the pill (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I think I like yaz.

I much prefer it to monofeme (less pimples, less PMS), but I still get a pimple or two around my period and a little bit of PMS. Also, I did gain weight, but I needed it (and it was all in my boobs) so it doesn't bother me.

It is hideously expensive, though. $30 for a month pack, but when I next see the doc I'll ask for 3 month packs and that should save me some money.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Because I am an overtired mess, I just took Tuesday's pill just then instead of putting ointment on my eye.

I normally take the pill around 9-10am. Reckon I can just push through Tuesday and take it same time Wednesday? Or should I take an extra pill later in the day or agh I dunno. I guess I just leave it, and possibly confuse my hormones, hurray!

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
questionn

i took 3 months supply worth of diane 35, then had a 2 week break, and now i started again a few days ago

will this affect the effects of the pill? i mean, i am taking it for my skin. like would it mess up whatever process it's doing
idk if i even made sense

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
There's usually a 12-hour leeway period, so you should be fine. On the other hand, there's no harm done in taking an extra one.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
questionn

i took 3 months supply worth of diane 35, then had a 2 week break, and now i started again a few days ago

will this affect the effects of the pill? i mean, i am taking it for my skin. like would it mess up whatever process it's doing
idk if i even made sense
Not entirely sure, but I don't think you've been off it long enough to make a big difference.

Ta Kwayera :)

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Personally, I like Yasmin. Cleared up my skin, I think, which I wasn't overly concerned about, because I am taking it for the contraception, but I thought that was a pretty fantastic plus. Also, the pill I started on about two years ago, LevlenED (fairly sure that's what its called), caused me to gain about 8kgs. I wasn't the most fantastic eater, but I didn't change any habits other than commencing the pill. So I put it down to that. Went to see a female doctor about changing to Yasmin, becuase I'd heard it was awesome from a few people, but she was a complete bitch about it and told me it was my fault if I put on weight, lol. Which is irrelevent, she should still give me the information I'm after? Haha, sidenote. Anyway, saw a different doctor, went on Yasmin, didn't gain weight, got better skin, and I think this is just for me personally, but my periods only last 2-3 days, which is pretty sweet.

Sorry for the life story, hahaa.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
how long was it til you saw your skin really clear up?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Diane didn't do much for my skin but I was only on it for 3 months because I couldn't handle the maniac I became while taking it.

Once I switched to Yasmin it took probably another 3 months for everything to really clear up but it started to get better from like the first week. Been on it for about 6 months now and everything is good.

mellow3sooth

HSC
Hey, just a random question. For those of you who were blessed with enhanced cleavage, how long did it take for any noticeable change? and does it last after you go off the pill? i've only been taking it (levlen ed) for a month now, so i'm hoping... though, i'm not too optimistic, because any weight that i do gain always goes straight to my hips. [insert sigh]

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
For me, it took maybe 3 months? Then all of a sudden BOOBS!

artist91

HSC
Mmm... I started off with Yasmin. I was on it for 1 1/2 weeks. I went from a B to a D. It totally fucked up my hormones. I got really sick from it/non stop bleeding. So I've been on Monofeme since it's perfect because it's a lower dosage. I'd be careful going on a higher dosage pill unless you have severe acne or something - it can really mess your body up!

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
mm i think it was diane that really made my breasts go to a D . not complaining.

heh however after 4 months, i have seen no noticable changes to my skin and i'm pretty cut eh

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Hey, just a random question. For those of you who were blessed with enhanced cleavage, how long did it take for any noticeable change? and does it last after you go off the pill? i've only been taking it (levlen ed) for a month now, so i'm hoping... though, i'm not too optimistic, because any weight that i do gain always goes straight to my hips. [insert sigh]
about 4-5 months

from a B to a D

half my tops don't fit anymore but hey, I've got boobs. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)