the rents and the lover (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
but then again, i dont think id want a girl who i found out was going out or trying to go out with me against her parents wishes. i think that the most important thing is family, and if you were to hide a relationship, then you are obviously not in a position of being serious.

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
yer parents noe nothing... Dad assumes that I've got a gurl, mum would freak if she knew... They don't noe, dont need to noe... If I was out gettin drunk and comin home @ 4 in the morning, then I'd give them the right to b worried

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
My dad told me in one of his smartass comments when I was talking about my girlfriend 'It's all fun and games until somebody gets pregnant'... and he did have a point... My parents are pretty liberal when it comes to this kind of stuff, and mum on news I was moving in with Felicity turned around and told me 'at least you won't have to worry about keeping quiet at night'... my parents scare me sometimes in their 'so-very-accepting-of-all-things' manner.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
condom + spermicides + pill + morning after pill if needed = lotsa fun.

neeja

Marco Polo meows you!
HSC
bahahaha

my parents are like "dont sleep in the same bed"

but then we sleep in the same bed...as far as im concerned they are only making suggestions (its not like they're enforcing this sort of thing seriously)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Raiks said:
My dad told me in one of his smartass comments when I was talking about my girlfriend 'It's all fun and games until somebody gets pregnant'... and he did have a point... My parents are pretty liberal when it comes to this kind of stuff, and mum on news I was moving in with Felicity turned around and told me 'at least you won't have to worry about keeping quiet at night'... my parents scare me sometimes in their 'so-very-accepting-of-all-things' manner.
AHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

thats classic, mad ass parents :D

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
AsyLum said:
AHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

thats classic, mad ass parents :D
My parents are pretty decent when it comes to this type of stuff... At one stage they called Felicity and I 'Roger and Jess'... 'because you two are like rabbits'... but all they pioritise is that I'm always safe and responsible and that I'm going to do things anyway so they might as well just accept it and adjust in their role as parents.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
nice nice, hehe just like rabbits :)

im slowly converting my parents i think, lucky younger brothers will reap all my hard work ! :D

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i dont think you can find that many 'maddd' asian parents around :rolleyes:

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I guess it all comes down to family values and the experiences of your parents... I can understand how my parents think and act the way they do... they form their own ideas and beliefs over how to bring up their children, and a lot has to do whether a parent wants to protect their children from the evils of the world or teach their children to adapt to it...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
dark`secrets said:
i dont think you can find that many 'maddd' asian parents around :rolleyes:
oh mine are pretty good, just not to the point where ill be sleeping with my girlfriend at home and them being ok with it yet :)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
AsyLum said:
oh mine are pretty good, just not to the point where ill be sleeping with my girlfriend at home and them being ok with it yet :)
Yeah, my parents are on the liberal end of the scale... but if parents trust you enough to give you a bit of freedom and responsibility, you've got it pretty good regardless.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i think being the eldest child i understand the 'over-the-top' concerns they have for me. i wouldnt say my parents are strict, but to some degree they can be. oh wells if its not through those sort of ways that have brought me up, i dont think i would be the same person i am (in terms of behaviour).

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
yeah, im glad ive got my rents and not some of my asian friends' rents, that would shit me soo much. but then again i dont think many asian parents have a metal head son :D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
dark`secrets said:
i think being the eldest child i understand the 'over-the-top' concerns they have for me. i wouldnt say my parents are strict, but to some degree they can be. oh wells if its not through those sort of ways that have brought me up, i dont think i would be the same person i am (in terms of behaviour).
you're the guinea pig, and being a girl makes it worse :)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
HAAHA yeah i know that's why im kinda freaked out when i ask them to do stuff. but eventually they have to realise that im not going to be their little girl anymore :D

twiddla

My parents are so strict - being christian i don't push it to far- but i got this big lecture about having a gf in yr12 a couple of months ago from mum - the funny thing is dads backs her up when she's in the conv but then implies the exact opp. when she's not - and no my parents aren't asian

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
AsyLum said:
yeah, im glad ive got my rents and not some of my asian friends' rents, that would shit me soo much. but then again i dont think many asian parents have a metal head son :D
So true, one of my friends has ultra-strict parents who even scare me... I was told by his mum "I hope your saving yourself for marriage instead of wasting yourself on this girl of yours".... and it was almost surreal... like 'hang on, you're his parents, not mine and I'm not 16, I'm over fricken 20'

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
ROFL.

Yeah its a cultural shock sometimes :)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
AsyLum said:
ROFL.

Yeah its a cultural shock sometimes :)
Yeah it really is.... especially going from one end of the scale to the other.

Oh, and with ultra-strict parents, don't make jokes about pregancy, drugs, alcohol abuse and late night brothel trips.... jokes like that float like lead balloons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)