The Umat Results 2012. (1 Viewer)

Alkanes

HSC
The UMAT's an interesting test... I went in not giving a s*** (because I don't want to do undergrad med) and got this:
Section 1- 76
2- 79
3- 60 (haha crash and burn much)
Overall- 72 (99th percentile)
Guess that just shows that you should try not to stress about stuff, because the stress doesn't help you that much. Good job to everyone for doing it though! :D
Well thats good for you I guess. I'm sure many people would of wanted that result or close to it with that sort of mentality.

Zeroes

HSC
Section I: 71
Section II: 53
Section III: 63
UMAT Overall Score: 62
Percentile Rank: 91

I'm happy enough :)
I was kinda surprised though, I thought I failed section 1 and aced the shit out of section 3 - 3 was my best by far in the ACER practices I did.

trxpleflatt

HSC
Failed :D I guess I have no chance of getting an interview ... should I just delete my med preferences? *SIGH
Section I: Logical Reasoning and Problem Solving 59 UMAT Overall Score: 57
Section II: Understanding People 49 Percentile Rank: 76
Section III: Non-verbal Reasoning 63

ilovefriends

HSC
N/A
PLEASE HELP!! do i have a chance with these marks?

Section 1: 55
Section 2: 60
Section 3: 61

Overall: 59
Percentile: 83

I'm very upset about section 1 but i think i did ok overall (but not fantastic) so do i have a chance of getting an interview at UNSW or UWS with 83 percentile or is that highly unlikely? im estimated to get an atar way above 99 (hopefully it will actually happen), will a high ATAR compensate for my low UMAT score? PLEASE HELP i don't know how to react to my results should i just give up completely?

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
Hey people, I got
58 s1
47 s2
65 s3
Overall 57
76 percentile

Does anyone know if I have a chance of either UWS or UNCLE?
honey, I got 76 in section one and have no chance at UNCLE.

And barely a chance at UWS.

So probs not.

Section I: 71
Section II: 53
Section III: 63
UMAT Overall Score: 62
Percentile Rank: 91

I'm happy enough :)
I was kinda surprised though, I thought I failed section 1 and aced the shit out of section 3 - 3 was my best by far in the ACER practices I did.
section three probably got scaled down since it was so easy this year.

For some reason I think section one was scaled up and two down, which is retarded because one was soooo easy and two was a fucking nightmare.

I'm very upset about section 1 but i think i did ok overall (but not fantastic) so do i have a chance of getting an interview at UNSW or UWS with 83 percentile or is that highly unlikely? im estimated to get an atar way above 99 (hopefully it will actually happen), will a high ATAR compensate for my low UMAT score? PLEASE HELP i don't know how to react to my results should i just give up completely?
you probs have a chance at UNSW (and maybe USyd)
And maybe UWS if you're GWS
And *maybe* UNCLE (but don't count on it with that section one).

Dylanamali

HSC

Best bet would be UNSW,

for UWS your a 140.5, last years cut off was 149 for GWS.

JMP was a 59 in s1 last year.

dwayne95

HSC
Section 1 : 66
Section 2: 65
Section 3: 65
95th percentile. :)

Does anyone know if this is good enough for UNSW?

Blatros

HSC
I got 63 + 56 + 61 with 84th Percentile.
I want to go to jmp! at UON
It says UMAT: To qualify, you need a score of 50+ in each section. After that, interviews are given based on section 1 scores. For 2011, cut-off was around 58 at UNCLE. Not sure about UNE.
ATAR: 94.30+

ATAR EST: 97
what so you think my chances are?

ilovefriends

HSC
N/A
Thanks 'Some Vunt' and 'Dylanamali' for clarifying everything it helped heaps!

HSC
Two people I know of didn't really study that much and got 98%tile lol

Alkanes

HSC
Two people I know of didn't really study that much and got 98%tile lol
For that exam, whether you studied or not didn't really have a significant impact on your results. I know a girl prepped for 1 whole year, ended up with a 40. Disappointing, you would say?

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
Hey guys these are my results:

Section 1: 76
Section 2: 46 (stunned.. normally my best section)
Section 3: 60

Overall: 61
Percentile: 89

I am from GWS and my first preference is UNSW and second preference UWS. Are my chances for UWS good? Do I have any chance with UNSW to get an interview??? Im looking towards getting a 98+ atar, possibly >99 (if everything goes well for me :p )
This happened to me last year except I did better in section two and worse in the others.

The section two in the actual paper is astronomically harder. Cunts.

Well, not harder, just... different (FUCKED).

Last edited:

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
I got 63 + 56 + 61 with 84th Percentile.
I want to go to jmp! at UON
It says UMAT: To qualify, you need a score of 50+ in each section. After that, interviews are given based on section 1 scores. For 2011, cut-off was around 58 at UNCLE. Not sure about UNE.
ATAR: 94.30+

ATAR EST: 97
what so you think my chances are?
Bitch, your chances be looking fine (you lucky bastard)

For that exam, whether you studied or not didn't really have a significant impact on your results. I know a girl prepped for 1 whole year, ended up with a 40. Disappointing, you would say?
This.

I think it's more about how confident you are going in.

I went in with a clearer mindset so I did better, but also I went in thinking I would do worse in section two (and what do you think happened?) :haha:

Alkanes

HSC
Bitch, your chances be looking fine (you lucky bastard)

This.

I think it's more about how confident you are going in.

I went in with a clearer mindset so I did better, but also I went in thinking I would do worse in section two (and what do you think happened?) :haha:
Yes confidence and experience was the key to success in that exam. I see many people improving when they did it second time round, like yourself.

The girl was probably stressed out too much. I saw people before outside reading notes/attempting questions before the exam. I deemed those people screwed up, cos it shows a lack of confidence and the girl I know was one of these people lol. Better luck next time i guess?

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
One of my cousins done the umat this year. Just wondering what is the minimum mark / percentile do you need to be eligible to do a med course?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)