The Super Smash Brothers Thread (2 Viewers)

HSC
HedgeMaster said:
In a sense yes, I but the real reason would most likely 2 add more online capabilities, i.e Voice chat, instead of that stupid typed message taunts. And add more characters due 2 the change position in the game developing industry. i.e. Bungie studios (2nd party dev of microsoft) breaking away and becoming 3rd party dev again (even tho MS has licence interest rights 2 halo). Becuase of this i have a feeling SSBB will have master chief!!!, and also cloud from FF7 (just an inclining).
LOL.

Those characters you suggested, no. It was surprise enough that Sonic is actually in it, and that took a lot of negotiation I'll bet. I highly doubt there will be voice chat either, Nintendo really is "family friendly" instead of "gamer friendly" at times. :(

HedgeMaster

HSC
Yeh ur probably right, but nintendo is known for doing crazy stuff. Im still recovering after the sonic thing (that was possible as SEGA is now a 3rd party developer and can do whatever the hell they want with their own characters, though nintendo does own a considerable amount of its stock). But ties with 2nd party devs with sony and microsoft (moreso for sony) are weakening do to bad hardware sales and bad attach rates (i.e sony, laclustre game line up). Thats is why they are seeking more stronger alternatives. For instance Solid Snake, that was such a huge surprise, considering how many ppl think it basicially was sony exclusive, but konami went back 2 their ties with nintendo (good old nes 'metal gear' days). As it is technically better to side with strong competiters. I personally l would luv 4 master chief and cloud 2 b in smash, but it still is a massive long-shot, possiblly on the next SSB. Though you cant rule out that they would not make an appearance for brawl, because come one, its licencing!, not stealing (kind of like whoring!!, lol). Their mothership companies due systematically get the right of way though. (i.e Halo DS, dam microsoft...)

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Forget the logistics and market ties and whatnot for one tiny second, and just use plain sense. Master Chief is undoubtedly Microsoft's most recognised mascot, there is just no way in hell he would be in any Smash Bros game, ever. You just said yourself in that other post that Microsoft have the rights to Halo. Sonic really wasn't much of a surprise considering that Mario and Sonic Olympic Games game was announced a while ago.

HedgeMaster

HSC
Yes indeed i did say that, but im just saying it would be cool!. Of course microsoft does have the right, but not exactly 'exculsive rights', they have the 'best interest' for the franchise. Just as I said, Bungie were developing Halo DS, and microsft pulled the plug bcause it would screw them over. Alll im just tryin 2 say is, I would b kool if master cheif was in SSB, just images his moves they would b sweet.

HedgeMaster

HSC
Yeh but being a mascot doesnt neccessay say they own it. They dont own 'exclusivity rights' to halo, as it is the intellectual property of Bungie. Apart of the agreement when bungie split from MS to become a 3rd party dev again, was that basicially get the best of interest in a sense of the projects future ( i.e the rts 'Halo wars'), though systematically its bungie who deals with the interests in the franchise. So if its the best interest for the franchise to be developed for another console, then so be it. MS cant own everything come on, bungie was smart, they didnt wanna b a one trick pony.
But seriously all i want 2 say is that it would b cool if MC would b in SSB. Just imagine his special powers!, his smash attack could b that power blade thing, and his b button attack could be the SMG!!!, lol. Think about it.

HedgeMaster

HSC
Lam, i acciedently posted the same thing twice disregard the one before the thing i just posted, sry guys.

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
supposedly in order for a third party character to bein the game, they need to have been in a game on a nintendo system. so no chance of master chief that way, and very unlikely for cloud.

HedgeMaster

HSC
Yay they just added GRAY FOX as an assist trophy!!, i just wish he was playable tho!!, i wonder wat other metal gear charcters could b on smash?, thers gotta b more than just snake?, liquid sanke, meyrl (wtf, lol)??
-thoughts?

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
I think we're lucky to get Snake and Sonic, I don't think they'll add any more characters from their games. But I guess you never know

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
There won't be any more playable characters from Snake, and others from Sonic seems ridiculously unlikely. Tails would be kinda cool though

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
apparently tails is meant to be an assist trophy, to save you when you get knocked off the level.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
another 3rd party char in Saki Amamiya

Sin and Punishment was made by Treasure, if i remember correctly. It wasn't released in aus but you can get a translation on the virtual console

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
http://www.videogamer.com/news/06-12-2007-7051.html

Nintendo confirms to VideoGamer.com that the game won't hit our shores until after the end of Q2 2008.

Hotly anticipated Wii title Super Smash Bros. Brawl won't be coming out in Europe until after June 2008, Nintendo has confirmed to VideoGamer.com.

We thought something was up when we noticed the game was absent from Nintendo's updated schedule, distributed to media this morning. This seemed odd considering Mario Kart Wii, another high-profile first-party Wii game, was listed as coming out in Q2.

When contacted by VideoGamer.com a Nintendo spokesperson revealed that SSBB won't be out until after Q2 in Europe. SSBB is set for release in the US on February 10, 2008 and January 24, 2008 in Japan.

This is obviously bad news for European fans of the series. It means at best we won't be seeing SSBB for a whopping 158 days after its Japanese release, and 141 days after its US release.

The Nintendo spokesperson said: "If the game is not listed on the schedule up until the end of Q2 it is currently not due out until after that time."

gee thx again nintendo

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
runtlocks said:
gee thx again nintendo
Yeah I was just reading about this on wikipedia, as I checked if it had a release date yet.
Just the fact that I was originally expecting it to come out at a similar time to metroid and mario, and if I recall correctly it was going to be a launch title at one point.
These delays between territories really aren't acceptable anymore.

There goes the game that was going to make my drinking and video game summer.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
It's pretty unfair for them to criticise modding when they continually do this

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah kinda silly, since we're probably closer to Japan than America is, the only problem is that a) we're smaller b) we're PAL :(

Some_Guy

HSC
runtlocks said:
http://www.videogamer.com/news/06-12-2007-7051.html

Nintendo confirms to VideoGamer.com that the game won't hit our shores until after the end of Q2 2008.

Hotly anticipated Wii title Super Smash Bros. Brawl won't be coming out in Europe until after June 2008, Nintendo has confirmed to VideoGamer.com.

We thought something was up when we noticed the game was absent from Nintendo's updated schedule, distributed to media this morning. This seemed odd considering Mario Kart Wii, another high-profile first-party Wii game, was listed as coming out in Q2.

When contacted by VideoGamer.com a Nintendo spokesperson revealed that SSBB won't be out until after Q2 in Europe. SSBB is set for release in the US on February 10, 2008 and January 24, 2008 in Japan.

This is obviously bad news for European fans of the series. It means at best we won't be seeing SSBB for a whopping 158 days after its Japanese release, and 141 days after its US release.

The Nintendo spokesperson said: "If the game is not listed on the schedule up until the end of Q2 it is currently not due out until after that time."

gee thx again nintendo
pretty horrific news. March i could accept, but post June!! ffs!

Snooty

HSC
http://www.videogamer.com/news/07-12-2007-7058.html

EU release date up in air following release schedule line up confusion.

Nintendo has backtracked on its previous statement that upcoming Wii title Super Smash Bros. Brawl won't be coming out until after June 2008, saying it will "communicate on all software titles launching in Q2 2008 for Wii and Nintendo DS at a later date".

Yesterday, we noticed that SSBB was absent from the Japanese publisher's EU release schedule for the first half of next year, so we asked Nintendo whether that meant the game would not be out until after Q2 2008.

Its response at the time was: "If the game is not listed on the schedule up until the end of Q2 it is currently not due out until after that time."

The news lead to a number of European gamers slamming the huge gap between when they would get the game and when it will hit Japanese and US shores - January 2008 and February 2008 respectively.

However today, perhaps in response to that criticism, Nintendo has backtracked on its initial statement, saying that the initially distributed release schedule confirmed dates for "Nintendo titles launching in Q1 2008" only, with the exception of a fixed release date for Mario Kart Wii in Q2.

In a statement it said: "All Nintendo software titles launching in Q2 2008 have not been finalised or confirmed to date. Nintendo will communicate on all software titles launching in Q2 2008 for Wii and Nintendo DS at a later date."

This leaves the release date of SSBB in Europe up in the air. While the statement does not confirm that SSBB will be out before the end of Q2, it does not deny it either.

Rest assured we'll bring you more news on SSBB as we get it.

._. early release plz

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)