• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Strokes (2 Viewers)

intelligentable

HSC
N/A
I've heard rumors of possibly The Casanovas as support?
I can't believe they still haven't annouced who it is yet. I've been looking everywhere, and I've got nuthin:confused:

HSC
mmm, so good .. being extremely superficial, julian is THAT hot.

15 year old girls in the used shirts screaming at julian and trying to mosh, and instead getting pushed over = lol.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
the crowd was fucking terrible though

i almost started a fight with some girl :/

GREAT SET and my oh julian, nick. swoooooooooooooon

except a little too mechanical. theyre a machine now. same usual banter :( "you guys are greeeeeeeat" yeah. fuck off jules. you think these cunts are awesome?

but. what can i say
<3 ze strokes

pete_mate

HSC
i was four people from the front on the left a bit, i was the only one moshing to some songs, you're right about the crowd.

you only live once, was orgasmicly good, the guitar, aargh, sooo good,

mma19

HSC
Killer gig, there were moments when I had chills. And I'll definetly be giving the new album a bit more of a listen. But the highlight: Hard to Explain.

justbecause

icanhascheezburger
HSC
Great night last night. My favourite song they played would definetly be 12:51 (I just loved the clapping part). I got some good views sitting on some guy's shoulder for a little bit and a little crowd surf hehe. Terrible crowd, some people were absoulately rude, in the beginning I was at one side from the stage, a couple of minutes later I was on the other side then finding myself in the centre towards the middle of the set.

Did anyone know what Julian threw out to the crowd after Take It Or Leave It? I was right there but somehow I found my way grabbing on someone's pants :\ I couldn't understand a thing he said, all I could make out was him saying "I love you, I love you, I love you" or something like that to the crowd.

Albert looked cool in that white suit. :cool:

arrested development
HSC
horrendous crowd. worst ever. i could practically hear a chorus of a million 15-year-old minds thinking "oh my gawwwddd! my first, like, concert! I MUST PUSH EVERYONE TO BE RELLI KEWLLL!!1!!!!!111!"

fuck. i hate people. and i had some guy groping me for a while. ugh.

anyway, once i was pushed right to the front and firmly squashed into place it was ok. my ribs are so sore and bruised though. :(

terrible support. could they have been more wanky? i think not. also, a prime example of when meshing styles of music together does not work. the singer sounded like he was trying to be pete doherty... and then they had some sort of jesus and mary chain-esque guitar stuff going on...? it sounded rubbish. just crap.
of course, all the little tweeny girls were practically going mental over that loser guitarist who took his shirt of (god. sever me with a chainsaw, please.)

the strokes were solid and not disappointing. great set; they played all the "right" songs. but i do agree with you, melissa, that it felt rather mechanichal. overall it was a good show (if a little short), but not life-changing (ha ha). they have such an air of haughtiness about them. oh well, it's part of the appeal.

julian is massively sexy.
nick's hair needs to DIE. fuck. he's spoiling his looks.
fab is my favourite now. his legs are like matchsticks.

a girl i know waited by the stage door after the show and nick came out and signed stuff/said hello. oh man... she has some pictures, right? you can't even see his face in them because of his jewish lady hair. i wanted to shout out "nick, cut your goddam hair!" so many times throughout the show. but then he might have gotten upset and played horribly or something. it's best not to rile these kind of cool guys up.

pete_mate

HSC
justbecause said:
Did anyone know what Julian threw out to the crowd after Take It Or Leave It? I was right there but somehow I found my way grabbing on someone's pants :\ I couldn't understand a thing he said, all I could make out was him saying "I love you, I love you, I love you" or something like that to the crowd.
weren't they drumsticks?

HSC
yeah, the crowd pissed me off so bad. i could hear this group of girls behind me like "omg! so when they come on, like, let's all like put our arms together and like squish our way to the front omg yeah" like everyone else didn't have the same idea, cunts. i was pretty much right at the front but i got pissed off after a couple of songs so i moved back a few rows which was heaps better .. but then somehow i ended up at the front again, like when julian came down to the crowd for new york city cops he was like, a metre away. mmmmm.

lol, seriously after EVERY song he was like "you guys are beautiful .. what a lovely city .. mmm electricity is such a nice invention ok yeah" get off the drugs, man lol.

arrested development
HSC
boooo. those bastards played a cover of 'walk on the wild side' for the people in melbourne. :(
i'm so utterly jealous.

maybe if the sydney audience hadn't've been such fags we could have gotten something cool like that too. :rolleyes:

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
fab personally gave my friend a call after the gig... she officially died that night :p

pinkicecubes

HSC
exxcceeellleeenntttt show!!! The crowd really peeved me off as well. I had a bunch of 14 yr olds next to us who kept asking eachother 'when are they going to play juicebox? thats like the only song i know and i bet its the best!' *BANGS HEAD* I also had a seedy 30 yr old looking guy who kept bumping up against me so my boy had to give him a little shove to get him away teehee :p But oh my were they good!! sigghh

HSC
they really need to have separate over and under 18's shows. when i was underage i was all like "aww! all shows should be all ages!" and now i'm like .. fuck that, i don't want any little screaming teenybopper fucks around me, get them away. ha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)