• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed (1 Viewer)

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
they also give you a semi auto pistol
and shooting is a very popular sport so ammo would be easy to come by

but they have very low gun crime?

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
finland has 36 guns for ever 100 people

oh fuck they nice guns too
Sako TRGs

redmayne

HSC
My wording was hyperbolic, but its true.
Hahaha?? So...you admit it was an exaggeration (lie)...yet it's still true? They're binary states dude, either correct/true or incorrect/false. And it's certainly not correct or true.

You were shut down by the guy who actually knows about it, so now you try and defend yourself with literary techniques.

Fool.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
ok fagle

"Gun politics in Switzerland are unique in Europe. The personal weapon of militia personnel is kept at home as part of the military obligations. This, in addition to liberal gun laws and strong shooting traditions, has led to a very high gun count per capita. Switzerland has one of the highest gun ownership rates in the world."

"In some 2001 statistics, it is noted that there are about 420,000 assault rifles stored at private homes, mostly SIG 550 types. Additionally, there are some 320,000 assault rifles and military pistols exempted from military service in private possession, all selective-fire weapons having been converted to semi-automatic operation only. In addition, there are several hundred thousand other semi-automatic small arms classified as carbines. The total number of firearms in private homes is estimated minimally at 1.2 million to 3 million.["

"In one study by David Kopel of seven countries, including the United States and Japan, Switzerland is found to be one of the safest countries in the study.[29]"

"Switzerland practices universal conscription, which requires that all able-bodied male citizens keep fully-automatic firearms at home in case of a call-up. Every male between the ages of 20 and 42 is considered a candidate for conscription into the military, and following a brief period of active duty will commonly be enrolled in the militia until age or an inability to serve ends his service obligation.[30] During their enrollment in the armed forces, these men are required to keep their government-issued selective fire combat rifles and semi-automatic handguns in their homes.["

Cunto

Riet is rite.

redmayne

HSC
In Switzerland when you turn 20 they give you an assault rifle to keep in your home.
Ummmm, no.

Just no.

Well, maybe if you simplify the whole system into one ridiculously misleading sentence.

P.S. Hey that's some solid researching there btw, fuckin reliable stuff that Wikipedia has. How bout you get some real research whenever you're making your painfully dense arguments.

murphyad

HSC
ok fagle

"Gun politics in Switzerland are unique in Europe [...]
You're attempting to prove a general principle from a particular.

Just because alcohol consumption from a young age is encouraged in Italy, doesn't mean that adopting similar practises here will effect similar results: in fact, it seems to effect the opposite.

Just because gun ownership is a cultural norm in Switzerland (assuming that it is) doesn't therefore mean that Australians will adopt the same attitude towards them if we legalise the practise here.

Tbh I don't know a lot about the cultural differences between the Swiss and us. I'm just saying that we should take them into account.

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC

Just because alcohol consumption from a young age is encouraged in Italy, doesn't mean that adopting similar practises here will effect similar results: in fact, it seems to effect the opposite.

Just because gun ownership is a cultural norm in Switzerland (assuming that it is) doesn't therefore mean that Australians will adopt the same attitude towards them if we legalise the practise here.

Tbh I don't know a lot about the cultural differences between the Swiss and us. I'm just saying that we should take them into account.
I agree. The Swiss example does not prove guns are safe.

But similarly, by this logic, comparing Australia to the US does not prove that gun make people less safe.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
Ummmm, no.

Just no.

Well, maybe if you simplify the whole system into one ridiculously misleading sentence.

P.S. Hey that's some solid researching there btw, fuckin reliable stuff that Wikipedia has. How bout you get some real research whenever you're making your painfully dense arguments.
P.S. Prove me wrong buddy

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
The attitude towards guns in Australia as it is seems to be working, we do not have a high incidence of gun crime. And gun crime that is committed is usually with illegal firearms.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
There's a fairly hefty correlation between gun control and enabled genocide.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
fairly small correlation between gun owership and penis size!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
recreational hunting is extremely popular in countries such as Finland and Switzerland.

gr8 argument bro!

redmayne

HSC
recreational hunting is extremely popular in countries such as Finland and Switzerland.

gr8 argument bro!
Holy crap bogan, I didn't realise we live in Switzerland. What a revelation!

Oh WAIT! We don't! We live in Australia, a starkly different country demographically and in many other ways.

So yeah, since this discussion concerns the unique - as all nations are - Australia, my argument is pretty...gr8. And the article is both accurate and humourous! Doesn't get much better than that.

Bogan 4 lyf.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
You are doing wonders for your point of view.

You have failed to provide any statistics disproving any of my statements

But good try, keep up the effort and one day you might be a man!

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
Quick! rebut with one of your gr8 arguments that are entirely based on calling me bogan or racist, while providing evidence to back up your argmument against firearms while at the same time consistently outlining your complete lack of knowledge on the subject!

go go go

redmayne

HSC
You are doing wonders for your point of view.

You have failed to provide any statistics disproving any of my statements

But good try, keep up the effort and one day you might be a man!
Ahh maybe one day!

One day I'll be a man, roaming the countryside with my masculine musk, hirsute chest and southern cross tattoo. Being so "manly", the biggest problem I'll have will be prioritising the space in my boot, between my many rifles and the dirty immigrants I've rounded up to ship off to Pauline Hanson. What a dream!

We can only hope, O wise and beautiful David, that one day I can enjoy a bountiful existence reminiscent of your own.

EDIT: Re: "go go go" Your wish is my command, O perspicacious hunter

Last edited:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

Gun ownership is legalised here. There are just stupid rules that complicate the system and do nothing to stop genuine criminals from getting their hands on weapons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)