• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the pill (1 Viewer)

Eclipse008

HSC
N/A
I've just been perscribed Levin ED. Haven't started it yet though. I mainly went on it for cramps and irregular periods. I get them really badly. Does anyone think they help? Also, reduced acne would be nice, but not essential. I think my doc mainly perscibed this one because it's cheaper.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Eclipse008 said:
I've just been perscribed Levin ED. Haven't started it yet though. I mainly went on it for cramps and irregular periods. I get them really badly. Does anyone think they help? Also, reduced acne would be nice, but not essential. I think my doc mainly perscibed this one because it's cheaper.
I still get a bit of pain but its not too bad :) and it should make them very regular, like clockwork as long as you take them roughly at the same time every day!

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
Eclipse008 said:
Pill + naprogesic when I'm off it = no problems, ever.
Thank God for naprogesic.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Skeeta said:
ok everyone in my office gets really bitchy on a tuesday. And i think i've put it down to the pill. I'm on the pill and mostly get my periods on a tuesday. So I assume most of these pill tgaking women do as well. Tension tuesday
HAHA! I love that this is a noticeable phenomenon :p

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Born Dancer said:
Its normal to get spotting when you are skipping your period for 3months.

Im on yasmin and I initially went on it for my skin, which has worked out fantastic. It is expensive, I pay $55 for 3 months and that's a standard price no matter which chemist you go to. If you are in a private health fund and are using it for your skin, you can get a letter from your doctor to say that's what it is used for, send it to your hf along with receipts and most will rebate up to half the cost.

Apparently there is a new form of yasmin called yaz, which has less of one of the hormones (i think its estrogen though i may be wrong). it gives you the same skin benefits and contraception but is meant to reduce side effects like bloating, withdrawal headaches and i think maybe spotting. Its just come out though and I think it starts at about $80 for 3 months and im not sure if that's rebated.
I paid about $70 for mine, pretty sure it's called yasmin though not this new one. Expensivvvve.

Actually hang on. drospirenone 3mg, ethinyloestradiol 30mcg. Maybe it is the new one, nfi about what should be in it.

Seems to be going okay though, my boobs arent as tender and I'm way less up and down emotionally now so all good.
:D

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
^shit, $70? i don't know if i could ever cop $70 for 3 months worth of contraception (yasmin). Almost a dollar a pill! I suppose its worth it if you get less of the side effects. I didn't get any at all using normal yasmin...

unless you're getting ripped off...

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
i have a question

with the pill. say i'm taking it but i don't get my period on the day that's scheduled according to the packet, do i just keep taking the sugar pills till i do get my period and then go along with it?
and as soon as my period finish am i still protected?
idk it just seems odd

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
It may get a little haywire if you have just started taking the pill. You have a one week window to get your period? Mine doesn't normally come until like day 5 of the non active tablets and I just keep taking the active tablets after that week even if im still bleeding. Just follow the days of your packet and read the instruction booklet and you should be aok.

also more info on yaz:
http://www.yaz-us.com/home.jsp

em_516

bludging..
HSC
housah0lic said:
i have a question

with the pill. say i'm taking it but i don't get my period on the day that's scheduled according to the packet, do i just keep taking the sugar pills till i do get my period and then go along with it?
and as soon as my period finish am i still protected?
idk it just seems odd
I'm getting to the stage now where I can't really remember what my period was like pre-pill but usually my period is reasonably short and normally ending when I go back on the active pills anyway. It's fine.

Was there a particular situation where you've still had your period when you had to go back to active pills or are you just wondering in general?

tahlsy31191

HSC
I haven't had any side effects and I am just on the generic one. Although my best friend went from an A cup to a C cup in no time.

Last edited:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Ugh bullshit. I've had no change except clearer skin (though I'm happy with that!!).

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
thanks em

um generic question
because when i began the cycle a couple of months back, i didn't get my period when expected and i kind of just stopped taking it lol

i'll try again the next time i get my period

thanks guys :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
^shit, $70? i don't know if i could ever cop $70 for 3 months worth of contraception (yasmin). Almost a dollar a pill! I suppose its worth it if you get less of the side effects. I didn't get any at all using normal yasmin...

unless you're getting ripped off...
Lol I thought it was a rip off too, although I completely forgot to ask if there was a generic, will definitely do next time.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
Lol I thought it was a rip off too, although I completely forgot to ask if there was a generic, will definitely do next time.
i am sure yasmin is too new for a generic

the newer one is yaz has less oestrogen.. i think its 20mg

all drugs have a 20 yr patent rule which means they get exclusives for that 20 yrs

rozymisty

HSC
Saw my gynaecologist today and she said to just keep taking the pill back to back, unless i get a bit of spotting in which case stop it and have a period.

Will be great for summer! Esp when i want to do swimming as my cardio!!

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
You didn't know that you could do that?

I miss periods for 6+ months. It's great.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Kwayera said:
You didn't know that you could do that?

I miss periods for 6+ months. It's great.
don't you kinda freak out a little bit about whether you're pregnant sometimes? come the 3rd skipped month, i'd be like "oh god... i better check"

as I normally take my pill anywhere from 10:30pm - 1am every night, which makes it kinda risky doesn't it?

either way, I couldn't skip for 6+ months like you, I'd go a bit mental and paranoid.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
don't you kinda freak out a little bit about whether you're pregnant sometimes? come the 3rd skipped month, i'd be like "oh god... i better check"

as I normally take my pill anywhere from 10:30pm - 1am every night, which makes it kinda risky doesn't it?

either way, I couldn't skip for 6+ months like you, I'd go a bit mental and paranoid.
I normally skip it for 3 and then start again when I buy a new 3mnth pill packet. I guess you'd notice more if your reaction to taking the pill changed- like instantly feeling sick. I find that I still get cramps when I am meant to be taking the inactive tablets just like I am getting my period.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)