the purpose of pickups (1 Viewer)

bluemoon2

HSC
out of curiosity :)

in this post by pickup i am talking abt when ur alone, in a non-clubbing non-bar ie not the typical pickup place, and some dude comes up to u, is friendly for 5 minutes and then asks u for ur number.

does anyone actually say yes to this sort of a pickup? i dont see why u would. does anyone here actually attempt this pickup? why would u? does it mean the girl is not attractive and is probably single, or does it mean the girl is attractive and u'd like to be with her?

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
good question
it's mostly because she is attractive and the guy just wants to get with her - beit temporarily. however, this is doesn't rule it the possibility that could eventuate into something serious [duh]

it's happened to me a few times. but i've never given out my number. i would take theirs sometimes, though.

anyway you get the sort of guys who are really straight out.
mid last year, i was walking up oxford street having a durry and this bloke runs after me and is like, hey can i use your lighter? and i'm like yeh sure. so he lights his ciggy, looks me up and down and goes, wanna come back to my place?

skynet89

HSC
if no guy did that the world wouldn't repopulate and women would still be wondering "Why aren't guys approaching me"

in 20 years time it beats telling your children "well your mother and I were set up by our friends because we were desperate"

bluemoon2

HSC
well i only see any purpose in getting with someone u already know, because u'll know already if u two are on the same wavelength.

with pickups, i thought maybe it was a compliment. but then i feel insulted, because after saying no they become really annoyed. which means they thought they'd get a yes. but the thing is, i dont find them particularly attractive. so if someone unattractive feels really insulted by a rejection, it means they thought they were more than enough for the girl and the girl.. is pretty bad looking?

cxlxoxk

HSC
purpose of pickups on randoms:

1. To meet someone new.

2. To get STDs

HalcyonSky

HSC
bluemoon2 said:
well i only see any purpose in getting with someone u already know, because u'll know already if u two are on the same wavelength.

with pickups, i thought maybe it was a compliment. but then i feel insulted, because after saying no they become really annoyed. which means they thought they'd get a yes. but the thing is, i dont find them particularly attractive. so if someone unattractive feels really insulted by a rejection, it means they thought they were more than enough for the girl and the girl.. is pretty bad looking?
maybe you should go get evaluated for aspergers

use your common sense, its basic human interaction. You reject the guy, he's going to feel like shit regardless of what you look like, his reaction has no bearing on how attractive he thinks you are

Girls reject guys either because a)the guy doesnt meet her standards, or b) she has some self confidence issues. I'm thinking for you its the latter

Last edited:

Pace_T

HSC
bluemoon2 said:

you are definitely over analysing things!!!!!!

maybe guys think you're easy?

Crashy19

HSC
well it depends on the situation too
like a common interest might be the same thing
ie. my cousin met her husband at the football
just a normal season round game of NRL

bluemoon2

HSC
well i interpret other pple's actions by guessing wat i'd do in the same situation, and i think if i got rejected, i'd walk away as quickly as possible. if someone says no, there's no point in arguing with it. and i probably do have some self confidence issues :(

why so emo boris :p do u have anything against pple with asperger's? i just think that the likelihood of finding the right person by bumping into them in a street in the same city as u are, is as likely as finding ur proverbial needle in the haystack by jabbing ur hand in and taking wat u find. its a lot easier if u go to specific places, like a club with pple who share similar interests.

boris

Banned
HSC
bluemoon2 said:
well i interpret other pple's actions by guessing wat i'd do in the same situation, and i think if i got rejected, i'd walk away as quickly as possible. if someone says no, there's no point in arguing with it. and i probably do have some self confidence issues :(

why so emo boris :p do u have anything against pple with asperger's? i just think that the likelihood of finding the right person by bumping into them in a street in the same city as u are, is as likely as finding ur proverbial needle in the haystack by jabbing ur hand in and taking wat u find. its a lot easier if u go to specific places, like a club with pple who share similar interests.
if they are already at the club with you then they are already doing that you socially inept asian spack. or you could just wait for an arranged marriage?

*marimari*

HSC
If the guy's smooth enough, he can get any girl to say yes
it's all in the execution

williamc

HSC
ROFL AT THIS THREAD.

Example:

I was like walking past this girl on NYE and she goes you're hot and then we hooked up for like 30 seconds and then after i had finished chocking on the sluts tongue i walked away.

Purpose:

Something to do.

*marimari* said:
If the guy's smooth enough, he can get any girl to say yes

it's all in the execution
nah fuck that. Go up to them say "wanna fuck" if they say no they had a mental disability because what girl in their right mind wouldn't want to get their bell ringed so just walk away knowing you didnt take advantage of a mentally handicapped person

Last edited:

bluemoon2

HSC
boris said:
if they are already at the club with you then they are already doing that you socially inept asian spack. or you could just wait for an arranged marriage?
if u read my question in the first post of this thread:

bluemoon2 said:
in this post by pickup i am talking abt when ur alone, in a non-clubbing non-bar ie not the typical pickup place, and some dude comes up to u, is friendly for 5 minutes and then asks u for ur number.
i state that i am asking about a pickup in a non-clubbing place. a pickup at a club is different to a pickup on say a city street or catching a nightride bus home. the purpose of a club is basically to party & pickup, whereas while walking in the city i am generally thinking of shopping.

and no, i do not believe in arranged marriages.

ur polite input is appreciated :)

bluemoon2

HSC
williamc said:
ROFL AT THIS THREAD.

Example:

I was like walking past this girl on NYE and she goes you're hot and then we hooked up for like 30 seconds and then after i had finished chocking on the sluts tongue i walked away.

Purpose:

Something to do.
hahaha thats funny! can i attribute that to the atmosphere of NYE? or does this happen all the time :p

stazi

Nightman
HSC
bluemoon2 said:
out of curiosity :)

does anyone actually say yes to this sort of a pickup? i dont see why u would. does anyone here actually attempt this pickup? why would u? does it mean the girl is not attractive and is probably single, or does it mean the girl is attractive and u'd like to be with her?
yeah, id probably do that for the lol - i.e. attempt that.

it's all in The Game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)