Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
seeing it on thursday :shy:

- chadd

Lori.

HSC
you should all know that everything that was put into the teaser trailers is NOT going to be in the movie. Thats why the trailers look so shit, they dont even make sense :/ Thus being said, I still have hopes that it will be good :p

Its been rated PG tho, so if you dont want to be attacked by little toddlers while youre trying to watch it, dont go on the weekend!

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Lori. said:
you should all know that everything that was put into the teaser trailers is NOT going to be in the movie. Thats why the trailers look so shit, they dont even make sense :/ Thus being said, I still have hopes that it will be good :p

Its been rated PG tho, so if you dont want to be attacked by little toddlers while youre trying to watch it, dont go on the weekend!
Spider pig is fucking phenomenal.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I come bearing great news! This movie did not suck!!!
And everything from the trailers was in the movie.

Not on par with the Simpsons of yesteryear, but ten times better than the garbage they're putting on air today. Enjoyable, without being fantastic

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:

Not on par with the Simpsons of yesteryear, but ten times better than the garbage they're putting on air today. Enjoyable, without being fantastic
Sweet, hopefully I'll see it soon then.

Matthew89

HSC
bazookajoe said:
...ten times better than the garbage they're putting on air today
Thats great to hear. Maybe it wont be as bad as i fear it will be

icecreamdisco

HSC
bazookajoe said:

yeah, my thoughts too. i feel kinda silly for dissing it on the first time. good times, lots of lols, i left feeling satisfied.

it also has maybe the best. ralph line. ever.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
icecreamdisco said:
yeah, my thoughts too. i feel kinda silly for dissing it on the first time. good times, lots of lols, i left feeling satisfied.

it also has maybe the best. ralph line. ever.
Better than 'my cat;s breath smells like catfood?'
I hope its good the last seasons are crap!
I loved the trailer though esp spider pig

walrusbear

HSC
which ralph line???

nothing beats

ms hoover: ralph, remember when you thought you saw snagglepus outside?
ralph: he was going to the bathroom

as for the simpsons movie
it was better than my incredibly low expectations but not especially good
more than anything i'm amazed how little an impression it has left on me
after two hours i couldn't remember any jokes - except those hideously bad ones (the eskimo with huge knockers?? wha?)

i'm torn
i should be hoping for better from probably the best show ever (for its 'golden age')
but realistically, those highs are ten years passed.
ech, 3 stars :p

icecreamdisco

HSC
walrusbear said:
which ralph line???
"i like men now!" major lolz, especially in light of all the debate about where homosexuality is rooted.

and i also liked "have you ever tried going mad without power? it's boring. no one ever listens to you".

and chief wiggum's line after fat tony dumps the body in the lake, though i can't remember it exactly at the moment.

i mean, none of this raises it above being a good new episode, but i was surprised at how that alone makes it abetter and more satisfying experience than most recent films.

also, i saw it at the palace verona in paddington, and i got a free advance pass to see this is england (the acclaimed new film from shane 'dead man's shoes' meadows, about skinheads in thatcher era britain). win win!

Last edited:
G

Gavvvvvin

politik said:
It was crap.

And i've seen all 370-ish episodes about 25 times each.

So yeah, i expected alot from the film. But it didn't deliver.
Well you obviously haven't see all the episodes then, fkn n00b.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
'twas pretty good, despite what Politik the ass might think. I posted a long, rambling review elsewhere (NHC) that I don't feel like at all repeating. So yeah, 'twas funny, kinda touching, stayed true to the Simpsons format while adapting itself properly for the big screen. I enjoyed it immensely.

The trailers really don't do it justice.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
politik, if you think this is crapped compared to the last 200 or so episodes, you're obviously dreaming.
And there's been 400 episodes

Matthew89

HSC
I just saw it. i was expecting a very long episode with all the poor jokes of the recent episodes, so my expectations were low. Im glad to say that it exceeded my expectations. There were some jokes which were clearly targeted at kids, but there were some great jokes too. Its not a return to the early days, but it definitely isn't a failure. i'd give it 8/10

Oh, and my favourite part was definitely ralphs line

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)