the pill (1 Viewer)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
I used to get withdrawal headaches, turns out that it ended up being a hormonal imbalance (thyroid hormone) and now that I am on the right meds its much better. Withdrawal headaches do suck but before the pill I used to get them frequently throught the month.

If the new pill doesn't help maybe a few blood tests could check if its something else.

Best of luck with the switch sorry I don't know much about those pills.
yeah ive always been prone to headaches, and apparently the pill just made it worse. I dont really want to switch tablets again, yasmin is working a charm for my skin

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I find taking the nurofen early (or nurofen PLUS if its REALLY bad) helps, the later I take it the worse it is. Sometimes I can pre-empt it (I get naseous and then realise the headache is comming on). Best of luck with it, perhaps a different combo of hormones than those in Yaz and Yasmin?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
yeah ive always been prone to headaches, and apparently the pill just made it worse. I dont really want to switch tablets again, yasmin is working a charm for my skin
Could be that age is working a charm for your skin, just saying.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Could be that age is working a charm for your skin, just saying.
yeah i'm not sure. i started taking it when i was 19 and i still had problems by then because all my hormonaly things even getting taller didn't seem to hit me until i was 17/18. It just seemed like my skin almost instantly cleared up, i guess i would have to stop taking it to know the difference

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Depends what your skin/hormones were like to begin with tbh, I had pretty bad skin right up til I went on the pill at 19...it was worse when I was like 12 but it stayed pretty consistently crap. The Pill cleared my skin over a period of months and now I haven't had a zit in like half a year. Conclusion: yay for Yasmin

If you have reasonable skin to start with it would be harder to tell if it's just you getting older or the Pill helping.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Hey Cat, wherever you are, can you get your science on and find some information about switching between higher and lower dose pills? i've gone from yasmin to yaz (which from memory is going from 35mg to 20 but i could be wrong) because i was suffering mega withdrawal headaches. with yasmin i was having my period every 3 months but wasn't sure if my body would adjust straight away if i took inactive tablets after the first month

do you know anything about how quickly the body adjusts to taking new tablets including strains and strengths? for now i am taking yaz the same way i took yasmin because the thought of having 4 days to get my period instead of 7 scared me a bit. still waiting to see if it has effected my period in any way - the end of my 3 month gap is coming up in a couple of weeks..
Um. Well, I use a generic so the brand names mean very little to me (and probably to everyone else), so lets find out the formulations:

Yasmin - 30 µg ethinyl estradiol, 3000 µg drospirenone
Yaz - 20 µg ethinyl estradiol, 3000 µg drospirenone

Okay, so you've just basically dropped the ethest by 10. Changing from one pill to another is pretty easy in a case like this - you haven't changed any of the main formulations, just the dosage. I would, however, take it as indicated (i.e. 4 days to get a period) until your body gets used to it, and then you can start messing around with the dosage.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
This sucks.

I have been on my inactive tablets the last four days for the first time in three months (as i usually do) but with the new lower dose pill. Intense headaches, extreme nausea and super period pain even though I have only had pretty much a small withdrawal bleed until today - the last day of the sugar pills. My skin is worse than normal too.

I start a new packet tomorrow night, going to start taking it properly with my period once a month and see if this all settles down. If not, I'm going back to Yasmin

:(

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah, stick it out a bit longer incase you just need time to adjust otherwise go back to what works. I know they tend to be lower dose but I know a few people who have found Yaz or Yasmin made them feel worse than other pills with a different hormone combo that might be a higher dose!

Ksubi

HSC
i was on hte pill once...
It made my boobs go up two cup sizes....

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Yeah, stick it out a bit longer incase you just need time to adjust otherwise go back to what works. I know they tend to be lower dose but I know a few people who have found Yaz or Yasmin made them feel worse than other pills with a different hormone combo that might be a higher dose!
i was talking to the pharmacist last week when i went to get a new packet and she said that to try and take one packet at a time and see if that changes my headaches. if it didn't she suggested staying on the lower dose pill but switching back to every three months like i was doing with yasmin because that's what my body is used to.

though if i do decide to take it every three months and i feel as sick as i do now, im definitely switching back to the higher dose

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
wtf

my body is like, insisting on having a period

in the middle of a packet, why is this, i take it like a pro, on time and everything

fuck off, you have 2 weeks left until I run out so just deal with it, uterus.

Jaylee42003

HSC
I'm actually getting the Implanon inserted tomorrow. Is there anybody here who have/had it? If so, how did your body respond? Any severe side effects? No side effects? I appreciate your comments :)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I'm actually getting the Implanon inserted tomorrow. Is there anybody here who have/had it? If so, how did your body respond? Any severe side effects? No side effects? I appreciate your comments :)
You are getting something you have no knowledge about being inserted in your baby maker.

Thats just stupid.

Jaylee42003

HSC
You are getting something you have no knowledge about being inserted in your baby maker.

Thats just stupid.
Actually no. I've already been through the first stage of the process, gone through the who what when where why and how. I'm still looking to hear about some bosers experiences.
And it's not inserted in my 'baby maker' lol. It's inserted into my arm.
Now who's the stupid one.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Interesting article on why the Pill was created to emulate natural cycles (for religious reasons, not medical ones, if anyone's interested) and the possible health risks associated with emulating a "natural cycle" (12 periods a year, approx 400 a lifetime, being actually unatural).

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bal-op.reimer05oct05,0,3021817.column

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Interesting article on why the Pill was created to emulate natural cycles (for religious reasons, not medical ones, if anyone's interested) and the possible health risks associated with emulating a "natural cycle" (12 periods a year, approx 400 a lifetime, being actually unatural).

Pill inventor gave women protection but lost his religion -- baltimoresun.com
that was a really interesting read.

i wish i was on that one where you only have four periods a year. so much more convenient.

also brings light to the fact that when you're on the pill your period isn't a real menstrual bleeding, like society seems to think, and that the typical mould of the pill isn't necessarily the best one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)