The stress of doing well in your exams (1 Viewer)

Waiyana

HSC
Hi everyone

well this is my first post

how is everyone coping with the half yearlys coming up? Do you feel like the need to do well since it goes to your school assessment mark?

Btw, how much hrs of study do you do in a week. Currently I've been just doing homework so any advice?

check out my blog
www.inmytreehouseworld.blogspot.com

xx

LonelyWolf

HSC
Greetings!

Coping with the HSC and up coming HY's pretty well. A couple of weeks ago i was just freaking over the ATAR cut offs for Uni Courses, that is when i was looking at the 2011 UAC guide. But now I'm feeling extremely determined and organised. I usually think of the day when HSC results are released, and try to picture myself in front of that computer screen with happy tears :D That gives me a goal that i want to experience, because every bit counts. Especially when in the position I'm in currently.

In terms of preparation for HY's, I'm trying my best to do 4 hours weeknights, that includes my HW which i don't get a lot of. On weekends, about 6 hours on Saturday and 5 hours on Sunday. My hours will increase on the days i have off during the exam block to about 5 hours weekdays and same for weekends, but it really only depends on how efficiently I'm studying. For modern and anicent history, i'm doing speeches, no so exam, I'll include prep for this during study hours.

Advice, if i was you, I'd be doing the same as me. I don't know what subjects you're doing and how well you usually do at school. You should do at least 2-3 hours on weeknights 2 weeks before the exam, which is when my exams are. You should create a timetable for each week, there's some good examples on here and set some goals and get motivated!

oh don't procrastinate too much, which is what I'm doing as we speak!

Waiyana

HSC
wow thanks for the help, much appreciated. :)

haha i should get started now, HY's are in about 3 weeks.

Im doing adv english, ext english,adv maths, music 2, ext music, visual arts

ATAR AIM- 90+

Kanane

HSC
N/A
My half yearlies (or as my teachers put it, Mid-Course) examinations are next week and I'm feeling the stress immensely. I'm so underprepared for it that I'm already freaking out about it. My advice for you? Definitely do not leave studying till the last minute unless cramming works for you or else you can expect unwanted stress and anxiety (from my opinion anyways). Anyway, get a few solid hours in on the week days depending on your homework load and just try to consolidate major points which you suspect will be tested.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Don't freak out. There's still heaps of assessment to go, not to mention the HSC exams themselves.

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
My half yearly exams are next week and the week after. =/ I'm not 'too stressed', feeling okay about most of my subjects. I've done some study over the past few weeks, and I think I have a good understanding of most of the concepts covered. The only issue will be remembering it all; yay for taking mostly humanity subjects. The half yearly exams at my school only weigh 15%, some subjects 20%; so they're very similar to the weighting of most of assessment tasks. So really not huge, still a fair chunk, but nothing to panic about [like the Trials....eeek 40%].

My only advice, is to try and have fun (difficult I know). But if you keep on top of everything, do some regular study well before the exams and maintain that pattern, everything should work out okay. I for one, don't want to think of my final year of school being spent in a dark corner stressed my brains out about the idea of assessment tasks. Nor do I want a crap ATAR, so I balance of both work / play / be crazy; is a must.

Best of luck for your upcoming exams. n_n Speaking of which, I should probably get back to studying for. u_u English exam tomorrow. D:

LonelyWolf

HSC
@ ArtemisOrthia - good to see someone who doesn't do any higher maths or sciencey subjects. and we have the same hopes of an 85+ ATAR.

lucy-in-the-sky

HSC
My half yearlies are next week and I only have 3 exams. I think this is what is making me not motivated to study but I am still freaking out about them. Plus I don't get a lot of time in between training and working which should make me better at time management. Any ideas on how to get myself motivated to do some study?

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC
I think everyone should try their hardest and not procrastinate.. but here i am doing that the night before my 25% economics exam.. great example.. but i myself know i can pull off wonders when under pressure so yeah, i suppose everyone works under different circumstances.

Aindan

HSC
I've been studying quite a bit, 1 hour a day for a while now :D

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
@ ArtemisOrthia - good to see someone who doesn't do any higher maths or sciencey subjects. and we have the same hopes of an 85+ ATAR.
n_n Yeah it's not a very common subject combination. If you need any help, or just want to have a chat about anything for English / Modern / Ancient / Religion, more than happy to. What options / texts / topics are you doing for English / Modern / Ancient / Religion? What sort of degree / career path are you looking at after the HSC? (Yeah I'm procrastinating and refusing to do work for my Ancient Exam tomorrow.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)