• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed (1 Viewer)

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
haha neg rep from comingupforair
without any input to the thread because his argument has been proven to be invalid

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Dangerous, yes. Would gun control fix any of those issues? No.

Edit: Fuck me it compares DC to Canberra.

Last edited:

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
ok redmayne you had a cry about me comparing australia to finland and switzerland and now you are comparing us to the USA gg fuckwit

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC

redmayne

HSC
ok redmayne you had a cry about me comparing australia to finland and switzerland and now you are comparing us to the USA gg fuckwit
Who are we more like, Davy? Finland or the US? I think you know the answer. Our cultures treat guns in a very similar way, Finland and and Switzerland pretty obviously don't.

America....compared to Australia in terms of gun violence...we have a new contender for fuckwit of the year.

Also, would like a semi version of this.
You accuse someone of being fuckwit of the year, then you proceed to jizz over some fancy killing machine. Rifles are one thing, but that's just laughable. Please child, this isn't CoD.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
We are more like finland? In terms of quality of life, gun crime, human development, protection of civil rights etc. America is lagging behing in all of those key indicators. Perhaps there is a reason behind high gun crime other that high rates of ownership, you fucking sped.

How can you say our cultures treat guns in a similar way, where did you get that information from? The fact that we have much more strict licencing laws than both countries proves that you are a moron.

redmayne

HSC
I think you need a reality check...

US lagging in civil rights??

We live in Australia dude, we're laughed at by the rest of the world - including America - for our civil rights record.

I don't know how you can seriously argue that we're more like Finland/Switzerland than the US. Our cultures are so similar these days, in many ways just coz of America's influence here.

You're the one making shit up.

You people will say anything to support your fanatical love of guns, it's the same in the US.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
Ahahah seriously

Culture is a superficial similarity. In other indicators, we are more like scandinavian countries.

"Australia is a developed country, with a prosperous multicultural society and has excellent results in many international comparisons of national performance such as health care, life expectancy, quality of life, human development, public education, economic freedom, and the protection of civil liberties and political rights.[13] "

Australia: World Audit Democracy Profile

haha

redmayne

HSC
Culture...superficial? You kidding me? Culture influences all of society, the way we think and how we develop. It's what binds us together.

Superficial my arse, so naive.

Well if that website says all that, it must be indisputable! Maybe be a bit discerning when it comes to the internet yeah?

Look, I'm not gonna go Google stats, but I can remember some things off the top of my head.

How about our record with Aborigines. Like the 1996 Native Title Amendment by Howard, extinguishing many Aborigines' rights to native title claims, it was condemned by the rest of the world. The UN itself demanded Australia justify its actions, which Howard refused to do.

Only 1 in 3 Aborigines will live to the age of 65, 38% are unemployed, we spend only 80c for Aborigines for every $1 we spend on non-Indigenous Australians.

How about the inhumane way we treat asylum seekers and refugees, like prisoners.

I dunno how long you searched Google for stats that would suit your case, but look at that stuff and tell me we're number 1 on civil rights.

Anyway, besides the point.

You want to facilitate easier access to handguns and assault weapons, similar to the situation in the US? Then be prepared for the shocking amount of gun crime they have. Because that is exactly what would happen, no two ways about it. Sure we already have gun crime, with our current laws, but that would only be exacerbated if the restrictions were more lax.

Get real.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
cool story hansel

not a single piece of evidence to back up what you just said

its a fact of life that Australia ranks amoung the top countries in the world on human rights, get over it

USA has much higher gun crime in areas of high general crime, which corresponds with urbanisation and low income/high unemployment.

Finland has lower urbanisation and a better quality of life, creating less crime.
As does Australia. Just because there are more guns doesnt mean there will be more crime, stop scaremongering and making up bullshit that you cannot support with a single shred of evidence hsc boy

redmayne

HSC
cool story hansel

not a single piece of evidence to back up what you just said

its a fact of life that Australia ranks amoung the top countries in the world on human rights, get over it

USA has much higher gun crime in areas of high general crime, which corresponds with urbanisation and low income/high unemployment.

Finland has lower urbanisation and a better quality of life, creating less crime.
As does Australia. Just because there are more guns doesnt mean there will be more crime, stop scaremongering and making up bullshit that you cannot support with a single shred of evidence hsc boy
So...you're saying that areas of high crime and gang violence like some suburbs in Western Sydney and Melbourne wouldn't experience a boom in gun violence?

Because that's exactly what would happen. Please deny it, so I can laugh at you.

Is what I do scaremongering? Or is your ranting and raving that we need individual liberties and guns to combat the government when they turn on us? Yeah, I think that qualifies more as scaremongering, don't you?

Think what's more likely, increased gun crime with increased guns, or Australia's democratic government becoming totalitarian. Hmmm...

HSC boy? Supposed to be demeaning? I'm young and inexperienced? Some of the dumbest and most narrow-minded people I know have already finished uni and are out inflicting their stupidity on the workforce.

Better luck next time, Rambo.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
Not to the extent that America experiences, because they still have relitively low crime.

I have said nothing about guns to combat the government :confused:

But coool keep up with the ad homs guy

redmayne

HSC
Not to the extent that America experiences, because they still have relitively low crime.

I have said nothing about guns to combat the government :confused:

But coool keep up with the ad homs guy
The need to combat the centralisation of power in the government is one of the main arguments on more lax gun laws. It's been discussed by your friends in this thread.

Before you seemed to be saying the gun violence wouldn't increase? Now you concede it would, just "not to the extent" of America. Weak.

Yes, I'm the only one using ad homs.

I called you "cunto", "sped" and "hsc boy".

Oh no wait, that was you, talking about me.

Now we're both cool Davo, isn't that great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)