"The Ring" (1 Viewer)

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
as if you cant watch and read at the same time.

PenelopeK

S Healer
HSC
the japanese version was a lot more terrifying than the US version, and it was followed by another 2 sequels which were very disturbing esp the last one "the Spiral". i would never want to see the films again, took me about a week to finally be able to sleep without wondering if someone was at the window hehehe

simmic

red-headed tensai
HSC
hmmm....only watched the english version and yep...scared the shit out of me...couldnt sleep that night and maybe the night after since i went to camp but then i realised that there was actually nothing to be afraid of since the only video i saw was one played by actors

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
i hated/love the jap version.. its fricken scary.... better then the american i guess.......i think there's the ring 1, 2, 3 or mor in jap version??

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i thought the american version was better personally. or at least it scared me more.

after i saw it one of my mates kept calling me with the "seven days...".

eek :x

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
yup, there's 1,2 and three, but i haven't seen three!
the second one wasn't as creepy, but it was more graphic than the first one.
it was still tame
i love creepy movies!
the japanese ones are so much more scarier... i couldn't sleep properly for two weeks...

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
ooh you know what's a good scary movie?
texas chainsaw massacre!
after i saw it, i kept on thinking i see people with chainsaws outside my windows (i don't have curtains)

leathaface

Soma said:
It was alright,
I have the Jap version on dvd for some reason i preferred the US one, probably just because I saw it first. The ring 2 was on world movies recently but I missed it every time it was on.
Exactly my opinion... I watched the US first so therefore the Japanese one wasn't that scary...

Yeah Ring 2 was on SBS before... I watched a bit of it... it wasn't scary... but it was really intriging.

I recommend Japanese4 horror...
Ju-On (The Grudge)... there's a US version directed by the Japanese director strarring Sarah Michelle Gella coming soon... but watch the other ones (I think there's like about 2 or 3 Ju Ons... all sequels to each other, as is the US one).

Jisastu Circle (Suicide circle)... not so much horror... but really disturbing, I want to watch this movie because of its much talked about gruesome mass suicide opening scene.

Dark Water... I think this is what it is called... directed by the director of The ring (I think)

Audition... it was on twice on SBS... this movie starts out as a "lonely widowed man decides to find himself a wife" movie... it is melodrama and very slow moving... but it goes into hyperdrive and features the most sadistic and torturing last 20 min... Not scary... but disturbing.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Having only seen the American version (I have seen Ring 2 mind you) at the cinemas, it was really scary in the dark.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I liked the whole journey of trying to find out about the tape and how its linked etc.

Also the ending where the girl down the well comes out of the tv.

Hotsauce

Denied
HSC
leathaface said:
Ju-On (The Grudge)... there's a US version directed by the Japanese director strarring Sarah Michelle Gella coming soon... but watch the other ones (I think there's like about 2 or 3 Ju Ons... all sequels to each other, as is the US one).
Pretty good movie that one (Japanese version). The sequels weren't so bad, they were actually decent sequels (which can't be said for other horror movies).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)