the pill (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
If you haven't been through a full cycle yet, don't worry about it. Your body is still getting used to it all, give it another month or two and your period will start behaving itself.

J.a.d.e :-)

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
Sorry, I've fixed the post now, it was mean to say I've been on it for almost a year...

Is still normal?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
ok halp?

I've skipped my last 2 periods and I'm part way through this months pill taking and I'm getting light breakthrough bleeding and a little cramping. that's never happened before. Anyone know what I should do? I can't see a doctor before wednesday afternoon so I need to know what I ought to do in the meantime, or if it's normal/not serious?
I've get this sometimes. I just stop taking the active pills and have my period. Tbh I have nfi about the science behind it.. but I imagine your body has it's cycle, and then you go and screw around with it and then eventually it decides it wants out. :p

Don't worry about this, unless you have your period and you keep bleeding I suppose. But yeh, I'm pretty sure you'll just keep up with the breakthrough bleeding until you do something about it.

*Baby-K*

HSC
Hey guys, sorry if this has been discussed before but has anyone tried Yaz? I've just been browsing the internet and 50% say they love it other 50% say they hate it. I've been on Yasmin for just over a year and everything has been ok except for some extreme PMS and I've gained 5kg (HSC weight + Yasmin), I heard that one of the side effects of Yaz was weight loss, and it minimizes PMS plus a shorter period but then other people say horrible things about it as well as spotting for up to 3 months when they start taking it!
I've got a dilemma since I'm on my last pack of Yasmin now, and I need to skip my period this month due to this party I'm going to. So should I risk it and try Yaz or should I stick with what I know?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Ask your doctor.

Changing now probably won't make your period come as long as you don't skip a day in the transition.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I'm on Yaz atm.

It's quite expensive, but it is designed to reduce side effects like PMS and weight gain. I've gone up a cup size, but that's the only weight gain I've had. PMS is pretty good, nowhere near as bad as it was when I was on Monofeme.

I've only gotten spotting this month, when I wanted to skip a period. Not sure if that will calm down once I've been taking it for longer (only been on it for 4-5 months).

That said, everyone reacts differently to pills.

*Baby-K*

HSC
Thanks for that- Im going to the dr tommorrow.
I've been on Yasmin for just over a year now and never had any breakthrough bleeding or spotting until yesterday :mad1: so now I'm not very happy cause I don't actually know why it's happening- I've got 4 active pills left in the 3rd row so it's a bit yearly to be getting my period. Anyone had the same problem with Yasmin after a year?

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Thanks for that- Im going to the dr tommorrow.
I've been on Yasmin for just over a year now and never had any breakthrough bleeding or spotting until yesterday :mad1: so now I'm not very happy cause I don't actually know why it's happening- I've got 4 active pills left in the 3rd row so it's a bit yearly to be getting my period. Anyone had the same problem with Yasmin after a year?
i've been on yasmin for about six months, probably more, i couldn't remember. i had breakthrough bleeding to start off with when i had microgynon but when i started yasmin it completely went away. it could be that your body needs a stronger pill? when was the last time you had your period though? because if you've been skipping for a while, breakthrough is bound to happen.

*Baby-K*

HSC
I haven't skipped a period the whole time i've been on the pill. But I have changed my diet and I've lost some weight so that could be causing it as well I guess?

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
I haven't skipped a period the whole time i've been on the pill. But I have changed my diet and I've lost some weight so that could be causing it as well I guess?
yeah, fluctuation in weight ad stuff could maybe cause it. ask your doctor, he'll probably put you on a higher dosage.

shell.q

HSC
do u guys skip the red/pink ones so u dont get your periods?
is it dangerous?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
do u guys skip the red/pink ones so u dont get your periods?
is it dangerous?
Everyone seems to have an opinion on this and even doctors seem to gove conflicting advice. From what I understand, as long as you have a withdrawal bleed every now and then its ok. I generally tend not to skip unless I have to but its a personal choice. Maybe ask your doctor.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Well, most GPs admit that there's no real reason to have a period if you don't need to (when the pill first came out, the week of withdrawal bleeds was added to make religious conservatives happier, not for any medical reason). I haven't had one in around 9 months, with no ill effects.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
cbf reading thread and times and drugs have changed...is there one which most commonly prevents weight gain? or is it all an individual trial and error thing?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Most people suggest Yasmin for that but be prepared to pay a lot as its not on the PBS.

I think it really depends on the person though, I take Levlen Ed a.k.a Microgynon 30ED and I didn't gain weight, plus its only like $17 for 4 months supply.

Tell the doctor you a concerned a bout weight gain and see what they say

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
cbf reading thread and times and drugs have changed...is there one which most commonly prevents weight gain? or is it all an individual trial and error thing?

The doctors I've spoken to have all told me they think it's all just a lot of clever marketing and that all the pills are generally the same and that a lot of girls will just blame weight gain on the pill.

I believe that. I think spending tonnes of money on something like Yasmin is ridiculous (oh it's got a girl's name, it's so innocuous and gentle on my fragile female state!). I take Norinyl which costs me a total of, oh, $5.30 (with concession) for 4 months, and I haven't had any weight gain whatsoever. My boobs have grown, is all.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
The doctors I've spoken to have all told me they think it's all just a lot of clever marketing and that all the pills are generally the same and that a lot of girls will just blame weight gain on the pill.

I believe that. I think spending tonnes of money on something like Yasmin is ridiculous (oh it's got a girl's name, it's so innocuous and gentle on my fragile female state!). I take Norinyl which costs me a total of, oh, $5.30 (with concession) for 4 months, and I haven't had any weight gain whatsoever. My boobs have grown, is all.
awesome! i could do with a little more boob.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
I want to go on the pill but I don't want to have to go to my normal doctor because she doesn't bulk bill. If you go to just any bulk bill gp they will prescribe you straight up with the pill?

Also, for starting out. I was on the pill when I was like 12 but that needless to say a long time ago, I didn't get any side effects but what is probably the best to get in regards to acne too, I mean I might aswell get some added benefits besides no babies, sydney has been fucking up my skin something shocking.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
I want to go on the pill but I don't want to have to go to my normal doctor because she doesn't bulk bill. If you go to just any bulk bill gp they will prescribe you straight up with the pill?

they should. i haven't had any problems just going into a medical centre and getting a script for the pill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)