The Simpsons Movie (1 Viewer)

icecreamdisco

HSC
i laughed at moe's delivery of "in 2-D".

otherwise, fuck this shit. who honestly wants to pay 10 bucks to see 2 hours of a show that's been beyond hope for the latter half of it's life?

Pilgrim

HSC
it came too late. a movie was always planned for the simpsons, if it was 8 years ago then it would be a hit.

walrusbear

HSC
as much as a love this show (well the first 10 seasons anyway) this surely does look terrible
my hopes are very low
well definitely go see it though, i'm pretty obsessive

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
icecreamdisco said:
i laughed at moe's delivery of "in 2-D".

otherwise, fuck this shit. who honestly wants to pay 10 bucks to see 2 hours of a show that's been beyond hope for the latter half of it's life?
yeah pretty much exactly my thoughts

BlackDragon

HSC
i hope this is the last hurrah for the simpsons. the stuff they are currently producing is crap compared to their classic stuff. they're wrecking what was a good show. they should (have) just quit while they were ahead with a movie. through it is a bit late. lets pray to jesus it is a good one, but it'll probably only be ok.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Man they should've done this ages ago when expectations were still low. That's how the South Park movie was so successful (and to a lesser extent, the family guy movie): because they weren't expected to do anything crazy or spectacular.

That being said, it'd be a good way for the simpsons to finish, i saw a few more snippets of the movie on ch 10 and it was pretty funny from what i saw. (plus, disappointment or not, it will still draw in huge audiences).

Some_Guy

HSC
I was hoping that the reason the simpsons has been so shit for quite a while now is that all the good stuff was being saved for this movie.

my hopes may be shattered :(

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
It should be pointed out that the earlier series were written by different writers. I just hope they get decent writers for the movie. Recent series have been terribly written, making the rather poorly written but funny Family Guy look so many times better than the simpsons, which is rather sad.

As pointed out on the net somewhere all the recednt simspons episodes simply send the simpsons overseas for a 'wacky' and usually pretty unfunny adventure.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
The rock and the hard place thing made me chuckle, but it looks like new style humour where they have to repeat it for about 30 seconds (Family Guy anyone?) in an attempt to make it funnier. Family Guy use the same technique and it's just awful and irritating. I'm hoping for some middle seasons, probably 4-9, material otherwise this will be a huge disappointment. Apparently Hank Scorpio is in it, so that's a plus

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
bazookajoe said:
The rock and the hard place thing made me chuckle, but it looks like new style humour where they have to repeat it for about 30 seconds (Family Guy anyone?) in an attempt to make it funnier. Family Guy use the same technique and it's just awful and irritating. I'm hoping for some middle seasons, probably 4-9, material otherwise this will be a huge disappointment. Apparently Hank Scorpio is in it, so that's a plus
They ruined Stampy, Krusty's dad and Grandma Simpson by putting them in later shitty episodes, chances are they'll do it to Scorpio too. :(

"Ever see a man say goodbye to his shoe before?"
"Yes, once"

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Am i like the only person who is looking forward to seeing this movie? sure it could have come out earlier but it will be awesome nontheless i am just hoping that it isnt going to be an anticlimax coz the previews i have seen are awesome

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
No you've got me. I'm definately looking forward to this!

I mean its 2 hours+ of simpsons in a massively screened, 7.1 surround cinema! How can you go wrong?

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
S1M0 said:
No you've got me. I'm definately looking forward to this!

I mean its 2 hours+ of simpsons in a massively screened, 7.1 surround cinema! How can you go wrong?
Damn straight you cant go wrong! it will be soo awesome

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
goan_crazy said:
thats my mums birthday so i'm definitely not seeing it on opening night :rofl:
Well...you could always prepurchase tickets and give one to your mum for her bday :p...or wait till the next day...

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
dion7789 said:
Well...you could always prepurchase tickets and give one to your mum for her bday :p...or wait till the next day...
Unfortunately mum hates the simpsons
she doesn't like going to the movies in general

shes one of those people that falls alseep in movies :sleep:
i'll just see it the following tues on the 31st ;) and i'll get it cheap too :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)