The Time Traveller's Wife (1 Viewer)

Jaylee42003

HSC
Has anybody read this and thought it was over-rated? Or did you think it deserves all the hype around it? I'm posting this because after I got 3 quarters the way into the book, I got bored and fed up with it, as I found it boring and not as good as what I expected. But that's just my humble opinion. So what are yours?

simplyyme

HSC
i've got the book at home, but im only about half way through it because i've been way too busy to finish it, it's alright so far, but i only think it seems to be overrated due to the fact that there's a movie about it.

I just don't hope it becomes something like twilight cause that will piss me off ==" I don't want another book ruined by how little kids only read it cause its "cool" to be seen with it and carry everywhere thinking they're all super aswesome cause they're reading a book

Jaylee42003

HSC
i've got the book at home, but im only about half way through it because i've been way too busy to finish it, it's alright so far, but i only think it seems to be overrated due to the fact that there's a movie about it.

I just don't hope it becomes something like twilight cause that will piss me off ==" I don't want another book ruined by how little kids only read it cause its "cool" to be seen with it and carry everywhere thinking they're all super aswesome cause they're reading a book
I don't think the majority of young people who own a copy of Twilight read it because they wish to be 'cool'. They read it because it is an exciting story, that would never occur in real life. That is the wonder of books. So I have to disagree with you there.
And I am pretty sure that even if what you said was valid, TTTW would never take off with tweens like it has with Twilight. It's much more of an adult read, and I guess when in the face of a sparkly, clingy vampire - the average guy who gets sent back and forth throughout time against his will doesn't really cut it.

fl0

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes in all honesty, I didn't like it at all. With all the attention it received I was expecting something riveting and engaging but all the mindless details and events didn't seem to have much purpose to me so I tried to force myself to read the whole thing for the sake of me saying I READ IT but I failed miserably. Lol.

alax dillon

HSC
i didnt know there was a book version, but i watched the movie (featuring rachel mcadams and eric bana - he looks absloutely gorgeous in it before he gets his hair cut and she is the most gorgeous girl ive ever seen) and i thought it was pretty fantastic actually. bawled my eyes out the last half hour in the middle of the cinema

definitely goingg to read the book now. just got to get a copy of it.

magickmidget

HSC
N/A
Had a person tell me to read it, it's fantastic, I'll love it. People are usually wrong when they say something like that. *shrug*

HSC
i didnt know there was a book version, but i watched the movie (featuring rachel mcadams and eric bana - he looks absloutely gorgeous in it before he gets his hair cut and she is the most gorgeous girl ive ever seen)
pretty much on the last part, ew at eric bana

HSC
im planning on reading this. only because i wanted to see the movie and never actually did see it :(

10andeje

HSC
im doing it as one of my texts for english i thought it was pretty good but never got a chance to see the movie
and as i had heard no one talk about it i didnt have high expectations for it but was pleasantly surprised

alax dillon

HSC
im doing it as one of my texts for english i thought it was pretty good but never got a chance to see the movie
and as i had heard no one talk about it i didnt have high expectations for it but was pleasantly surprised

how does it fall into belonging?

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I haven't watched the movie, but I read the book. It is a wonderful story, a tiny mix of sci-fi with an enchanting love story. It's one of my favourite reads.

mioumiou

HSC
Is the movie better than the book or is the book better than the movie?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)