the pill (1 Viewer)

rozymisty

HSC
haha yeah tell me about it! I was like what the hell is the point in loading more hormones into my body when they dont do anything really much?! But yeah the new gynaecologist im seeing, one who's on that MBF no-gap scheme so its nothing if i have to go to hospital, put me on a new pill..Norimin.

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
Wow, it sounds like a fair few people's mothers don't like them being on the pill. Mine encouraged it, since she was worried I'd end up pregnant, and pays for it as well.
I think I'm just lucky to have her.

rozymisty

HSC
lol well mine didnt want me going on it coz she thought i was being a hypocondriac and woudlnt believe that they were heavy and painful as, so yeah. And i guess being a Catholic didnt help the situation either...although she is on some sort of pill herself, she if she was using the 'its against the rules of the Church' exucuse, she wasnt practising what she preaches. lol.

Thats what i dont get, they expect people to just go without birth control and contraception in general, and so when they accidentlally get pregnant, the mother has to put up with the unexpected pregnancy and cant abort the pregnancy since abortion is a big no no! Its all just strange! But o well thats another whole big ethical debate..not for here lol.

Do you find though that when you havea period, some days it will start heavier and then over the day it will get lighter and then the next day, over night its gotten heavier and stuff?

sayrah64

HSC
rozymisty said:
Do you find though that when you havea period, some days it will start heavier and then over the day it will get lighter and then the next day, over night its gotten heavier and stuff?
yeah I have been on the pill for over a year and that still happens to me.. I have no idea why..

sayrah64

HSC
melsc said:
Does anyone find after a pill free week the first few days back on the pill you feel a bit ick?
yep, sometimes I still have cramps during that time too.

jager206

HSC
melsc said:
Hey guys, just wondering if this is normal
I've been on Levlen ED for three months.
The first period I had after a full cycle of pills was like my normal period
The second was a bit lighter but lasted as long as my normal period
but this period my third so far I only bled for about three days and now nothing at all which isnt normal...does that just mean my body has completely adjusted to the pill and is now having 'shorter, lighter periods'?
Tulipa said:
It's one of the many benefits of the pill :p
Wow you girls are lucky!
I've been on Levlen ED for about two years and not once has my period been light...it's always really heavy and lasts for ages...just like before I went on Levlen Ed...but I'm only on it so I dont get pregnant...so I guess it shouldn't be too much of a worry!

rozymisty

HSC
lol you sound like you;ve had the same problems ive had, that its done bugger al for making periods lighter. Maybe ask your doctor to get you onto another one, or maybe go and see a gynaecologist. The problem wtih Levelen ED is that its a low oestrogen pill, so its not as strong as others...but coz its lower oestrogen, it means less side effects than going on a much stronger pill.

ebbjade

HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
yeah i meant the pill.

i dont want to go on the pill and magically put on 10 kilos overnight
um i dont think you should jus be going on the pill to lose weight, u know there is such thing as a diet....

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
ebbjade said:
um i dont think you should jus be going on the pill to lose weight, u know there is such thing as a diet....
err saying you don't want to gain 'extra' weight as a side-effect of the pill is different to wanting to go on it to lose weight....

rozymisty

HSC
I have to have another operation. I went for my 3 month check up with the gynaecologist, Dr Hall, to follow up going on the new pill, and she suggested that since its the same as last few times and the pain is bad, she wants to do a laprscopy and hysterscopy with a dirrutage and curretage.

Now I've had the hysterscopy and D&C before and had massive and prolonged bleeding and the worse pain ever, so Im praying I dont have that again. Never had a laproscope so yeah that will be nerve-wracking a bit.

The only thing that is annoying about it all, is that I will have to take a few days off work coz she said not to do any work where you are lifting or pushing, which is basically what I do in my work at a nursing home. So yeah. Hopefully I can just get away with 1 day (wed) and be ok to work the Saturday shift with only light work.

But Im booked in for Dec 4, which is sooner than I certainly expected. And the great thing is, I think that since I already have paid the excess, I wont have to pay it again. And the doc is a no-gap doctor so all I need to pay for is the anaesthetist's fee.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Sorry to ressurect this thread but I'm pretty damn clueless about zee medicines.

I've been put on diane by my doc. I can't start taking it for a couple of weeks yet but I'm getting my last cervical cancer needle tomorrow (at another doctor) + just wondering if it will have an effect on anything. I don't think it would and I'll ask the doc when I go but yeah if anyone's done a similar thing...

also what is diane like (experiences?)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I dont think it should effect you, I was on the pill when I got the injections but you can always mention what pill you will be going on, that way the doc can be sure of any drug interactions that may limit its effectiveness

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
Sorry to ressurect this thread but I'm pretty damn clueless about zee medicines.

I've been put on diane by my doc. I can't start taking it for a couple of weeks yet but I'm getting my last cervical cancer needle tomorrow (at another doctor) + just wondering if it will have an effect on anything. I don't think it would and I'll ask the doc when I go but yeah if anyone's done a similar thing...

also what is diane like (experiences?)
should be fine.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Yeh, highly doubt it's an issue. I was on the pill for all of my injections and had no side effects or anything. The doctor's surgery I went to didn't even know what particular contraception pill I was on!

Edit:
Alby said:
diane (aka juliet & brenda) has a really high dosage of hormones...i wouldnt suggest it at all
Not sure whether Alby meant Diane and Brenda are the same or if they're just really similar, but I'm on Brenda at the moment and I've had no problems with it whatsoever. I never experienced cramps anyway, but I don't get them with the pill. I often skip one or two periods (though I wouldn't go longer than that). Rarely get spotting. Didn't have acne but it cleared up my skin pretty well etc. I dunno what else to say or if it's even relevant considering mine is Brenda! Pretty sure your doc would know what they were doing to put you on Diane :)

Last edited:

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
rozymisty said:
If you were constantly fainting, thats obviously something to do with your low iron levels. Maybe you should take iron and folate tablets, but get a blood test to see if you are anaemic or just deficient
It's quite obvious that this is due to blood loss and has nothing to do with her Iron levels.

Otherwise she'd be fainting at any non specific time.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
em_516 said:
Yeh, highly doubt it's an issue. I was on the pill for all of my injections and had no side effects or anything. The doctor's surgery I went to didn't even know what particular contraception pill I was on!

Edit:
Not sure whether Alby meant Diane and Brenda are the same or if they're just really similar, but I'm on Brenda at the moment and I've had no problems with it whatsoever. I never experienced cramps anyway, but I don't get them with the pill. I often skip one or two periods (though I wouldn't go longer than that). Rarely get spotting. Didn't have acne but it cleared up my skin pretty well etc. I dunno what else to say or if it's even relevant considering mine is Brenda! Pretty sure your doc would know what they were doing to put you on Diane :)
My doctor said that it's safe to skip a max of 4 periods though he doesn't reccommend it. I skip 3 because I get withdrawal headaches when i'm not on active pills and it's much more pleasant to get a week of headaches every three months than every month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)