The Tennis Thread (2 Viewers)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Re: The Official Tennis Thread

He did it!

Shows how much his game and mental strength has improved after choking so many times against the top players.

Hoping for an epic men's final unlike what happened in 2011.

teabag

do it
HSC

Murray will never be as good as FEDERER
2008 called, they want their tennis champion back

look face it, federer has peaked.
yes he still is a damn good player, but murray, djocko and nadal aren't going anywhere any time soon

aceer

HSC

Djokovic to win final 3-1

teabag

do it
HSC

Djokovic to win final 3-1
it'll be 5 sets definitely.
murray beat djocko in US open few months back, and i dunno if you were watching, but he played a pretty fierce match just now

babymonkee95

HSC

This is a sad sad day :'(
Murray beats Federer FUCK LOGIC!!!!!

aceer

HSC

it'll be 5 sets definitely.
murray beat djocko in US open few months back, and i dunno if you were watching, but he played a pretty fierce match just now
Federer let him win tonight, he is a generous man letting someone else take the top cash prize

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A

He did it!

Shows how much his game and mental strength has improved after choking so many times against the top players.

Hoping for an epic men's final unlike what happened in 2011.
Bloody hell im surprised by how much murray has improved over the last year, did not expect him to beat fed but he did and deservingly so

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A

Bloody hell im surprised by how much murray has improved over the last year, did not expect him to beat fed but he did and deservingly so
its definitely because of his coach lendl, fed and djokovic smashed the shit out of him in the finals (2010 and 2011?)

I know murray won the US last year against novak, but for me djokovic currently looks like the player to win it this year at the aussie

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Some factors:
- Betting prices --> Murray was favourite to win
- Age --> Murray is younger and is at his peak age (and is full of confidence having won the USO12). Fed is 31.5 years old...
- Physical condition --> Murray had a 3 setters quarters.. Roger had a 5 setters quarters...
- H2H --> Murray actually leads the overall H2H by 1 (leads by 2 now...) --> Despite the fact that Roger hasn't lost to Murray in a slam prior to this match....

Gratz to Murray but gotta give Roger credit too....

Roger survived at the brink of defeat in the 4th set but physically in the 5th set... he was at like 50%.... At least he extended it to the 5th!

But sad day for a Roger fan like me :(

(Murray, you better beat Novak in the finals)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Well Rogi is such a gentleman...

On the bright side for Roger:
- He knows he can't beat Novak in the finals so he wants Murray to beat Novak so:
1. Novak doesn't get 3 consecutive AOs.
2. Novak doesn't get his 4th AO. (Roger had 4 AOs atm)

bleakarcher

HSC

What do you guys reckon, was it Federer being a bit off his game tonight or was Murray just too good?

tbh I felt as though Federer couldn't end points as well as he usually does e.g. his backhand seemed a bit off tonight.

bleakarcher

HSC

Well Rogi is such a gentleman...

On the bright side for Roger:
- He knows he can't beat Novak in the finals so he wants Murray to beat Novak so:
1. Novak doesn't get 3 consecutive AOs.
2. Novak doesn't get his 4th AO. (Roger had 4 AOs atm)
Hope Novak wins, lol.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

What do you guys reckon, was it Federer being a bit off his game tonight or was Murray just too good?

tbh I felt as though Federer couldn't end points as well as he usually does e.g. his backhand seemed a bit off tonight.
Murray was just too good. Tsonga and Murray both dominated Roger over the long baseline exchanges...

Plus he's old. 31.5 years old =/= young in tennis. Sampras was much worse at Roger's age....

bleakarcher

HSC

Murray was just too good. Tsonga and Murray both dominated Roger over the long baseline exchanges...

Plus he's old. 31.5 years old =/= young in tennis. Sampras was much worse at Roger's age....
I guess I agree. It's sad to watch his game deteriorate :(.

teabag

do it
HSC

I do see what you mean, but when you look at anything enough you can see some faults
so I mean

yanno
hopefully Murray has it in him to win

(I just really don't like Djocko)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC

Still think Novak's the favourite. Aus Open is his forte slam and his physical fitness is remarkable. I was surprised at how well he recovered from that 5 hour epic with Wawrinka (which I got to watch live btw :p) and managed to smash his QF and SF opponents so comprehensively (especially Ferrer).

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad

nah baghdatis looks like he'll win it this year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)