• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The small guy just can't win... (1 Viewer)

Teleph

Look mum i'm a Starrrr
HSC
Who still writes text by text..if u do that in my school u are going stright down to the C-D range. Feel sorry for u lobster...ENG is a topic where sucking up is the only way to go if u meet gay teachers like what u have now. SUCK UP LIKE U NEVER SUCK UP BEFORE..SLURP SLURP...oh btw Lobster i saw ur hand writing before and its pretty bad man...u mite want to request bringiing in lap top during tests :D

OH and i also heard Huynh beat u :D ROFL thats from Rog :)

Giant Lobster

HSC
Fucken Huynh
fucken english
fucken teachers that prefer texts at a time
look, Fucken Huynh did it text by text at a time and he got like 30/45 (top mark in the grade was 35)
I did it idea at a time, linked like hell, stuck with argument and kept it about JOURNEYS and not about SKRZYNECKI. imo I did it uni style (being a bit up myself here) and I got 23/45

fucken indeed.

Now im forced to write lame just to get marks :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
Now im forced to write lame just to get marks :rolleyes:
Just dont forget how to write propely because come HSC you will want to write properly.

Toby

hmm..
Ahaaha
Sorry, another seftoner here :)
Dun worry, my assessment mark was around 60% but i ended up getting 89 in english
but i had tsevekidis :)
Sefton teachers mark like a b&*%#

Hmm.. with Repin, try getting her to mark your submitted essays and ask how to synthesise properly and basically everything else that looks like you're trying hard

Good luck dude

Last edited:

Giant Lobster

HSC
yeah i worked out that strat a bit too late
orite shes gonna reap the whirlwind; ill bombard her with so much practise essays she'll be sorry to give me a shit mark. I know shes biased and recognises handwriting, so ill make sure she thinks im good (regardless of whether i am). Must fight lame with lame. And out of spite as well cos i wont be giving jacksquat to my actual class teacher. yesssss... revenge.... :D

tsevekidis was one of the good teachers. but now shes gone and sefton is a shit once again. i swear i feel sorry for the year 7s that roam the grounds oblivious to the grave they dug for themselves. :(

Toby

hmm..
I actually thought Repin was a good teacher
I.e.
if bias worked in your favour :D

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Toby
I.e.
if bias worked in your favour :D
WHATS WRONG WITH YOU
were you an 03er or 02er

Toby

hmm..
03er
edit: I remember how Mr cree said not to put our names on our exams and instead our student numbers... and gave us an example with a student and possible bias involved
And then, Ms Repin tells her class to put their teachers name LOL
well, something like that... was so long ago, guess she's a tad bit tight

Last edited:

Giant Lobster

HSC
I.e.
if bias worked in your favour
/edit
bias never works in my favour. im about as unlucky as they come. not intneding to be bitter about my whole life up to this point but the way i see it, i've had to work hard just to compensate for the shit life chucks at me, and even harder to get ahead. :(
Ill argue this... hopefully I wont lose my temper. Repin holds grudges. And that wouldnt be so much of a problem if she weren't in a position of power, but she is. Sadly thats how the world (or at least Sefton) works.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You can actually complain to the principal, and they can actually do something about the teacher. A number of teachers from our school were sacked due on the marking, biased towards students and other things.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Repin holds grudges. And that wouldnt be so much of a problem if she weren't in a position of power, but she is. Sadly thats how the world (or at least Sefton) works.
But once she settles for your masculine charms, you're set for life

Winston

HSC
I'd suggest you give to type this response up so that no marks etc is there give it to some other english teachers to read... and see what they think it deserves... because if teachers like this one exists, it will only screw all students over... so you must complain and complain until you get a response it's your HSC... i remember when i had crap teachers i just complained everyone did...

Toby

hmm..
Hey, how do you guys write a typical AOS response aye? Do you do what all those in my school did and take it text by text at a time? (No dont answer me, I dont want to know, but if you did it like that, you can't link ideas)
Since I'm such a nice ex-seftoner I'll try to help (btw, if you're not from sefton, advice should be neglected as it could be catastrophic)
Well, I structured my text by:
intro (make sure this answers the question, Repin scrutinises over every minute detail, make sure references to texts are clear, so not to miss 20% of essay)
paragraph 1: topic sentence. technique.quote.analysis.relation to change/journey whatever.relation to question. repeat technique part...etc
paragraph 2: link text 1 to text 2
paragraph 3: repeat paragraph 1 for second text
paragraph 4: link text 2 with text 3, link text 1 with text 3
etc etc
I did my texts one at a time, sorry, had to anwer that question
This was how our class was taught to link texts

Ask yourself:
1) Did you shove enough sexy quotes to impress your teacher, along with analysis/relevance to question?
2) Incorporate key words from question into your answer so you don't stray off topic
3) Shove key words in their faces, e.g. change/journey/transformation/textual integrity etc etc
4) Use nice fat juicy words for the artistry/flair component of the marking criteria
5) Do not mix tense/spell words incorrectly. Repin is very strict on perfect grammar
6) Quality and quantity. As much as teachers say it's quality over quantity, in sefton, (to my experience) you need both. It demonstrates sophisticated knowledge of text (i.e. a 10 page meaty answer will win over a 5 page fat answer)

As long as you did this, the essay should not be a "dice-roll" mark. (I hope)
Don't worry about it too much, and this is just my opinion on how the AOS sefton essay should be answered. In the half yearlys/trials, you'll have student numbers, and each section will be given to different teachers

Giant Lobster

HSC
Quality and quantity?
My 7.1 page essay lost to a 2.5 unfinished essay
The difference? Mine was better; his/hers' was legible.

The main thing I've learnt from this ordeal is that I have to do texts one at a time now, just to get the marks. And also to write a dazzling intro cos in the end that's all that would be read anyway. Ive been doing basically everything else you listed there from the start anyway. Thanks.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Legibility is a critical area within marking, my friend found out the hard way at the actual hsc :|

Thing is if its illegible they cant read it, thus they cant award marks, and since there is a timelimit on hsc markers as such, that leaves little to no time..but rest assured they are isntructed to give as many marks as possible not drag you down

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)