"The Ring" (1 Viewer)

K

katie_tully

3 years later...

everybody says the japanese version is better... but i cant speak japanese and neither can any of them so i dont see how that works .. =\

K

katie_tully

one of the better horror movies going today
apart from the fact i have no god damn idea what happened ... it sort of all went down hill from where she rescues the chick in the well.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
that movie scared the shit out of me, if i ever wake up in the middle of the night i am always to scared to get up in case that girl gets me

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
that movie was so unbelievably boring, not scary at all :confused:

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
It was alright,
I have the Jap version on dvd for some reason i preferred the US one, probably just because I saw it first. The ring 2 was on world movies recently but I missed it every time it was on.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
scared the shyte outta me... that, and "The Others" are my 2 most-scariest movies in the universe.

pookie1234

ok um heres my interpretation

yyarrrrrggghghhh

i was watching it alone at home in the dark, there was aladder illuminated outside, my main dining room chair was moved out into my view from the loung strangely alone, and the next day i saw a dead horse. great movie.

ParagonAZN

HSC
N/A
katie_tully said:
3 years later...

everybody says the japanese version is better... but i cant speak japanese and neither can any of them so i dont see how that works .. =\
Its called subtitles. Anyway the only thing good about the japanese version was that Sadako was scarier, especially when she crawled out of the tv. You never get to see her face so that just makes it scarier and the way she moved.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
i think i saw the jap version on sbs awhile ago and i only just saw this one scene with the tv.... scared me so i changed the channel quickly heh

K

katie_tully

Depends where you saw it
I saw it at the movies alone with like one other person, and the sound was the scariest part of the movie.
We got back to my house and sprinted into the house, and then sat up until 3 am becaus we'd told each other ghost stories on the way home and couldn't sleep...

Watch it at home on video though and it's pretty tame, probably because you know what to expect

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
it scared the crap out of me. for the next week i jumped a mile every time i heard the sound of static. onjce i actually sat on the remote and turned the tv on without realising and i almost screamed. then after a week i was fine because i knew she wasn't comnig after me if she hadn't already.

K

katie_tully

ParagonAZN said:
Its called subtitles. Anyway the only thing good about the japanese version was that Sadako was scarier, especially when she crawled out of the tv. You never get to see her face so that just makes it scarier and the way she moved.
SUBTITLES oh yeah, that's what theyre called. Geeeeee why didnt I think of that?
Maybe because when I watch a movie I want to actually watch the movie, not trying to keep up with conversation bubbles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)