The theatre thread.... (1 Viewer)

princessrach

HSC
Hey all!

I know I cant be the only actor + lover of theatre out there. So spill - whats showing now thats good?

I recently saw Implausible People at the Old Fitz in Woolloomooloo [or however you spell it] in Sydney and it was Fantastic!

Is there anything else showing now that I should be seeing?

michael1990

HSC
did you see Rocky Horror?

it was FANTASTIC!

(even though i didn't know all the songs, and was surrounded by old people)

My Mother had forced me to go, but i loved it.

CurlyRuby

HSC
Oh i'd LOVE to see RHS. Also Phantom is on in Sydney atm, that's supposed to be fantastic.

And WICKED is coming out in july!!! <3 <3 <3
That's in melbourne though. I've had my tickets for ages, I can't WAIT. I'm going in semester break.

Haha I'm such a theatre nerd.

CurlyRuby

HSC
yer8899 said:
i saw phantom last night.
it was boring at times but overall a great production. vocals were excellent.
Anthony Warlow! (l)

Lexii-

HSC
I saw Billy Elliot the other day.. it was alright. I got a bit bored, but it was a good production, great acting by the little kid.

CurlyRuby

HSC
Lexii- said:
I saw Billy Elliot the other day.. it was alright. I got a bit bored, but it was a good production, great acting by the little kid.
No way I loved billy elliot!

SpoonSamba

HSC
the pillowman is now showing at belvoir and is deadset one of the best scripts ii have ever heard. its like ingenius.

im seeing quite a bit in the coming weeks i'll keep y'all posted lol

brisee

HSC
Lexii- said:
Wow! Is that possible?? That was musical of the moment for me. That's quite astounding. For the record, I saw it, blubbered all throughout.

Anyway, anyone interested in seeing our show? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-wQwJt3zeE

We'd love it if we saw you there. Sorry, if I barged in on a hard core thespian thread. If you're into light, musical theatre... this might be cool ><

Also, if anyone's a huge-as RENThead, Hop onto Compulsive Bowlers, I'm trying to round up an Australian chapter to go see the World Tour in Japan in August. Right in the middle of HSC, but oh well.

Last edited:

insideout

HSC
browsing around and found this
for the record i am a huge fan of musical theatre and my favourate shows are billy elliot and the lion king. I managed to get cheap seats to billy as my friends little brother plays billy in the show and HE IS BRILLIANT! im also told that mary poppins will be moving into the capital theatre as of september/october this year:music: it looks pritty good!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
AzureBlue: Let me redirect you to the more recent theatre thread.

http://community.boredofstudies.org/47/entertainment/214628/theatre-thread.html

http://community.boredofstudies.org/47/entertainment/214628/theatre-thread.html

Either link will redirect you. You've been bumping quite a few old threads in the past few days. Make sure you check for more recent threads concerning the topic at hand.

PS: I went to uni with OP. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)