I know I may be a little paranoid but you wont know how your body will react, some find it takes their body a while to adjust and if its not strong enough etc you don't want to find out the hard way.

Given the time frame I would use a condom, theres no need to rush, once your body is used to it you will have plenty of time to test it out ;)

The booklet and/or the doc who prescribed it is your safest bet for info

In terms of when to start taking it, mine suggested starting on your period. You should do whatever it says in the booklet, I know people who tried taking it at other times and while it was effective they felt a bit gross considering they were messing with their hormones. The way you are suggesting WOULD prolong your period, unless the packet suggests this you might feel a little off for the first few weeks as you're messing a bit with ur cycle. I can't remember but I think it effects people less if its taken at the beginning of or end of your period....

One benefit, your periods will become rather regular.

Oh and to get the best info telling people which pill you are taking may help, especially as you may find someone on here is on the same one. (This is not subsitute for medical advice). I am on Levlen ED

Last edited:

dior1

HSC
N/A
+ 1.

Personally, when I first started I waited a month before relying on it on its own. I know I may be a little paranoid but you wont know how your body will react, some find it takes their body a while to adjust and if its not strong enough etc you don't want to find out the hard way.

Given the time frame I would use a condom, theres no need to rush, once your body is used to it you will have plenty of time to test it out ;)

The booklet and/or the doc who prescribed it is your safest bet for info

In terms of when to start taking it, mine suggested starting on your period. You should do whatever it says in the booklet, I know people who tried taking it at other times and while it was effective they felt a bit gross considering they were messing with their hormones. The way you are suggesting WOULD prolong your period, unless the packet suggests this you might feel a little off for the first few weeks as you're messing a bit with ur cycle. I can't remember but I think it effects people less if its taken at the beginning of or end of your period....

One benefit, your periods will become rather regular.

Oh and to get the best info telling people which pill you are taking may help, especially as you may find someone on here is on the same one. (This is not subsitute for medical advice). I am on Levlen ED
Thankyou! We'll be using condoms too, just to be extra safe :)
My period is so irregular and i have no clue when it's going to come as it's already about 3 weeks overdue, i might just start the pills as soon as i get them, and i'll be safe as i won't be having sex for atleast 7 days anyways! Now just to get one that suits me and doesn't give me terrible side effects. each has their pros and cons i guess!

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i'm on my third packet of tablets in my second box of yaz, and i have been going through the exact same symptoms as last time to an absolute tee. Extreme nausea, headaches, oily skin, super cramps. Going to my doctor to get a script to go back on yasmin.

i do not mind paying the $55 a month, i was paying 80 with yaz and it's screwed me over severely. I would consider cheaper but the main reason i'm on the pill is for my skin and it worked wonders for me

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Thankyou! We'll be using condoms too, just to be extra safe :)
My period is so irregular and i have no clue when it's going to come as it's already about 3 weeks overdue, i might just start the pills as soon as i get them, and i'll be safe as i won't be having sex for atleast 7 days anyways! Now just to get one that suits me and doesn't give me terrible side effects. each has their pros and cons i guess!
Don't worry, most people don't have too much people finding one that suits.

dior1

HSC
N/A
Okay so i'm going to the docs early tomorroe morning, what on earth do i expect?!
Will i need to get a blood test to make sure im all good and well, and not pregnant of course? Anything else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)